Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster v Munster Semi final Build up thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

I'm sorry, but I didn't see Conan do anything special except, give the ball to Stander, while trying to pull up his shorts. He was completely outplayed by CJ in this game. It's a shame the backs for Munster were poor or it could have been a different game.

To the people here making a villain out of Kleyn, I would like to say, Furlong set the tone with some seriously aggressive play in the first half.

Also when Ross sees a 6'8 second row bearing down on him, he might get out of the way next time and stop trying to slow down the ball, I think a ten in the ruck is like a red flag to a bull.

Conan made 21 tackles. Impressive in any game.

Trying to defend klyne? Come on. Clearly a red all day- don't see how it's a 10 he is going for makes it any more explainable. Munster were pushing for a game leveling try. Was costly even if it didn't get the full punishment it deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Furlong was anything but legal in his efforts and yuu know it .
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for someone to agree with you. But sure we'll see when the citing period is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

And strawmanning too, brilliant!!
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Watch it again. Was perfectly legal. It's just the physics of a 20 odd stone prop clearing a winger. Looks worse than it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for someone to agree with you. But sure we'll see when the citing period is over.
    I thought furlongs tackle at 6/7 mins was dangerous and deserved a penalty if not yellow. Called it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stephen_n paid the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Using his arms is perfectly legal. It was a good clearout. Nothing wrong with it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Incorrect

So you keep saying, and again, you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jesus this must be the worst thread this forum has seen in years......

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I saw a Munster Leinster 1/2 and 1/2 jersey today.

It made me want to vomit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Is there genuinely a discussion whether Kleyns clear out on Byrne was a yellow or red??

Im completely impartial That should have been a red, he leads with his head and makes contact with Byrne's head. It is completely shocking that he was allowed back into the pitch. TMO and ref fecked up big time on that call

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Stephen_n paid the ref.

I hope no one paid that ref!

So you’ll be back to blue next time you’re in the terrace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

awec wrote: »

Over whom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

molloyjh wrote: »
    Jesus this must be the worst thread this forum has seen in years......
    Ah some of the recent international threads have been worse to be fair!!
    awec wrote: »

Whats worse though? At least both sides are semi successful!! :pac:
    could be worse it could be a half munster and half ulster shirt or a full ulster jersey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I believe there's a tiddlywinks forum around here somewhere, but watch out, I hear there are some nasty posts about paper cuts.

I believe there's going to be a final thread around here somewhere but watch out, I hear you've no reason to open it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ah some of the recent international threads have been worse to be fair!!

Whats worse though? At least both sides are semi successful!! :pac:
    could be worse it could be a half munster and half ulster shirt or a full ulster jersey!!

Even worse again, a half Connacht/half Ulster jersey..... ;)

I'm not seeing anything wrong with that at all.

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/997848984877195264?s=19

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Over whom?
    Over everyone.

Leinster Munster is too lovey dovey these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Is there genuinely a discussion whether Kleyns clear out on Byrne was a yellow or red??

Im completely impartial That should have been a red, he leads with his head and makes contact with Byrne's head. It is completely shocking that he was allowed back into the pitch. TMO and ref fecked up big time on that call
    I watched it over,no way he did that on purpose.Complete accident.Should not have even been a yellow.I'm impartial aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Burkie1203 wrote: »

I'm not seeing anything wrong with that at all.

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/997848984877195264?s=19
    Zebo is pure muck there.

kerrylad1 wrote: »

I watched it over,no way he did that on purpose.Complete accident.Should not have even been a yellow.I'm impartial aswell.
    Pure accident.

Still launched himself into a head in head collision.

Still a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Says kerrylad1 from Limerick. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Doesn't matter if it's accidental. He lead with the head and made contact with the head it's a red

Clegg wrote: »
    Pure accident.

Still launched himself into a head in head collisi
    Why was he not sent off so.

• Advertisement

Accident doesn't come into it. He dived over the top of his own player and made contact with the head of an opponent. A lot of yellow/red cards in rugby are for accidents.

Ringrose is so, so good btw.

Hes always had the ability and technique to be a
    world class player, but this season he has developed into a leader as well. Cleaned up so much crap ball today and made excellent decisions. There's a chasm between himself and any other 13 in Ireland. Arnold and Scannell are decent players and played well today, but Ringrose has that bit extra that makes a good player into a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Clegg wrote: »
    Zebo is pure muck there.

Poison :eek:

Accident doesn't come into it. He dived over the top of his own player and made contact with the head of an opponent. A lot of yellow/red cards in rugby are for accidents.
    If he'd a blue Jersey on,would ye say the same.Lads I couldn't give a sh*t,I'm into running,but looking from an outsider's viewpoint,it was a complete accident,didn't even weren't a yellow,never mind a red,as some of you are calling for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

If he'd a blue Jersey on,would ye say the same.Lads I couldn't give a sh*t,I'm into running,but looking from an outsider's viewpoint,it was a complete accident,didn't even weren't a yellow,never mind a red,as some of you are calling for.

It is being pointed out that whether or not it was an accident is irrelevant. Accidental contact would be taken up in any post game hearing. Here and now he broke the rules of the game and should have been red carded.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just because something is an accident, doesn't mean it can't be penalised.

In fact, even for accidental head contact the minimum is a penalty

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Says kerrylad1 from Limerick. :D:D[/quote wish,
    You have lots of time on your hands.

Again. Accident is irrelevent. Rugby is a game where players are meant to stay on their feet. Kleyn dived off his feet and made contact with the head of an opponent. It was reckless at best. It should have been a red card. It doesn't matter if it was an accident.

I expect a citing and ban to follow.

You've yet to point out anything he's specifically done that was illegal. When you do there might be some point to going into more detail. Until then, you're just wrong. At the time I thought he was lucky in the first incident, seeing it again it was fine.

Again. Accident is irrelevent. Rugby is a game where players are meant to stay on their feet. Kleyn dived off his feet and made contact with the head of an opponent. It was reckless at best. It should have been a red card. It doesn't matter if it was an accident.

OK lads,for an outsider looking in,I couldn't give a toss,who wins a provincial game.I just taught that yellow was a joke ,a complete accident,anyway,I'm up for a 7am run,so I'm out.

OK lads,for an outsider looking in,I couldn't give a toss,who wins a provincial game.I just taught that yellow was a joke ,a complete accident,anyway,I'm up for a 7am run,so I'm out.

Running at 7am is against the rules of running.

I don't actually know the rules and I don't care about them, but from an outsider looking in I think running at that time is a joke

Burkie,thanks for that,I don't have a clue of the rules

Well for a start they are laws. And secondly you obviously haven't a clue so you shouldn't spout nonsense about something you admit you know nothing about

Well for a start they are laws. And secondly you obviously haven't a clue so you shouldn't spout nonsense about something you admit you know nothing about
    What nonsense did I spout.?please show me.

You keep making the point about it being an accident. Which is completely irrelevent. Like how many times has it been said and you countered it?

• Advertisement

You keep making the point about it being an accident. Which is completely irrelevent. Like how many times has it been said and you countered it?
    Is this not what boards is all about?education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is this not what boards is all about?education.

No, there is an Education section on boards.ie. This one, though, is about Rugby.

It helps to have some knowledge of the laws.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If you don't the rules then why did you say that was never even a yellow nevermind a red? Would you not agree that knowing the rules is essential before making statements like that? Nothing wrong with asking questions. People would have explained the rules to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Folks, (s)he made a mistake. Chill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

They didn't piss in anyone's cornflakes, they are just casually talking sh*t, no need to admonish them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Maybe don't post again here till the beer wears off..

We'll all be friends again in the morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Running at 7am is against the rules of running.

I don't actually know the rules and I don't care about them, but from an outsider looking in I think running at that time is a joke

The technical term for that is "stupid o'clock"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Who got MOTM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

degsie wrote: »
    Who got MOTM?

Lowe.

• Advertisement

Good morning guys.I apologize for insulting yer intelligence last night.As a armchair rugby fan,I still think that yellow was a complete accident,and did not deserve a yellow,never mind a red,as someone said.But as ye rugby experts pointed out.I'm wrong.I would have loved to stay up,and debated with ye,through the night,but I needed my beauty sleep,for my early morning run.Enjoy yer hangovers.

Advertisement