Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function room to hold a communion party in the Glasnevin/Dublin 9

Options
  • 14-05-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a place to hold a communion party in the Glasnevin/Dublin 9 area(on Saturday May 26th) . We'll be 40/50 people. Is there basically a restaurant with a function room for such a small group? Or any other suggestions appreciated. I thinking of Maples Hotel/Hedigans Bar/ Na Fianna sports club. We will need light meal or can bring in somebody to do catering. Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

harry999 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a place to hold a communion party in the Glasnevin/Dublin 9 area(on Saturday May 26th) . We'll be 40/50 people. Is there basically a restaurant with a function room for such a small group? Or any other suggestions appreciated. I thinking of Maples Hotel/Hedigans Bar/ Na Fianna sports club. We will need light meal or can bring in somebody to do catering. Any recommendations appreciated.

Upstairs in the Washerwomans or The Tolka House?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

I tried those - no availability - can you think of anywhere else ? Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Skylon ? , The Cat and Cage ?, cant remember if home farm has a function room. TBH it gonna be fairly hard to get anywhere on that date :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Little Venice in Santry? Though it might be already booked.

Crowne Plaza? AALSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Could try Doyles Corner/Oscars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Upstairs in Hedigan's is the right size for you if its available

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Tried all above and all booked out - any other suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Ierne on Grace Park Road?? Function room there.
    Stay away from the Addison Lodge at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

The lawn tennis club maybe ? http://glasnevintennis.com or tolka rovers. The creamore in ballygall has a room upstairs

;

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

harry999 wrote: »

We had our daughters naming day in Parnells GAA club in Coolock so a bit further but not much. Had the billiard room which holds 50 people and they did platters of food with tea and coffee station. Also have a carvery you can arrange per perso, or sandwiches. Very reasonable price and staff were excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Tolka Park

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tolka Park

Wouldn't be cooking facilities nor much room to put in catering lads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Upstairs in the Autobahn? Not sure they'd let you cater yourself, but worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

spurious wrote: »
    Upstairs in the Autobahn? Not sure they'd let you cater yourself, but worth asking.

Or the Comet possibly?

They have a function room upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Kealys on the airport road

Advertisement