Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I build a house on the road?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

zom wrote: »
    Is it really 210 sqm ?

You can measure distance on google maps by rightclicking somewhere.

According to that (don't know how accurate it is) it's nearly 30 meters from the back wall to the gate and nearly 5.5 meters across the gate.

So wouldn't seem anywhere near that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

There's no way it is for sale for 45k if it is possible to get planning permission on it. The current owner, if they have any cop on at all, will have investigated this possibility and would be charging a LOT more for the site if they thought there was any chance of building a house on it.

My guess is the owner is trying to flush out the two residents either side and pit them against one another - or else get them to pay 20k each to half it.

It is worth noting that there is a manhole for a sewer in the middle of the site and clearly some other underground services running through that back wall. Both the concrete surfacing and the back wall were removed to install an underground run and replaced after installation. This in itself would not necessarily be a planning issue but adds to the complexity of the "non-site".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Detective Testicles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you could maybe put a garage on it for use as a (non-commercial) workshop? Wouldn't be worth 45k for that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

loyatemu wrote: »
    you could maybe put a garage on it for use as a (non-commercial) workshop? Wouldn't be worth 45k for that though.

From my personal experience it is twice harder to get planning for garage (even non-commercial) than simple house. My bet is that you can't build anything there - as someone said, vendor surely checked that already with planners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You might just about fit this house on the plot, but with the man-hole cover and ESB transformer I'd say no chance of building anything decent on it.

450844.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

K.Flyer wrote: »
    You might just about fit this house on the plot, but with the man-hole cover and ESB transformer I'd say no chance of building anything decent on it.
    I'm pretty sure you'd need to knock and rebuild the walls on both sides to have the proper foundations, which the neighbours could block.

Advertisement