Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with developers solicitor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I know he won't get the money back, his solicitor knows he won't get the money back, the OP knows he won't get the money back but it doesn't stop him making a nuisance of himself all the same!

They might say they are putting it back on the market but it doesn't mean they will. If it's in Dublin they will find another buyer easily, probably Cork too - elsewhere in the country it make take a little more time so they could be bluffing. Either way if there's something seriously wrong with the property the OP should tell them where to go, even if he has wasted 2k on the house plus a load of solicitors fees in the porcess. No point throwing good money after bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

**Update**

Developers solicitors are Cnts. Just said they dont see the questions as important and the deadline remains to sign asap. My own solicitor has said that its the case that i got to sign of its good night vienna. The solicitor is even insisting on having the signed docs on their desk by the deadline, over my solicitor having them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Specialun wrote: »
    Developers solicitors are Cnts.

This is correct.

They think they have you by the balls - and honestly they probably do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Specialun wrote: »
    ...my solicitor had a number of queries on sewage, a path ownership and right of way which are still unanswered. ....

There are probably issues with these. You can assume the worse case scenario for each of them to be true. Are you happy to proceed on that basis...

You've more consumer protection on buying a toaster than a house. We complain about other countries lack of buyer protection when people buy apartments abroad. But we are no different here.

Advertisement