Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Regulation breach

Options
  • 14-05-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hello, 

I had a bank of Ireland account about twenty years ago. Three months ago I received a letter from your data protection team about the new EU rules on data. I was shocked to receive this and wrote an email straight away to your data regulation office (not sure if that's the correct term). Still haven't received a reply to that email to know why BOI still held my data and questioned how they have used it.
    Last week I received yet another letter saying now my account is no longer a student account and I will be switched to a personal current account with full fees and even sent a fee book. While this may not be such a problem now it will in a few weeks. I don't not want BOI having or using my information and have kindly asked them not to do so but I am awaiting a response. 
    I will wait if necessary until the new GDPR regulations come in to contact the data regulator. Bank has no email and when ringing cant give me information as I don't have account number so I have done everything I can.
    So what are BOI wasting there time and breach of my personal data by sending me mail?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi decky84

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you were not happy to receive the recent letter relating to GDPR.

We would be required to send the GDPR letter if are a customer with Bank of Ireland. As you've received 2 recent letters from us this would indicate you hold a bank account with us. If there are changes to a customers account we are also required to give notice of these to our customer.

For further information on why we hold or process your data please call 01 688 3674 no account number will be needed. You can also write to our Data Protection Office at Bank of Ireland, PO Box 12940, Dublin 18 or call into any nearby Branch, an Advisor will be happy to discuss further with you. Apologies, we have no direct email address for GDPR queries.

Hope the information helps.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement