Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Taytoland wrote: »
    Israel has already won. The land is being eaten up. At this rate in 50 years they will have nothing left.

They have the eternal problem of trying to have the land, but without the Palestinians on it. As time goes by, they will become even more brutal, both with the population inside the recognised borders and those in the OT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Odhinn wrote: »
    Israel has already won. The land is being eaten up. At this rate in 50 years they will have nothing left.

They have the eternal problem of trying to have the land, but without the Palestinians on it.  As time goes by, they will become even more brutal, both with the population inside the recognised borders and those in the OT.
     The Jews will still support and back them up in America so international consequences won't happen.

The Jews will still support and back them up in America so international consequences won't happen.

"The Jews" won't.
    About 80 percent of the US Jewry sees the embassy move as a dangerous step which could negatively affect America’s position as a decent mediator between Israel and the Palestinians.
    https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5259388,00.html

"The Jews" won't.
    About 80 percent of the US Jewry sees the embassy move as a dangerous step which could negatively affect America’s position as a decent mediator between Israel and the Palestinians.
    https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5259388,00.html
    Rubbish. The lobby in the US is why Israel has such support and I support Israel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Palestine refugees represent 70% of the population in Gaza and there are many refugees among the dead and injured. Including young children, for example boys and girls, students of UNRWA schools.

And because I have always refused anonymity in death and suffering, allow me to name the seven UNRWA students who were killed:

Husain, 14 years old
    Alla, 16 years old
    Mohamad, 14 years old
    Jamal, 16 years old
    Iz Al Deen, 14 years old
    Wesal, 15 years old
    Sadi Said, 16 years old

They were part of the 270,000 students in UNRWA schools in Gaza. Over 90% of whom have never left Gaza in their lives; have gone through three wars in their lives; faced multiple traumas resulting from occupation, blockade, violence and fear. 

This saddens me on a personal level.

During the facebook 'ice bucket challenge' I was challenged to do it. Instead of donating to MND I choose to contribute to a UNRWA education programme. It was only US$20 year, but I continued to donate since.

We've also a boards.ie member who was working with UNRWA at the time too, I won't post his username since he still logs in (he deleted me from facebook last year, the bollox lol).

I follow Doctor Mads Gilbert on Facebook and was shocked to hear of the killing of a young Gazan nurse earlier today.

I'm lost for words tbh

Rubbish. The lobby in the US is why Israel has such support and I support Israel.

There is a vocal right wing Jewish lobby, however they are not supported by the whole of the US Jewish diaspora.

Well, over on the RTÉ website, who has been given a column but Mark Humphrys. Quite astounding at first glance, although in fairness to RTÉ it transpires at the end that 'This article has been put forward by the Israeli Embassy in Ireland. In the interest of fairness and balance, RTÉ.ie have published a response to this opinion piece here.' Fair enough.

While I have a degree of respect for Humphrys for his Right Whale-size balls in openly using his own name for the past ten years or so online, there is so much wrong with his views in the article below. And the frighteningly Orwellian language - "the situation in the West Bank is not ideal" - is disturbing:

Boycotting Israel is a hopeless misdiagnosis of the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

This loon links to his own website to back up his article and convince us it has some credibility. Because there was nowhere arms length and independent that he could use?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well, over on the RTÉ website, who has been given a column but Mark Humphrys. Quite astounding at first glance, although in fairness to RTÉ it transpires at the end that 'This article has been put forward by the Israeli Embassy in Ireland. In the interest of fairness and balance, RTÉ.ie have published a response to this opinion piece here.' Fair enough.

While I have a degree of respect for Humphrys for his Right Whale-size balls in openly using his own name for the past ten years or so online, there is so much wrong with his views in the article below. And the frighteningly Orwellian language - "the situation in the West Bank is not ideal" - is disturbing:

Oh Mark, colonisation and land grabs are rarely 'ideal'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aiBRAGDGI3c

US is isolated on this issue.

Following the shooting in the chest and death of the 21 year old female paramedic, it appears she had been in the media a few times giving interviews.

It shows the paucity of the Israeli position when all they can come up with is yer man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because of the lobby? Not for independent thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

They have the eternal problem of trying to have the land, but without the Palestinians on it. As time goes by, they will become even more brutal, both with the population inside the recognised borders and those in the OT.
    You have got that the wrong way around.
    Hamas and the Palestinians want the Israeli land.
    And on one condition, the removal by death of all Jews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Madagascan wrote: »
    You have got that the wrong way around.
    Hamas and the Palestinians want the Israeli land.
    And on one condition, the removal by death of all Jews.

Hard to blame them:rolleyes:

Overheal wrote: »

Because of the lobby? Not for independent thought?
    I think people would be deluded if they thought Israel didn't take part in some outrageous actions but they get away with it because they have the Jewish lobby in American politics backing them up. America never turns it's back on Israel no matter what it does. It always supplies them with weapons and backs them up even if they murder any civilian protesters (not Hamas who deserve to be shot to be honest).

To ignore the Jewish influence in America over Israeli policy is to ignore the whole deep rooted issue.

• Advertisement

I think people would be deluded if they thought Israel didn't take part in some outrageous actions but they get away with it because they have the Jewish lobby in American politics backing them up. America never turns it's back on Israel no matter what it does. It always supplies them with weapons and backs them up even if they murder any civilian protesters (not Hamas who deserve to be shot to be honest).

To ignore the Jewish influence in America over Israeli policy is to ignore the whole deep rooted issue.

"they have an influential right wing jewish and pro-settler lobby" more properly - the notion that Jews are a single bloc is a fallacy. And somewhat funny.

"they have an influential right wing jewish and pro-settler lobby" more properly - the notion that Jews are a single bloc is a fallacy.  And somewhat funny.
    What ordinary Jews think in America is irrelevant. It is the Jewish political lobby which is what matters and the influence is overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

At this stage i think Israel should be completely isolated by all countries and major divestment carried out.european banks should have it on embargo lists.it is a terrorist state and should be treated as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Hard to blame them:rolleyes:

You think they are right to want to kill all jews (and any other non-Muslim)?

They don't, and its rather sad that has to be pointed out repeatedly. The Israeli state is acting illegally colonising areas outside its borders, and is therefore the aggressor.
    https://www.yesh-din.org/en/category/settlements-and-outposts/

• Advertisement

They don't

All we can go by is the very covenant/charter of Hamas which demands the annihilation of jews by jihad.

Which might as well be in the Boards.ie charter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

What ordinary Jews think in America is irrelevant. It is the Jewish political lobby which is what matters and the influence is overwhelming.

I think the Evangelists in America have a greater influence than the Jewish political groups.

In my opinion I think Israel is on a clock. The western world is becoming more atheistic which will eventually hamper their plans to expel all Palestinians from their lands.

All we can go by is the very covenant/charter of Hamas which demands the annihilation of jews by jihad.

Which might as well be in the Boards.ie charter as well.

Hamas are the minority faction, as has been pointed out numerous times on this and other threads.

Do you support israeli settlement building?

Hamas are the minority faction

Hamas & its billionaire leadership own Gaza.

Gaza is the place where all the trouble has been a brewing over the last month or so.

I didn't think this would need to be pointed out.... or perhaps you are trying to distract from the reality that Hamas make no bones about their desire to destroy the jews?

Hamas (...............) has been a brewing over the last month or so.

Of course, no "trouble" elsewhere....
    https://www.btselem.org/communities_facing_expulsion/20180527_supreme_court_greenlights_war_crime_in_khan_al_ahmar
    https://www.btselem.org/photoblog/201805_life_in_the_shadow_of_beit_el_settlement

I don't care.... few actually do.
    It's about as pertinent as asking someone if they support the millions of Arab Muslim settlements across the entire middle east over the last 1,400 years!

What is more interesting is the naked stupidity of Boardsies defending and supporting the ongoing jihadist war against Israel.

Still ongoing.... and will seemingly never end until every jew is dead (a red-letter day for Boards one presumes)

Lads, have a gander as to what your EU aid money is spent on.
    The billionaires running this jihadist army don't use their own cash.

https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/1003292298698846208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Gaza is the place where all the trouble has been a brewing over the last month or so.

I didn't think this would need to be pointed out.... or perhaps you are trying to distract from the reality that Hamas make no bones about their desire to destroy the jews?

But but but ... settlements... or something, will be the usual retort.

Look, I do not agree with settlements, nor do I agree with Hamas's wish to kill all Jews in Israel.

Hamas rule Gaza and have done for the past 12 years when they won an election. Funny how they have not had any elections since.

Hamas are a mirror image of ISIS and we all know what type of kunts they are.

It's about as pertinent as asking someone if they support the millions of Arab Muslim settlements across the entire middle east over the last 1,400 years!

A total non-sequitur.

Do you think this is justified?
    https://www.btselem.org/video/20180509_settler_violence_during_plowing_season_serves_israel#full
    What is more interesting is the naked stupidity of Boardsies defending and supporting the ongoing jihadist war against Israel.

Again - nonsense.

It's a resistance struggle against occupation.

markodaly wrote:

You might want to tell IS that, as they regard hamas & palestinians in general as apostates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

You don't care?. Fair enough, what would be the point of reading the rest of your drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

markodaly wrote: »
    But but but ... settlements... or something, will be the usual retort.

Look, I do not agree with settlements, nor do I agree with Hamas's wish to kill all Jews in Israel.

Hamas rule Gaza and have done for the past 12 years when they won an election. Funny how they have not had any elections since.

1) Hamas have never of course said that they wanted to kill all the jews in Israel. They oppose the Zionist state. Also since 2017 they have accepted the 1967 borders.

2) This is irrelevant to the killing of the medic. Its like justifying the killing of Irish doctors because of the IRA during the troubles.

3) hamas is not a revolutionary force outside Palestine. This too is in their charter.

4) Isis on the other hand are, and have attacked the West. Theres evidence of American and Israeli collusion with the enemies of Assad, who are indeed a threat to Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Judging by UN resolutions most countries do in fact care. The US is an outlier and even there the political class doesn't reflect the population.

Actually you can oppose previous imperialisms and modern imperialism. Not that it makes much sense to send all Arabs back to the Arabian peninsula. Anyway most Arabs in the Middle East and north Africa are Arab by culture, not descent.

Why? They are two middle eastern states, why should we have any loyalty to either at first blush. When we see the atrocities committed by one general morality will overcome the initial neutrality.
    Still ongoing.... and will seemingly never end until every jew is dead (a red-letter day for Boards one presumes)

Christ, put the crazed conspiracy theories and generalised ad hominem away.
    Lads, have a gander as to what your EU aid money is spent on.
    The billionaires running this jihadist army don't use their own cash.

The "billionaires running the jihadist army' sounds like some echo chamber mantra from the bottom of the Neo Conservative fever swamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Can these billionaires be named, and their spheres of influence/business interests? So we know who we are dealing with.

I think the Evangelists in America have a greater influence than the Jewish political groups.

In my opinion I think Israel is on a clock. The western world is becoming more atheistic which will eventually hamper their plans to expel all Palestinians from their lands.

Not exactly just religious, Jews are seen as the chosen people. Someone here said the banks should boycott Israel. Jewish influence is huge in the banking industry. It wouldn't be in their interests to do that. As if the Rothschilds will boycott Israel or the Rockefellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Not exactly just religious, Jews are seen as the chosen people. Someone here said the banks should boycott Israel. Jewish influence is huge in the banking industry. It wouldn't be in their interests to do that. As if the Rothschilds will boycott Israel or the Rockefellers.

Correction,
    The Jewish people see the Jews as the Chosen People!!!
    Even though certain parts of their history have proven to be either False or Incorrect.

A UN backed regime of sanctions would indeed harm them. They're terrified of BDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Maybe brother Nathanael is right..

1) Hamas have never of course said that they wanted to kill all the jews in Israel.

I have posted this before but I will post it again.
    The Day of Judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say, 'O Muslim, O servant of God, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.' Only the Gharkad tree would not do that, because it is one of the trees of the Jews
    With their money, they took control of the world media, news agencies, the press, publishing houses, broadcasting stations, and others. With their money they stirred revolutions in various parts of the world with the purpose of achieving their interests and reaping the fruit therein. They were behind the French Revolution, the Communist revolution and most of the revolutions we heard and hear about, here and there. With their money, they formed secret societies, such as Freemason, Rotary Clubs, the Lions and others in different parts of the world for the purpose of sabotaging societies and achieving Zionist interests. With their money they were able to control imperialistic countries and instigate them to colonize many countries in order to enable them to exploit their resources and spread corruption there

A great bunch of lads.

As if the Rothschilds will boycott Israel or the Rockefellers.

They are probably too busy fapping, deep in some forrest while watching two people have sex.

No. It's hard to blame them wanting Jewish deaths when they have seen so many of their own children murdered by the IDF. It's human nature surely.

Look how much the Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis and how little empathy they show now. <snip>

Mod note: Easy on the judgements there!

BTJ

• Advertisement

No. It's hard to blame them wanting Jewish deaths when they have seen so many of their own children murdered by the IDF. It's human nature surely.

Look how much the Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis and how little empathy they show now. A terrible race of people surely.

Because all Jews are the same?

Anti-Semitic nonsense.

A UN backed regime of sanctions would indeed harm them.  They're terrified of BDS.
    So here we are and nothing remotely like South Africa has happened. Face up to it Israel is moving in for the win.

markodaly wrote: »
    Because all Jews are the same?

Anti-Semitic nonsense.

Amazing how silent the rest are then.
    Do you know the meaning of anti-Semitic at all?

So here we are and nothing remotely like South Africa has happened. Face up to it Israel is moving in for the win.

It took the boycott movement decades to build up support, I expect no different in this case.

It took the boycott movement decades to build up support, I expect no different in this case.

Uhm, they've already had several decades to build up support in this case too. How many more decades do you think anyone is going to wait?
    The sad fact of the matter is that the people expected to participate in any such boycott, ie western consumers, simply don't feel the same level of sympathy or revulsion that they did towards apartheid in the 70's and 80's.

Why not? Well, someone else can go down that road, I can't be bothered anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Uhm, they've already had several decades to build up support in this case too.

No they haven't, the BDS movement is 13 years old, and the Israeli government are already feeling the effects. It's costing them tens of millions per year and growing year on year. Their universities have lost dozens of collaboration projects with world class STEM institutions, their exports are hurting, tourism is suffering. They have tried throwing millions at propaganda and are failing miserably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It is interesting how the US government (regardless of party) keeps bending over for the utterly insane 'Israel lobby' which is essentially a terror state at this point, when (for the most part!) the Jewish population of the US is probably one of their most logical, moderate and pragmatic demographics in general.

Uhm, they've already had several decades to build up support in this case too. How many more decades do you think anyone is going to wait?
    The sad fact of the matter is that the people expected to participate in any such boycott, ie western consumers, simply don't feel the same level of sympathy or revulsion that they did towards apartheid in the 70's and 80's.

Why not? Well, someone else can go down that road, I can't be bothered anymore.

In time. I'm seeing slow steady progress over the last two decades.

The occupation is every bit as brutal as apartheid, and is actually getting worse as time goes on.

In time. I'm seeing slow steady progress over the last two decades.

The occupation is every bit as brutal as apartheid, and is actually getting worse as time goes on.

Be careful or they'll be calling you anti-Semitic.
    It's what they do when they are left without logical answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Look how much the Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis and how little empathy they show now. A terrible race of people surely.

Not a terrible race, no. Most Jewish people are absolutely fine, and also have a good charm and wit to them in my experience. Israel however is a whole different matter, conflating that terrorist state to all Jews is quite similar to conflating all Muslims and jihadists as one. Which to no surprise is the type of thing you'd expect of a number of pro-Israel posters in here.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not a terrible race, no. Most Jewish people are absolutely fine, and also have a good charm and wit to them in my experience. Israel however is a whole different matter, conflating that terrorist state to all Jews is quite similar to conflating all Muslims and jihadists as one. Which to no surprise is the type of thing you'd expect of a number of pro-Israel posters in here.

They are a very silent majority.

• Advertisement
Advertisement