Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New toilets in Cahir. A godawful sight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Absolutely brutal but no more than I would expect from the council. Cahir is a lovely little town but with a coterie of local authority gob****es in control. Whatever happened to the Gerry O'Looney's bar on Church Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Absolutely brutal but no more than I would expect from the council. Cahir is a lovely little town but with a coterie of local authority gob****es in control. Whatever happened to the Gerry O'Looney's bar on Church Street?

Still there, known as The Granary. I think ti's far enough away from the toilets to keep some dignity.

Oh. I'm told it's 40c to use the toilet. Not 50. Not 20. Don't know if that's actually true, but you'll have to hold on till you have 2x20c in your pocket to enjoy Jean Luc Picards shuttle toilet if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

I'd be too uncomfortable to take a dump, I'd be looking around furtively in case bin laden launched himself from out of the depths of the cave

EDIT - actually if I took a dump on the floor and kicked it outside it'd probably look better than the jacks!!

iPhone. wrote: »
    I'd be too uncomfortable to take a dump, I'd be looking around furtively in case bin laden launched himself from out of the depths of the cave

EDIT - actually if I took a dump on the floor and kicked it outside it'd probably look better than the jacks!!

Lol. And I thought I didn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

They've been taking the proverbial with how long its taking to finish. Feels like they've been at it for 6 months at this stage.

This... it’s taking a ridiculously long time to build them. I’d say the castle came together quicker than that monstrosity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It will cost 40c for a pee when it's open.

jlm29 wrote: »
    This... it’s taking a ridiculously long time to build them. I’d say the castle came together quicker than that monstrosity

Cahir%20Toilets.jpg?itok=pLUMbjmf

From the page on the Tipperary county council site that the pic is from;

" Construction work on the new facility is progressing well and expected to be completed early next year."

That was on November 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,561 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

tippspur wrote: »
    It will cost 40c for a pee when it's open.

So they are starting to charge to go for a piss now? Bunch of goofs.

Granted I haven't used those toilets in about 15 years, but that kind of stuff annoys me big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Sorta looks like the aftermath of a container truck crash! :eek:

anyone know how much it cost??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

While I don't like it and it won't age well, people are always resistant to anything new or different.

It's that spirit to try different things that has created the world's great designs.. For every masterpiece/inspiration their will be countless blobs of sh1te and everything in between.

Reminds me of Thomond College, which hasn't a right angle in it and one some award of other in the 1970's (it may have been taken off them after as it was built the wrong way around or so I was lead to believe)

I'll just leave this here
    https://www.vox.com/2015/3/31/8314115/when-the-eiffel-tower-opened-to-the-public

I think the old toilets did need replacing. But not with something that sits in opposition to everything else in a Heritage Town. That building has it's place somewhere, but not alongside a more than 1000 year old building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I think the old toilets did need replacing. But not with something that sits in opposition to everything else in a Heritage Town. That building has it's place somewhere, but not alongside a more than 1000 year old building.

Its fairly common with architects, in my very limited experience, that were their is dominant old building rather than try to ape it they contrast it would something supermodern/different. Its common enough when extending an old house for example.

Fake old could have looked even worse.

As Glen Hoddle said after some Coventry lad kicked him around Wembley in a FA Cup final; "it's easier destroy a picture than paint one"!

ford2600 wrote: »

Fake old could have looked even worse.

It would want to have been really terrible to be worse than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

It will become famous for people to come and see what a disaster can be made of constructing a simple public toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

It's a s**t design for a public toilet......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Maybe the design is to distract peolpe from asking about what it has cost? Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭Odelay

Maybe the design is to distract peolpe from asking about what it has cost? Oh well.

I don't think it will cost too much. They should have some change out of €2m.

Just looking at it at the weekend. It is supposed to be in the design of The Titanic by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's like a piece of alien spacecraft that fell off or a screwed up attempt at Origami.
    Awful thing.

Did Stevie Wonder design it?

• Advertisement

Jeepers, I usually take the bypass when I’m going to work, but I went through Cahir today. It’s worse looking they’re getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Has it been nominated for this years RIAI Awards? The public award category should best suit it.

Lads,if the bowel or bladder were full to the brim,and the head was down,shoulders hunched,as you rushed to the comfort break.ye wouldnt care what shape ,make ,or colour the jax was..

Lads,if the bowel or bladder were full to the brim,and the head was down,shoulders hunched,as you rushed to the comfort break.ye wouldnt care what shape ,make ,or colour the jax was..

Exactly. It’s probably cost three times more than it needed to, for a building that just needs to be clean and functional.

You shouldn't need that to be the criteria for that building being the reason to exist.

Toilets up and running.. 40cent as mentioned earlier is the price.. Cheeky fúcks

Should we, slip off the motorway to go and have, a dump experience, in Cahir.
    A tourism destination.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Toilets up and running.. 40cent as mentioned earlier is the price.. Cheeky fúcks

40 cent..Thats taking the p**s......

They should have gone for 50 cent charge and then got him to do the official opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Advertisement