Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Rocksteady Tease Superman?

Options
  • 15-05-2018 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this -- I searched "Rocksteady" into the search bar and found no new posts regarding it, so here is the screenshot.

Da2rjR6l.png?1

A lot of people in the replies have been saying that because "..." is "S" in morse code, it could tease Superman as their next I.P.

Probably looking too deep into it but I wouldn't put it past any developer/publisher to be this cryptic with their Tweets. Again, it could be a coincidence.

Personally I think it's time a decent Superman game came into existence. There has been little, if any, good ones. And I'd be more inclined to play it especially if Rocksteady develop it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's also an ellipsis that could be taken to mean more to come soon! Like at E3 :)

Personally, I hope it's Superman, as Rocksteady would do it justice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's never been a good Superman game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doesn't seem like anything.

450806.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yeah I said that. I was saying Rocksteady would be the dev I would trust to make a decent one because there has not really been any.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

... is just empty air. If you're using morse to translate that to S and hence to superman you belong in the conspiracy theory forum :P

• Advertisement

... is just empty air. If you're using morse to translate that to S and hence to superman you belong in the conspiracy theory forum :P

I wasn't using it. I was saying other people in the replies to the tweet were.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe a game where you get to fly through rings and then you get loot boxes to get different coloured capes

With the further context of the hipsters making craft beer, I'm going to say it's sweet FA too.

Sorry OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

My god, people have an awful lot of time on their hands to be thinking that deeply about an elipsis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My god, people have an awful lot of time on their hands to be thinking that deeply about an elipsis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hmm, ... means an omission of information so if you're saying '...' to me that means you are omitting information or that you want information omitted… Wait a minute, are you telling me to fúck off!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have this up in the attic at home!!
    It begs to differ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mother of god you'd have been driven demented as a parent listening to your kids playing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Always thought he'd be too overpowered a character to do a good game with plus the game world would be a challenge.

If they're going open-world, Superman flies from point A to point B superfast, how do build a game world around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    Always thought he'd be too overpowered a character to do a good game with plus the game world would be a challenge.

If they're going open-world, Superman flies from point A to point B superfast, how do build a game world around that?

Yeah I'd be wondering the same myself. Only thing I could think of is something Kryptonite-related happens at the start of the game for story reasons and it weakens Superman enough to be weaker and vulnerable, but still have a toned-down version of his abilities.

But then if you're doing that, what's the point in making a Superman game?

J. Marston wrote: »

Megaton Rainfall would be pretty close to what they are trying to get at.
    Make it 3rd person instead of 1st and put a superman suit on the player model :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaton_Rainfall

http://megatonrainfall.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that game has VR written all over it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be wondering the same myself. Only thing I could think of is something Kryptonite-related happens at the start of the game for story reasons and it weakens Superman enough to be weaker and vulnerable, but still have a toned-down version of his abilities.

But then if you're doing that, what's the point in making a Superman game?

I don't know, it's not as if it doesn't have precedent in the comics and stuff.

It could work as a Crackdown style game, where you're weak as a kitten to start with, slowly become more powerful over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whether it's nothing or something, still a nice discussion point. Superman was hinted at in Arkham Knight when a flash across the sky in a trailer was thought to be Supes.....or a lens flare. Superman lore already features in Arkham Knight and he is mentioned by chatting goons so he could fit straight into the RS universe. Saying that, I agree with the above, Superman is too powerful, too fast, and well....too lame. Rocksteady have done great stuff but I'd be skeptical of a Superman game. Pity they weren't in charge of the upcoming Avengers game.

I concur. Stupid conspiracy or not regarding the ellipsis I don't think it's fair to rule it out either.

• Advertisement

Nerds...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wish Boards had downvote buttons so I could bury this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I wish Boards had downvote buttons so I could bury this thread.

Bump

Why so grumpy lads lol

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Could be an interesting dynamic if him being overpowered had consequences. Like a reputation mechanic if you threw a car during a fight and injured bystanders you could loose support from other heroes etc...

I'd be fairly optimistic.

I'm closing this. Everytime I see it bumped I lose more faith in humanity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement