Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are EIR chat representatives so abrupt and ignorant?

Options
  • 15-05-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi, I have been chatting to two EIR reps on your website trying to get a website where I can download your price list for calls.

The first person gave me a link to a website but when I tried to open the link I just got a blank page. I immediately went back and chatted to another rep who did not realise that I am 72 years old and so not very quick on the keyboard. He sent a message asking Are you still there while I was typing a message that I had found why I was getting a blank page. By the time I had sent the message, he had signed off the chat.

This is now the second time I have had the same problem with EIR reps in the chat room. Very ignorant, I find.

For anyone else trying to access the EIR price list web pages, it does not work in Mozilla Firefox web browser but does in Microsoft Edge. Can EIR not get their heads together and produce a website that works in ALL browsers. My default browser is Firefox.

Unfortunately, I was unable to copy the chat as I was unable to find a way of doing so.

However, I now edit this post for the following reason:
    Having checked the linked pdf file, I does not give the information I require - I wanted to know the price of a call to an 0818 number (and other such numbers) on my month to month contract (free calls to all mobiles + 15 gig of data @ €15 per month for six months.

Now a very Unhappy EIR customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi, I have been chatting to two EIR reps on your website trying to get a website where I can download your price list for calls.

The first person gave me a link to a website but when I tried to open the link I just got a blank page. I immediately went back and chatted to another rep who did not realise that I am 72 years old and so not very quick on the keyboard. He sent a message asking Are you still there while I was typing a message that I had found why I was getting a blank page. By the time I had sent the message, he had signed off the chat.

This is now the second time I have had the same problem with EIR reps in the chat room. Very ignorant, I find.

For anyone else trying to access the EIR price list web pages, it does not work in Mozilla Firefox web browser but does in Microsoft Edge. Can EIR not get their heads together and produce a website that works in ALL browsers. My default browser is Firefox.

Unfortunately, I was unable to copy the chat as I was unable to find a way of doing so.

Having checked the linked pdf file, I does not give the information I require - I wanted to know the price of a call to an 0818 number (and other such numbers) on my month to month contract (free calls to all mobiles + 15 gig of data @ €15 per month for six months.

Hi campingcarist, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the bad experience you have had with our webchat team. I understand this is frustrating. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the relevant team for you. 

You can view the pricing list for a 0818 call from landline and mobile below - 
    Landline  - https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part2.1.pdf (page 4)
    Mobile  - https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/pt12.2.pdf (page 4)

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Hi campingcarist, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the bad experience you have had with our webchat team. I understand this is frustrating. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the relevant team for you. 

Landline  - https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part2.1.pdf (page 4)
    Mobile  - https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/pt12.2.pdf (page 4)

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you very much, Tracey.

However, for both links I get the following (using Microsoft Edge):

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at www.eir.ie Port 443.

Not very promising.

Hi campingcarist, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you very much, Tracey.

However, for both links I get the following (using Microsoft Edge):

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at www.eir.ie Port 443.

Not very promising.
    No problem, I'm sorry to hear this. 

The links are definitely working, I've opened them in Chrome and Firefox here. 

Can you try clearing all your browser history, cache and cookies closing the browser down and opening again? These should work ok for you then. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

It's a downloadable PDF file.
    When you go to the page your browser will autodownload the pdf
    Do you have Adobe or Apache pdf reader
    Do you get a popup saying a file is trying to download onto your computer click yes to continue you can then open the pdf if you have a pdf reader installed
    If there's a pdf reader it will open automatically
    And I'd recommend downloading chrome browser if your still having issues.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

babi-hrse wrote: »
    Do you get a popup saying a file is trying to download onto your computer click yes to continue you can then open the pdf if you have a pdf reader installed

Firefox will display PDF’s just fine. However there must be an issue with the OP’s installation.

Check that Firefox is up to date by clicking Help>about. The current version is 60.

You can refresh the browser by following these instructions:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-preferences-fix-problems

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    babi-hrse wrote: »

Firefox will display PDF’s just fine. However there must be an issue with the OP’s installation.

Check that Firefox is up to date by clicking Help>about. The current version is 60.

You can refresh the browser by following these instructions:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-preferences-fix-problems
    There was no issue with my installation (actually I use PDF-Viewer for my pdf files). I have subsequently been able to download the Price pdf so there must have been a temporary fault with the EIR web page.

However, EIR website seems to still have a fault. I have just received notification by email that my first bill is available. I log into mt EIR account and see a large circle with the bill value. To the left of this there is a 'link'
    VIEW BILL. On clicking on this I get sent to another page (or to the bottom of the page as it has a black background with several lists headed "Our Products, Support, Our Websites, eir Group and Join the conversations". I cannot get out of this page (or part of page. The arrowhead (Back to Top) just brings me to headings: My EIR,  Dashboard, My Bills, Payment, My Profile, More and Support.

Of the above headings, only More and Support will bring me anywhere. I cannot access Dashboard, My bills, payment, nor my Profile.

Now, don't tell me I haven't installed something correctly. Although I am not quick on the keyboard, I have been using computers since the days of DOS 3.1 which, I am sure most of you don't know - you're far too young.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There was no issue with my installation (actually I use PDF-Viewer for my pdf files). I have subsequently been able to download the Price pdf so there must have been a temporary fault with the EIR web page.

However, EIR website seems to still have a fault. I have just received notification by email that my first bill is available. I log into mt EIR account and see a large circle with the bill value. To the left of this there is a 'link'
    VIEW BILL. On clicking on this I get sent to another page (or to the bottom of the page as it has a black background with several lists headed "Our Products, Support, Our Websites, eir Group and Join the conversations". I cannot get out of this page (or part of page. The arrowhead (Back to Top) just brings me to headings: My EIR,  Dashboard, My Bills, Payment, My Profile, More and Support.

Of the above headings, only More and Support will bring me anywhere. I cannot access Dashboard, My bills, payment, nor my Profile.

Now, don't tell me I haven't installed something correctly. Although I am not quick on the keyboard, I have been using computers since the days of DOS 3.1 which, I am sure most of you don't know - you're far too young.

I’m not telling you that *you’ve* installed something incorrectly. Unlike 3.1, browsers are complicated fussy beasts that are well capable of messing themselves up. That’s why they have the ability to reset themselves.

I’ve just checked my.eir.ie on Firefox with win10 and not seeing any large circle with a bill value. There’s a tile on the top right with Pay Now and View Bill buttons. Clicking the latter gives me a table with sections ‘At a Glance’, ‘Charges Breakdown’ and ‘All usage’.

So the question remains, there may be an issue with your browser that is not your fault and simply a software bug. Please attempt the refresh.

This what the old eir mobile site looked like:
    S36rZFh0KmyAThe7AAE-2Xa-gTs98.jpeg
    Is this similar to what you see on desktop? If so I helps confirm that your browser is loading a cached copy.

I replied to this yesterday but the posy seems to have got lost.

I solved the viewing my bill problem by deleting my cache, history et al.

Everything now working OK (for the moment).

Thanks.

I replied to this yesterday but the posy seems to have got lost.

I solved the viewing my bill problem by deleting my cache, history et al.

Everything now working OK (for the moment).

Thanks.
    No problem, I'm delighted to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

What happens when they are tired in Bangalore.....another of the myriad of problems with outsourcing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

What happens when they are tired in Bangalore.....another of the myriad of problems with outsourcing.
    Hi theyoungchap ,

If you are experiencing any issues please feel free to forward on the details to me in a PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement