Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Process for Upgrading CI license

Options
  • 15-05-2018 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just earned enough points to be upgraded to A3. I was kind of waiting for something to happen as cycling ireland maintain rider rankings, but today i read in the technical rules manual this:

"Upon reaching the necessary points for upgrading, the riders will submit their licence and number to
    Cycling Ireland for re-issue with their new category."

How do I go about this? Can i do it online or must I post in my A4 license card and number?

How does this effect racing? I'm signed up already for the A4 Hilltown GP on Saturday since a few weeks ago. Id like to race it but at A3, of course (if possible). Can I turn up on the day with no number and license?

Thanks for info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Political Wall Map

Chumpski wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just earned enough points to be upgraded to A3. I was kind of waiting for something to happen as cycling ireland maintain rider rankings, but today i read in the technical rules manual this:

"Upon reaching the necessary points for upgrading, the riders will submit their licence and number to
    Cycling Ireland for re-issue with their new category."

How do I go about this? Can i do it online or must I post in my A4 license card and number?

How does this effect racing? I'm signed up already for the A4 Hilltown GP on Saturday since a few weeks ago. Id like to race it but at A3, of course (if possible). Can I turn up on the day with no number and license?

Thanks for info.

They should email you and let you know you have been upgraded. Takes a week or so for new licence and number to arrive.

Until then i would mail the lads at the race on sunday and let them know you might be upgraded to save your place in the A3 race.

Use your old licence and number on Sunday and just inform the commisaire and sign on guys.

Should be no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Same thing happened to me the other week (humblebrag). You'll get an email in a couple of days regarding it once your points are processed, from my experience it took 4 working days to get the email. No sign of new numbers just yet but it's only been a week.

Advertisement