Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-Sync and Freesync monitor/GPU question

Options
  • 15-05-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭

So, I can't get an answer to this from any reviews I've seen so I thought I'd pick your brains:

I currently have three identical monitors that are 60Hz but I'm looking to replace my centre monitor with something a bit bigger, mainly for gaming. 4K is very low down my list of priority as making out detail is the reason I want a bigger monitor in the first place. What I do notice, however, is refresh rate.
    So, the question: Will either an Nvidia or AMD card allow me to use a G-Sync/Freesync monitor in the centre while outputting to 60Hz monitors at the same time or will the card only give me a choice of either fixed or variable refresh rates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SmaRkieS

It depends on the monitor, if your monitor can support G-Sync/Freesync then you can enable that on the monitor settings. The rest of the monitor it will set to default.

Advertisement