Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer/Lamb Of God/Anthrax and Obituary- Nov 1st 3arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Surprised no other posts here :D

Cant wait, got my presale standing. Gonna be epic.Looking forward to seeing Anthrax too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There's a thread in the rock and Metal forum and some chatter in the gigs thread there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going for Anthrax myself never seen them Live. I'm fact never saw any of the band's playing in November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Im fresh for Slayer and Anthrax, saw LOG with Megadeth few years ago. Gonna be some gig!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Tickets sorted.

Seen them all before but lookin forward to Nov....:)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No Testament? For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

the_syco wrote: »
    No Testament? For shame!
    Yup not one of them will top the Testament Easter show (excluding solo breaks obvs :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yup not one of them will top the Testament Easter show (excluding solo breaks obvs :pac: )
    You'll hate me for this, but this is Tuesdays lineup here; Slayer, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, Testament.

Hammerfall are playing the same day, and I have a ticket for it, but when I saw the lineup with Slayer, I bought a ticket. Unfortunately I'm a bit far back, so not in the pit (the pit was pricey!).

Doors now open at 5.30pm so possibly longer sets for support bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'll be going for Lamb of God, hopefully they have a decent set time. Won't stick around for Slayer but would like to see the support bands. Ended up missing Children of Bodom and missed their intro to their co-headline gig with Megadeth. Raging, their Olympia gig is the best gig I've been to.

I need to convince the people I'm going with the get there early, I'd like to see the support bands. Don't want to just show up for LoG and leave, especially since they're on the pricier side for a metal gig.

• Advertisement

Going mainly for Anthrax but will deff catch everyone else on the bill even though not a huge fan of LOG or Slayer

Never heard of Obituary

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'll be going for Lamb of God, hopefully they have a decent set time. Won't stick around for Slayer but would like to see the support bands. Ended up missing Children of Bodom and missed their intro to their co-headline gig with Megadeth. Raging, their Olympia gig is the best gig I've been to.

I need to convince the people I'm going with the get there early, I'd like to see the support bands. Don't want to just show up for LoG and leave, especially since they're on the pricier side for a metal gig.

Why wouldn't you stick around for Slayer. When they are on form they are one of the best live bands out there. Given it could well be the last time they play here imo you'd be mad to miss em.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going mainly for Anthrax but will deff catch everyone else on the bill even though not a huge fan of LOG or Slayer

Never heard of Obituary

Obituary are old school death metal. I saw them on the deathcrusher tour a few years ago. Had zero expectations and they stole the show for me, they are blistering.

Why wouldn't you stick around for Slayer. When they are on form they are one of the best live bands out there. Given it could well be the last time they play here imo you'd be mad to miss em.

None of us are fans of Slayer. We're going to stick around for a few songs, I suppose if we like it we'll stick around. Haven't been to many gigs this year so would like to see as much of the night as possible but friends are in work so I'll likely miss the opening band and possibly leave early to get home...

Obituary are old school death metal. I saw them on the deathcrusher tour a few years ago. Had zero expectations and they stole the show for me, they are blistering.

I reckon ear plugs will be a good idea for us all going in early for all the band's

I throw in some earbud headphones, seems to do the job as I don't have any noticeable ringing.

Definitely needed at any gig! I don't go to enough gigs to buy dedicated in ear protection though.

I find when the main act comes on sometimes they crank the volume.

I throw in some earbud headphones, seems to do the job as I don't have any noticeable ringing.

Definitely needed at any gig! I don't go to enough gigs to buy dedicated in ear protection though.

I find when the main act comes on sometimes they crank the volume.

I bought the ones TM offer you and I find they take away from the sound quality a bit and are hard to get used too

Some gigs I don't get any ear problems from and some they would feel numb/sensitive for a few hours go but back to normal after a while.

I ended up going to ministry in the tiviloi and my god I felt deaf for days after. Cure in Manchester was another pretty loud show

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I reckon ear plugs will be a good idea for us all going in early for all the band's

I'm seated so should be far enough back from the stage to not get too much after effects. The worst I've had was after machine head in the Olympia. I was near the front for it and my ears were goosed for two or 3 days after it.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'm seated so should be far enough back from the stage to not get too much after effects. The worst I've had was after machine head in the Olympia. I was near the front for it and my ears were goosed for two or 3 days after it.

I'm heading up to this as well and we got seats, I'm too old for the pit these days.
    Last time I saw slayer was 1994 in the SFX and I think it permanently damaged my hearing :D but it was brilliant, machine head supported.
    Think it's time to buy some ear plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 6 red1977

Have two tickets together (seating) if anyone is looking for tickets.

Can't make it now unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

I've a spare standing ticket if anyone needs one, face value €65?

Any good docs of any of the band's on the lineup too watch ???

Saw Anthrax behind the music, pretty odd history with the frontmen changing so many times

As the Palaces Burn is a good one for Lamb of God. Originally started out as a documentary about the fans around the world especially in some of the more developing countries but it transitions into Randy Blythe's court case about being charged with manslaughter/murder for pushing a fan off the stage, if I remember they basically ambushed him getting off a flight 2 years later when there for a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Have we to produce the card used for booking to gain entry, or am i mixing this up with another gig? Any stage times announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Have we to produce the card used for booking to gain entry, or am i mixing this up with another gig? Any stage times announced?

Was this ever truly enforced, I collected a ticket at the 3arena box office a couple of year's ago without the card, staff weren't too happy, made me sign something, but I still got it?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Was this ever truly enforced, I collected a ticket at the 3arena box office a couple of year's ago without the card, staff weren't too happy, made me sign something, but I still got it?

For Iron Maiden last year you had to produce the card you used for your purchase. Good idea in theory, but slow to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

For Iron Maiden last year you had to produce the card you used for your purchase. Good idea in theory, but slow to get in.

remember that alright, was it really enforced, and has it been since?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Never noticed it before but Randy Blythe kind of reminds me of Andy Dick :pac:

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    remember that alright, was it really enforced, and has it been since?

Definitely was enforced while we were queuing/entering. Not sure after this, I'd say they would have had to relax a bit in order to get everyone in on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Thinking of going. Saw log in 12 and 13. Only seats for sale on ticketmaster, might try it for a change never sat at a gig. Buying standing tickets of others could be dodge by the sounds of it?

Advertisement