Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer/Lamb Of God/Anthrax and Obituary- Nov 1st 3arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Thinking of going. Saw log in 12 and 13. Only seats for sale on ticketmaster, might try it for a change never sat at a gig. Buying standing tickets of others could be dodge by the sounds of it?

ah im done with standing at gigs, joys of getting older, sitting isnt too bad in the 3arena, just different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ah im done with standing at gigs, joys of getting older, sitting isnt too bad in the 3arena, just different

I was at John Fogerty the other night and was seated, view was tip top. My seat for Slayer is virtually the same position wise aside from I was in E for JF and am in D for Slayer. Looking forward to it. Have to get out of work early so as to avoid missing Obituary. Anthrax will be the piss / food break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Any stage times floating around yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

mloc123 wrote: »
    Any stage times floating around yet?
    This is the one i've seen.

Doors: 17:30
    OBITUARY: 18:30 - 19:00 {30 mins}
    ANTHRAX: 19:20 - 20:00 {40 mins}
    LAMB OF GOD: 20:25 - 21:10 {45 mins}
    SLAYER: 21:35 - 23:05 {90 mins}

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would have liked it to be more even between LoG and Slayer :(

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Would have liked it to be more even between LoG and Slayer :(

I understand it's not a co-headline tour like their Megadeth gig, but 45 minutes for a band like LoG isn't a lot. Should be an hour :(

Is it usually an hour before the first act comes on though? Seems a waste of time to open doors that early when there's so many bands and time is tight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really looking forward to Thursday, especially Obituary. Their performance in Vicar Street a few years ago was incredible. I am just a bit concerned will Obituary's sound be as good in the Three Arena, compared to the smaller more intimate venues.

Looking forward to Slayer too, seen them a few times already.

I like some of Anthrax's earlier stuff but haven't listened to them in years, hopefully they will be good and will play some of their classic material.

I've never really gotten into Lamb Of God but will be good to see them again.

Degag wrote: »

LOG on at the slightly earlier time of 20.20 according to an email i've gotten.

Will probably miss the start of this. Should there be any issue in getting a taxi there at around 7pm? Would traffic have quietened at that stage?

Will probably miss the start of this. Should there be any issue in getting a taxi there at around 7pm? Would traffic have quietened at that stage?

It's a Thursday so I'd expect traffic to be heavy on the quays but depends on what direction you're coming from I guess. I got the 151 in for Muse and got stuck on the quays past the convention center due to the lack of bus lanes in parts.

Drove in for Kevin Hart and around Bord Gais was stop and go due to rush hour traffic but approaching the car park side at the back was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope Eddie rocketts by the 3arena is not busy cause I want food before the gig ha

Getting the 1pm bus up from Waterford so should have plenty of time before doors open

• Advertisement

You are much better getting the luas. If you can get to O'Connell st easily you can catch it from abbey st and it will literally drop you outside the arena. Traffic on a normal evening is a bastard around that area, throw an event into the mix and it's a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 del959

Heading up from Cork most probably on my todd so if any one is interested in meeting up for a drink or two beforehand give us a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Anyone know roughly what time the gig will end? Trying to arrange buses etc. I'd hate to miss too much of Slayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

chewed wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly what time the gig will end? Trying to arrange buses etc. I'd hate to miss too much of Slayer!

23:05

psychozeb wrote: »
    23:05

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm trying to organize parking so would appreciate any help.

I want to book the Euro Car Park (at the Gibson) but this ticket says it allows entrance from 6pm onwards.

I'll be arriving around the 4ish mark so how do I do this? Obviously not going to miss Obituary.

Do I proceed to buy the online ticket, on arrival get another ticket and then on exit pay the other ticket and submit both to get out?

Alternatively, are there other 'outdoor' car parks that would allow easier access and exit? Will be traveling from the west.

Can't f*cking wait.

I want to book the Euro Car Park (at the Gibson) but this ticket says it allows entrance from 6pm onwards.

I'll be arriving around the 4ish mark so how do I do this? Obviously not going to miss Obituary.

Do I proceed to buy the online ticket, on arrival get another ticket and then on exit pay the other ticket and submit both to get out?

Alternatively, are there other 'outdoor' car parks that would allow easier access and exit? Will be traveling from the west.

Can't f*cking wait.

Not sure how the Gibson car park works, but there's also parking in the Grand Canal hotel - https://www.grandcanalhotel.ie/en/car-parking/?r=4221117&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvqippd2w3gIVDJ3tCh3WXQO5EAAYASAAEgJMVvD_BwE. €15 for a day. I stayed at the hotel last week and parking was easy with loads of spaces. It's about a 20min walk to 3Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Can't f*cking wait.

To answer my own question, in case anyone is wondering.

I rang EuroCarParks. The online ticket is for approximately 6 hours so if arriving earlier than 6 press the 'help' button at the barrier, one of them then allows you in. On leaving, pay the excess at the machine before leaving the car park.

Rock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Got a seated ticket. Heading in around 8. No interest in first 2 bands. Know all the log songs, only really know disciple, seasons and raining blood from slayer. See they havent been playing world painted blood or bloodline recently :( . Looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Will the luas still be going after the gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Will the luas still be going after the gig?

Yes last one around 12:40, there will be queues for it immediately after show ends unsurprisingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Is there still no coat check at the 3 arena? I was there for chemical brothers Monday and was sure there was not. It’s a balls minding a jacket all night and fookin freezing after so you need one. Be great to get rid of it for tomorrow.

Getting the 23.45 bus back and hopefully I won't have to leave the gig early to get too bus aras

Prob better off walking than waiting on the Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Getting the 23.45 bus back and hopefully I won't have to leave the gig early to get too bus aras

Prob better off walking than waiting on the Luas

Wish I had that leeway my bus is 2330 from the quays can make it walking as long as gone by 2300 with a few mins to spare. If feeling lazy those rickshaws that hang at entrance 1 which I thought were banned will drop ya for about a tenner.

I'll be leaving when the final song starts. I've to get a luas as far as blackhorse where I'm parking my car so if I don't get put earlier you could end up queing for an hour to get one which would mean it would be after 1 before I'd get home. Did the same for Fogerty and caught it no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If anybody has a ticket they're looking to get rid off let me know, nó crazy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Person I'm going with injured their leg at the weekend, so standing for 4-5 hours may not be ideal. Anyone know who to contact (Ticketmaster / 3Arena) to see if there's any possibility of swapping my standing tickets for 2 seats?

EDIT: Managed to track down a webform. They got back to me pretty quickly initially to say that they had seated tickets available (although some steps to seats). Now in a bit of limbo as I wait for confirmation of ticket swap...

🤪

I'll be leaving when the final song starts. I've to get a luas as far as blackhorse where I'm parking my car so if I don't get put earlier you could end up queing for an hour to get one which would mean it would be after 1 before I'd get home. Did the same for Fogerty and caught it no hassle.
    Hour queues? Ahhh man

You could just leave after the encore and beat the queues. You'll miss one or two songs but they'll still have done the "thanks for coming out" part of the show. At least that's my experience anyway.

• Advertisement

On route to Dublin now

Looking forward to this

Advertisement