Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer/Lamb Of God/Anthrax and Obituary- Nov 1st 3arena

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'm on the bus Limerick to Dublin, a shout of "Slaaaaayyyyyyyyeerrrr" would probably get 50% join in rate from other passengers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

I’ve got a spare standing ticket if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lekrub wrote: »
    I’ve got a spare standing ticket if anyone interested.
    How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

proper old school with Obituary on the bill.
    Would have preferred Anthrax be given more time over LoG. Never got into them.
    After Metallica in Slane next year my young lad will have seen the Big 4 before he's 13 :)
    Not too shabby

Hey scudzilla €65

• Advertisement

Lekrub wrote: »
    Hey scudzilla €65

Good luck with the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Few lads around completely out of it already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Young lads?

D.Q wrote: »
    Young lads?

Ones I saw where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

PTH2009 wrote: »

Par for the course tbh. Unfortunately I'm gonna miss Obituary as I couldn't get out of work early. PITA but hopefully Slayer and LOG make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

scudzilla wrote: »
    Good luck with the sale

Are you wanting it for free or is tgere something Im missing?

I’m in the green room bar if anyone wants the ticket anyway. It’s right next to the 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Probably that it would be cheaper as it would be harder to shift closer to the gig.

Should be a great one anyway; devastated to be missing it.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Probably that it would be cheaper as it would be harder to shift closer to the gig.

Should be a great one anyway; devastated to be missing it.

2hrs before doors open, not fussed about going, if it was around €30 I'd have it, but sure, better for seller to have an unused ticket in pocket at end of night :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2hrs before doors open, not fussed about going, if it was around €30 I'd have it, but sure, better for seller to have an unused ticket in pocket at end of night :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tight.

Id keep it in my pocket. Too tight to pay, stay at home.

****ing hell Obituary were loud and there flashing lights was a bit sore on the eye but not bad

Time for another 330ml Coors costing €6.50😣😣

Tight.
    Id keep it in my pocket. Too tight to pay, stay at home.

Not really, only interested in Slayer and IMO they're not worth the guts of €80 (parking/petrol incl.), not forcing anyone to sell just asked the price

Really enjoyed Anthrax

Have to laugh people queuing for the ages at the bars outside the seating areas but just take a short walk down the steps and the bars down there are really quite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Hit with FOMO reading the thread during the day, came down a short while ago, no touts, then the Halloween Fairy arrives and hands me a free ticket!

LOG just finishing up now, brilliamt atmosphere and crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Back now, left after LoG. Spent the Anthrax set getting merch and a few casual drinks but what I heard was good and the crowd seemed to be really into it. Merch was more expensive than usual at €35 a t-shirt. Tough buy but LoG are one of the few bands I actually care about.

Shame about the 45 minute set but at least the sound was on point for a change. Most gigs at 3 Arena you can't hear the vocals at all but fortunately they could be heard tonight.

Genuinely surprised at how big the crowd was tonight, I've never seen such a big crowd in there. Went into the pit and when someone went down we picked them up. Hopefully a good time had by all.

Went upstairs to the ATM and the mid-level floor between seating and standing had a merch stand and bar that were empty. Happy days.

Knackered now, Chinese on the way :)

Hopefully everyone had a good night and a safe journey home!

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Slayer were ****ing deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Left just after Raining Blood to avoid the throng at the luas. Decent show. I was seated in block d and the sound I didn't think was great for LOG or Slayer, vocals for Slayer were completely unhearable in parts which is ass. Still, glad to see em one last time and to see their full stage show, well worth the entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

On the luas. Jammed. Went in half way thru anthrax. Dont know any of their tunes. Best part was domination outro :p. Log were class. Great setlist for 40 min. Sounded good. Wish they played longer - no faded line, hourglass or 11th hour but thats the only complaint i have :D

Slayer sounded great too . Guitars and bass maybe a bit muffled from where i was (section n). Clear vocals. Did they mess up disciple in the second verse? Sounded like they did to me. Seasons and reign in blood sounded unreal. No encore, unless i missed it! Good night.

Really enjoyed the gigs tonight

Obituary were good but tbh never heard of them before they were announced on the bill. Not a fan of there light show

Went there mainly for Anthrax and was not disappointed. Great set but surprised they don't some of there main hits so early in the set

Lamb of God were ok but as with Obituary didn't knw much about them only by name. Not a fan of that kind of music but nice to see them live after watching the As the palace burns doc yesterday

Slayer are trash gods for a reason and I saw it first hand tonight why. Amazing set full of energy and passion. I would of loved to see the original line-up

Overall good day and back to the 3arena 2more times this year for rather different gigs (u2 and Def Leppard) but for my metal side roll on Jan Ozzy and Judas Priest

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Last time I saw slayer was 1994 and they're as intense as ever, that was brilliant. Not too many bands can live up to Slayer live IMHO.
    I was sitting in section a though and the sound was a bit **** as well, terrible for anthrax, bit better for LoG and OK for slayer. Always the same in 3 arena, you'd think they'd get their **** together.
    Got on the luas fairly quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Sound was a bit ropey alright. It was excellent in the same venue last Sunday for Van and Robert Plant. But Madatory Suicide, Hell Awaits and Chemical Warfare...there is only one Slayer. Crowd was gas, one scuffle almost becoming a fight and security turning up five minutes later like spanners, mosh pits trying to break out, drink getting thrown around and a few lads openly doing coke or speed that wouldn't stop talking after a line. Still though, mad seeing how thrash bands I grew up going to see and listening to 30 years ago in much smaller venues can still draw in large crowds and get them going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

On the luas. Jammed. Went in half way thru anthrax. Dont know any of their tunes. Best part was domination outro :p. Log were class. Great setlist for 40 min. Sounded good. Wish they played longer - no faded line, hourglass or 11th hour but thats the only complaint i have :D

Slayer sounded great too . Guitars and bass maybe a bit muffled from where i was (section n). Clear vocals. Did they mess up disciple in the second verse? Sounded like they did to me. Seasons and reign in blood sounded unreal. No encore, unless i missed it! Good night.

Sounded like they may have fecked disciple up alright but held it together well.

Great gig. Missed Obituary but log and anthrax exceeded my expectations. No issue with luas in or out either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Sounded like they may have fecked disciple up alright but held it together well.

Great gig. Missed Obituary but log and anthrax exceeded my expectations. No issue with luas in or out either!

Advertisement