Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer/Lamb Of God/Anthrax and Obituary- Nov 1st 3arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Good gig. First time seeing them with a proper stage show.

Sound was okay, was Holt's level much lower than King or was it just being played out the left channel? I was to the right.

Tom didn't say much.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I was to the left and Gary's guitar sounded louder so maybe they took a side each? (I think the albums do that as well)

I was to the left and Gary's guitar sounded louder so maybe they took a side each? (I think the albums do that as well)

Yup, that was what I was thinking. I know the old albums it was a channel each.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

mloc123 wrote: »

Tom didn't say much.

Even less than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Degag wrote: »
    Even less than usual!

Wtf was the story with him missing the entire last verse of Angel of Death too??

• Advertisement

Even less than usual!

Last time I saw them was in the academy, from what I recall he chatted a little. He seemed a little odd both times he spoke tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

4th time in 3Arena in a week and truthfully I think I enjoyed tonite the most.

Missed the earlier acts but Slayer were spectacular, I don't believe a word of this being a farewell tour from a bunch of hot 50 somethings after tonite's performance.

A bit melancholy though when compared to how utterly fkin sh1te popular music has become.

Zero beer/talk/toilet action from the crowd, just total submission to freaking awesomeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anthrax even threw in a u2 snippet

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Im home. Still buzzin. Just looking at some pics now - they put on a serious light/fire/graphics show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Even less than usual!

Last time I saw them was in the academy, from what I recall he chatted a little. He seemed a little odd both times he spoke tonight.
    People are just being STOOPID man. That was a bit much. No interest in their clumsy commentary on politics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Savage gig. Lamb of God should of had a way longer set. Delighted to see them live. Only one knacker in the crowd which is still one more than I thought would be at the gig but what you gonna do.

D.Q wrote: »
    People are just being STOOPID man. That was a bit much. No interest in their clumsy commentary on politics.

Yeah, no idea where he was going with that.. from what I gather he is a republican supporter. Holt coming over and tell him to wrap it up tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ended up getting seating tickets in the end. Up in Block J. Quite a few empty seats around us, but crowd was still pretty good where we were and a good view of the swaying, moshing, and bouncing crowd. Seemed like a good atmosphere below. Sound was a bit iffy - particularly for vocals, which was a shame.

Missed Obituary. Caught most of Anthrax who were enjoyable - got the crowd going nicely. Really enjoyed Lamb of God - would have liked a longer set, Randy is good for the between songs chatter but wanted him to rush it with a 45-min set! Cracking setlist though. Wouldn't be too familiar with a lot of Slayer (don't stone me!), but hard to believe they're in their 50s. Pretty ferocious set.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

D.Q wrote: »
    Even less than usual!

And you d be wondering why their country is in trouble! Good gig, sound wasn't great though, always good to see the holt in action

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Did anyone get any good videos last night? Just got the one, I try not to be on the phone much so usually just get a video and one or two photos before heading into the pit.

Hopefully LoG come back soon. I'd like to see them in the Olympia again. If I remember correctly the crowd was a bit small for them at the Megadeth co-headline gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Did anyone get any good videos last night? Just got the one, I try not to be on the phone much so usually just get a video and one or two photos before heading into the pit.

Hopefully LoG come back soon. I'd like to see them in the Olympia again. If I remember correctly the crowd was a bit small for them at the Megadeth co-headline gig.

few others on youtube, just making my way through them now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

What was Randy Blythe referring to about not falling for the same thing again in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

What phone was this filmed on? The sound is class. I only have a few clips, nothing worth anything.

I'd definitely take a 2 hour LOG set. Obituary were a surprise too, much better live than I thought they would be. Anthrax didn't do anything for me though.

Lekrub wrote: »

What phone was this filmed on? The sound is class. I only have a few clips, nothing worth anything.

I'd definitely take a 2 hour LOG set. Obituary were a surprise too, much better live than I thought they would be. Anthrax didn't do anything for me though.

It's the Huawei Honor 10. Decent phone without breaking the bank like Samsung or Apple, the video stabilisation does a good job of keeping it steady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

There was some absolute headdaballs at that gig last night.
    The Luas out was full of 50 year old mucksavages with slayer shirts. Looked like a bunch of lads from the hills have eyes.
    Inside I reckon there was members of the travelling community and local skangers who just showed up for the kick ****.
    Everyone smoking on the floor, pints flying everywhere.
    Lads getting Dragged out left right and centre.
    Was an amazing night though. All the bands brought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Asus X540L wrote: »
    There was some absolute headdaballs at that gig last night.
    The Luas out was full of 50 year old mucksavages with slayer shirts. Looked like a bunch of lads from the hills have eyes.
    Inside I reckon there was members of the travelling community and local skangers who just showed up for the kick ****.
    Everyone smoking on the floor, pints flying everywhere.
    Lads getting Dragged out left right and centre.
    Was an amazing night though. All the bands brought it.

saw a group of lads out of it and it was only 4.30pm

they were trying to get into Eddie Rocketts but had to stay outside. No sense whatsoever

I fear Slane is going to even worse

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Meant to add there was a guy behind me who slept through the whole of Lamb of God and Slayer. Wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Smell on the floor was something serious.
    Stale gatt, BO, bad breath, and ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Meant to add there was a guy behind me who slept through the whole of Lamb of God and Slayer. Wtf?!

Aha...sounds like the bloke who was sat next to me. At one point during Slayer he curled up across two seats, took his shoes off and had a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Great night, needed more Obituary and less LOG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

https://twitter.com/OverheardDublin/status/1058391737968836613

Outside the Slayer gig at 3 Arena-

A middle aged woman trying to offload her tickets because her "gob****e husband thought it was a Leo Sayer concert!"

:pac::pac:

Was there that much trouble at it? Had a few roudy passengers get on the Luas at Abbey St drinking but didn't see any issues inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Was there that much trouble at it? Had a few roudy passengers get on the Luas at Abbey St drinking but didn't see any issues inside.

I didn't see much of anything bar the usual.

A large event like this will always have the following..
    1: The older lads. Let back out of the day and reliving their youth (im nearly fitting into this sadly )
    2: The day trippers who have no real interest.
    3: The younger lads

People pissed and falling asleep or pissing around and spending the night in the smoking area is par for the course.

For the most part in the standing area everyone was out having a great time and no ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Slayer were awesome, missed Obituary due to two friends procrastinating in leaving the hotel to get there when the doors opened, arrived when Anthrax were coming on.

Got to the front far left barrier and camped out there from Lamb Of God onwards.

During Slayer I got talking to this very pretty lady from New Zealand who was behind me, she was shouting "Tommy!" referring to Tom Araya, dragged her up to the barrier so she could get a better look, she went off during the show and got a pint, would have got her one myself but it would have ended up on the floor during the journey back with the action in the crowd, she got back and her pint was immaculate, none spilled, I was well impressed, she was even awesome enough to share it with me, she insisted. Talking away to her, said for the craic she was pretty, she let me down gently. Still she was lovely. If she's reading, thanks for sharing your pint with me, legend :P

Advertisement