Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava not always recording

Options
  • 15-05-2018 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I've an iPhone 6s and noticed Strava sometimes does not record. I usually wait until it's got a good GPS signal before starting, but then I get to the end and it's recorded it as 0 miles 0 minutes.

I've had this issue before and sometimes resetting the network settings works and/or a reinstall. Other times it doesn't have any effect then it will mysteriously start working several weeks or months later as I've given up using it in the meantime.

Anyone else had this? I ran through their steps on the website for troubleshooting this but I'm not convinced it will work based on past experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000026850-iPhone-app-recording-issues

TLDR: iOS doesnt let you protect an app, Android does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

It's annoying alright. Tried resetting network settings, location off and on, same for airplane mode, just kept getting a "no GPS signal" or it just saying the signal was weak. I wonder is it related to the battery strength. I tried this evening and the location kept jumping around by easily half a mile if not more.

Might have to start bringing my android phone just to record rides which seems stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you done the battery health check or had it replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

If it's not on Strava it didn't happen. I'd suggest that you have, in fact, not cycled at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Check your location settings are set for always. You may have them turned off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I think the problem is the phone. I tried map my cycle today and had the same issue. I brought the android along with me and it recorded fine.

Advertisement