Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Unlock

Options
  • 15-05-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

I'm going to America next week. I was wondering if i could get the unlock code for my old phone so I can get a burner sim when over there. It appears shops arent allowed do it anymore...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

overshoot wrote: »
    I'm going to America next week. I was wondering if i could get the unlock code for my old phone so I can get a burner sim when over there. It appears shops arent allowed do it anymore...
    Hi overshoot, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Our customer care team on 1901 will be able to assist you with this and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

When I dial that there isn't a menu option and I'm wasting my time going around in circles. Is this not meant to be customer care too?

When I dial that there isn't a menu option and I'm wasting my time going around in circles. Is this not meant to be customer care too?
    When you dial 1901, press * for the mobile team and then option 2 and 2 again and this should get you through to an agent. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

So still waiting on the unlock code. I was told 10 days through that line and it's been 2 weeks...

So still waiting on the unlock code. I was told 10 days through that line and it's been 2 weeks...
    I'm very sorry to hear this.

The customer care team on 1901 will need to follow up on this and advise you on all updates. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

As I said at the start of the thread, not in Ireland at the minute.
    Not particularly fit to ring given the costs charged and time difference.
    Also... Coverage is terrible here. Glad I've the duel Sim phone and a 3uk Sim card. The difference is unreal when 3 has coverage v eir (Let alone the price).
    I'll stick to independent phone dealers in future for buying I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

As I said at the start of the thread, not in Ireland at the minute.
    Not particularly fit to ring given the costs charged and time difference.
    Also... Coverage is terrible here. Glad I've the duel Sim phone and a 3uk Sim card. The difference is unreal when 3 has coverage v eir (Let alone the price).
    I'll stick to independent phone dealers in future for buying I guess.
    Hi overshoot ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement