Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect Cost

Options
  • 15-05-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi ,
    Just wondering approx cost for architect to apply for planning permission for a bedroom to side of house above garage. Going to convert garage as well but I don't think that needs planning. Im in dublin and some other houses locally have been done so should not be any difficulties. No bank involved so no need for regular inspections, just planning application.

Ballpark figure appreciated.

Thank you

AP

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

agrange wrote: »
    Hi ,
    Just wondering approx cost for architect to apply for planning permission for a bedroom to side of house above garage. Going to convert garage as well but I don't think that needs planning. Im in dublin and some other houses locally have been done so should not be any difficulties. No bank involved so no need for regular inspections, just planning application.

Ballpark figure appreciated.

Thank you

AP

Planning only 3k plus costs.
    You will need investigation of existing foundations to ensure a second storey can be built.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Garage conversion will require planning.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Garage conversion will require planning.

If it’s connected to the main dwelling and they haven’t used up their 40 Sq. M already then it may be exempt Cala.

Advertisement