Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a huge amount of foreign currency notes. Can I exchange them somewhere?

Options
  • 15-05-2018 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

So I live with a big family and we’ve all done our fair share of travelling over the years. A lot of the foreign currency that has come back with us has been piled into a plastic bag.

Now, it’s a big mix of notes from loads of different countries, including Thailand, Singapore, Bali, etc. I had a quick glance yesterday and saw a £5 Sterling in there, so it’s not just small change. I don’t even know the value of most of it.

What would be the handiest way of exchanging it all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Central bank

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Central bank

Won't take it.

Fexco on Westmoreland Street should take most currencies

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

Why don't you donate it to charity? The charity boxes in Dublin airport take all types of currencies, and they seem to support worthy causes.

I don't see much point in taking it to a Fexco etc. They won't take coins, and you'd get very little for small amounts of notes in various currencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is it a lot? i.e. hundreds of euros worth of each currency? Im going to thailand and bali later in the year, if its a lot and relatively new i may be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Hmmm, these wouldn't Northern bank sterling notes by any chance? :pac:

Seriously, look up the exchange rates for the currencies, I'd be fairly certain the value of leftover tourist currencies wont amount to much. A 100 Thai bank note would be worth approx. €2.50 after conversion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement