Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepper Home Loans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭winksblinks

cfab wrote: »
    Yep, both myself and my solicitor have emailed pepper, I sent them to the general address and my solicitor sent mails to the completions department

I hope answers are forthcoming today for you. I’d posted on an earlier thread - I’m a few weeks behind where you are at as the loan offer was due with my solicitor this week.

Could you dm me the email address for completions. I can’t locate it in my paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Just some feedback - I'm about 9 weeks into the process now. They're slow as a boat.

They're really good at getting back but unfortunately it's usually 'it's with the underwriters'. I'm at the point where I've got confirmation that we're good to go but no loan offer has been sent to the solicitor.

If they've a backlog they need more staff, if not, customers will just go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Yep, both myself and my solicitor have emailed pepper, I sent them to the general address and my solicitor sent mails to the completions department

Did you get sorted? Really hope you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 technodj

Anyone got anymore info on pepper
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 alig1234

Somewhat Reliably informed that to to get authorisation to trade here the Financial regulator said you have to offer homeloans but they dont want to so they give a very small few out and frustrate the process fro everybody else by requesting extra documentation until such time til you go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

If that was in the slightest bit true then they wouldn't have sold their home loan business last month as part of their European wide restructuring to focus on asset servicing. I also can't imagine the new owners, Finance Ireland, purchasing a mortgage provider with the specific intention of making it difficult to get a mortgage from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Bit confused by all this, Will Pepper still be offering mortgages?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

Bit confused by all this, Will Pepper still be offering mortgages?

Yes. Perhaps they’ll rebrand it sometime down the line, but right now they are still offerIng loans and I expect the new owners will try to grow the business further.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 cfab

Grooonk wrote: »
    Did you get sorted? Really hope you did.

Hi, Im sorry i never updated this thread, some kind soul on here pm'd we as they work in the same buildings that pepper use and told me they were still there. eventually 2 days later someone got back to me and we got sorted...... eventually......
    the cheque arrived in my solicitors on october 24th (which was a week later then it was supposed to be) we were due to be out of our house on the 26th by 12 o clock. down to the wire, just like my nerves at that point!

ACADasltiv wrote: »
    Yes. Perhaps they’ll rebrand it sometime down the line, but right now they are still offerIng loans and I expect the new owners will try to grow the business further.

So it turns out that the group in the background that bought pepper is close brothers. they have no intention of shutting it down, they want to grow it slowly, i guess i was one of the guinea pigs! anyone done any car finance recently and got it through first auto finance? same people. they aren't a 'subprime' lender but they will take on the outside cases that main stream banks won't touch with a barge pole. my situation is im self employed but at the time i was only working for myself 1 year and 9 months and i only had one year of certified accounts.

it was gruelling, they were only short of asking for blood samples, and my loan offer letter was for 6500 less than they had initially said and i didn't find that out until the actual letter arrived 3 weeks before we were due to close.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info guys
    Waiting on full approval is a killer

Was Pepper the 1st choice for you guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Still no mention of new loan applications on the pepper site, Anyone have any more information?

technodj wrote: »
    Was Pepper the 1st choice for you guys ?

Well in my case they turned out to be my only choice after Ulster bank (who I have banked with for 8 years. Mortgage for 5 years and have a biz account for 2 years) made a ‘clerical ‘ error in offering me a new mortgage.

Still no mention of new loan applications on the pepper site, Anyone have any more information?

Have you put an application in?

Info up on the Finance Ireland site on Mortgage Applications. You have to now apply via a broker - https://www.financeireland.ie/products/residential-mortgages/overview/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Willow1984

Hi, Im sorry i never updated this thread, some kind soul on here pm'd we as they work in the same buildings that pepper use and told me they were still there. eventually 2 days later someone got back to me and we got sorted...... eventually......
    the cheque arrived in my solicitors on october 24th (which was a week later then it was supposed to be) we were due to be out of our house on the 26th by 12 o clock. down to the wire, just like my nerves at that point!

Hi im in a very similar situation to you. After months of going through the process wev finally gotton approval but still no offer letter. Im sick with worry our offer will expire . My question is wen you did get the letter and sent it back how long did it take to drawdown the money. Was it a very slow task. Also did they look for much more documentation from them and did ye have to keep on top of them. Im loosing my will now at this stage i dont know how much more stress we can take. Any input would be greatly appreciated . Thanks a mill

Willow1984 wrote: »
    Hi im in a very similar situation to you. After months of going through the process wev finally gotton approval but still no offer letter. Im sick with worry our offer will expire . My question is wen you did get the letter and sent it back how long did it take to drawdown the money. Was it a very slow task. Also did they look for much more documentation from them and did ye have to keep on top of them. Im loosing my will now at this stage i dont know how much more stress we can take. Any input would be greatly appreciated . Thanks a mill

Offer is valid from the date they issue the offer letter and is valid for 3 months. Took about 2ish weeks after approval to get the offer pack.

Once all the docs required for drawdown were in money was in the solicitors account within 24hours.

Only advice I can give is to ring them on a daily basis to get it over the line.

Offer is valid from the date they issue the offer letter and is valid for 3 months. Took about 2ish weeks after approval to get the offer pack.

Once all the docs required for drawdown were in money was in the solicitors account within 24hours.

Only advice I can give is to ring them on a daily basis to get it over the line.

Thank you for response. The info my broker has provided me with is we wer made an offer the very end of nov possibly the last day. To this date we still have not recieved any documention or offer letter . My broke rang me last wed to say we wer approved so would it be about two weeks from last wed before we would see any documentation . Will most def ring on a daily basis once offer is recieved i will infor my solicitor of this

Thank you for response. The info my broker has provided me with is we wer made an offer the very end of nov possibly the last day. To this date we still have not recieved any documention or offer letter . My broke rang me last wed to say we wer approved so would it be about two weeks from last wed before we would see any documentation . Will most def ring on a daily basis once offer is recieved i will infor my solicitor of this
    . Also what kimd of documents wer required for drawdown. Tia

• Advertisement

. Also what kimd of documents wer required for drawdown. Tia

For me it was Life Assurance with the Deed of Assignment, Home Insurance, Divorce Decree and Direct Debit Mandates.

For me it was Life Assurance with the Deed of Assignment, Home Insurance, Divorce Decree and Direct Debit Mandates.

Ok great. Thank you for replying appreciate it. Fingers crossed now once we get the offer pack that its smooth sailing from there

Advertisement