Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potentially moving to Athy.

• 15-05-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have read a lot of posts about Athy and some positive and some negative. What is the general opinion of Athy these days?

Where are the better areas to live in? Are corran ard and Dun Brinn nice areas?

I'm not overly concerned with the traffic but would appreciate and points on the area before making my decision. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I moved there a year ago and I really like it. I did already have a few friends there so sort of started with a network so to speak, but I've made lots of new friends also. There ain't much happening but lots of sporting activities that's for sure.

These are the estates that, in my opinion, are nice:

Cois Bhearu/Cluain Bhearu
    Gallows Hill
    Mansfield Grove/Ashville
    Oak Lawn
    Earls Court
    Chanterlands
    Whitecastle Lawn

I personally would only live the Dublin side because of the traffic. All the above estates are the Dublin side of the bridge.

Haven't come across any hassle in the town at all, locals have been very friendly towards me.

Littering is a problem. There are "social-problem" areas of the town just like any other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SFB66

For me Coneyboro is the best estate. On the Dublin side. Quiet and well maintained. Big houses also!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I don't have any advice on estates but if you are a reader the new library is literally one of the nicest in the whole country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Coneyboro gets my vote, lived there for a few years, have some friends there who are there now also who love it

Advertisement