Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S8+ Upgrade

Options
  • 15-05-2018 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Looking to Upgrade from my S8+, unsure if i want to go to the S9+ as i dont see much of a point as its a very similar phone.

Any suggestions welcome :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Looking to Upgrade from my S8+, unsure if i want to go to the S9+ as i dont see much of a point as its a very similar phone.

Any suggestions welcome :)

If upgrading from an S8+ I probably wouldn't bother, but the S9+ is an outstanding phone (once you have the latest firmware on it that fixes the call bug).

I had an S8 earlier in the year that I got rid of because I was used to the slightly larger width of the S6 Edge+/Note series and I found the S8 too small in that regard.

I was set to buy a Mi Mix 2/2s to be honest but then this came up as a free upgrade so I took it. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise - the Sim-free/retail pricing on these new handsets is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Paulcon93 wrote:

No point upgrading....only thing is better camera...and 2 gb extra ram..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If upgrading from an S8+ I probably wouldn't bother, but the S9+ is an outstanding phone (once you have the latest firmware on it that fixes the call bug).

I had an S8 earlier in the year that I got rid of because I was used to the slightly larger width of the S6 Edge+/Note series and I found the S8 too small in that regard.

I was set to buy a Mi Mix 2/2s to be honest but then this came up as a free upgrade so I took it. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise - the Sim-free/retail pricing on these new handsets is nuts.

It does seem like a very good phone the s9+, but its hard to justify the upgrade as their really is not any significant changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

No point upgrading....only thing is better camera...and 2 gb extra ram..

Ye i would agree with you.

Advertisement