Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Electrical hedge trimmer

Options
  • 15-05-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I somehow managed to cut the electrical cable when working in the garden on the electrical hedge trimmers that I bought from Aldi last summer.

Is there a way to get that fixed without having to send it back to the UK where it was made?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

goalie2 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I somehow managed to cut the electrical cable when working in the garden on the electrical hedge trimmers that I bought from Aldi last summer.

Is there a way to get that fixed without having to send it back to the UK where it was made?

I've nicked the cable every summer! I just did as suggested above - obviously it depends where you cut the cable as to how good a solution it will be. Some lawnmower sales/hire shops will do repairs for general, powered tools.

NEVER do a bodge join but you probably knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've joined the two pieces with those little electrical connectors that you wire both ends in to and wrap in insulating tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I've joined the two pieces with those little electrical connectors that you wire both ends in to and wrap in insulating tape.
    Definite no no!
    That type of bodge is not allowed indoors, let alone outdoors.
    OP, go to your local electrical wholesalers, explain your predicament and they will/should have a proper lead connector for outdoor use.

Advertisement