Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 villamaria

If anyone has a presale code they don’t need for the eagles would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has both Dublin dates sold out?

Yes - well there was single seats available when I looked on Friday

Mushy wrote: »
    Must be soon, a billboard in Austria showed a July date

Being announced today according to several online "sources"

urbangoo wrote: »
    Not a chance Bon Jovi tickets will be reasonably priced! Sure to get into a gold circle now at one of their gigs, you have to buy a VIP package for around €300.

Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has both Dublin dates sold out?

Sold out for now but they have held back loads of tickets to try and flog VIP and Platinum .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Zardoz wrote: »
    Sold out for now but they have held back loads of tickets to try and flog VIP and Platinum .
    Welcome to the future. Take That struggled to sell out one date in the same venue just over a year ago, and now they are "selling out" two dates within a few hours?
    Some of the platinum tickets are in row 35 of Block M, so upper tier and way back. €221 each.
    Platinum has replaced seatwave as predicted, what do you say Exclamation Marc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Welcome to the future. Take That struggled to sell out one date in the same venue just over a year ago, and now they are "selling out" two dates within a few hours?
    Some of the platinum tickets are in row 35 of Block M, so upper tier and way back. €221 each.
    Platinum has replaced seatwave as predicted, what do you say Exclamation Marc?

Firstly Take That have never had an issue selling out venues in Ireland. I've gone to all their gigs and they have always sold out pretty quickly after going on sale. They have never struggled to sell here. Gary Barlow sold out one venue almost instantly this year and Take That did the same in 2017 over two nights.

Secondly there are only a handful of tickets listed on the platinum package. That was the pretty similar to their 2017 tour as I remember their being platinum tickets for those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Firstly Take That have never had an issue selling out venues in Ireland. I've gone to all their gigs and they have always sold out pretty quickly after going on sale. They have never struggled to sell here. Gary Barlow sold out one venue almost instantly this year and Take That did the same in 2017 over two nights.

They didnt sell out either night in 2017 ,ticket sales were very poor .
    You could get tickets on Viagogo for 25 euro the week of the gig I recall people saying on here.
    Secondly there are only a handful of tickets listed on the platinum package.
    Thats all they display at any one time to drive demand,drip feeding.

Anyway tickets for this will be going for buttons close to the gigs like last year.

Secondly there are only a handful of tickets listed on the platinum package. That was the pretty similar to their 2017 tour as I remember their being platinum tickets for those too.

No way they sold out last year, completely incorrect. Have a look at toutless event listing, does this look like a sold out event:
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?t=26389
    Barlow was in the 2k Bord Gais, a lot smaller than the 14k 3arena

I doubt you'll admit you're wrong regardless. But you know it yourself deep down.

Zardoz wrote: »
    They didnt sell out either night in 2017 ,ticket sales were very poor .
    You could get tickets on Viagogo for 25 euro the week of the gig I recall people saying on here.

Thats all they display at any one time to drive demand,drip feeding.
    Exactly, take a screenshot of the available rows, and you'll see new ones added as they sell

• Advertisement

Take it to that Seatwave thread if you want. I've no interest in this circular argument anymore as it's entirely speculative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rudimental playing Dublin in January

A Sunday in January really doesn't seem like a great time to watch Rudimental :-|

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, it'll be depressing enough without inflicting Rudimental on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Irelandfan1990

Westlife just confirmed they back via Twitter so expect them to do croke park next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

anyone hear anything yet about P!nk? I want to book my holidays but don't want to miss that.

The beautiful trauma tour finishes in the US around the end of May, she tweeted months ago that she'd tour Europe in summer 2019 but I can't find anything online yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

julyjane wrote: »
    anyone hear anything yet about P!nk? I want to book my holidays but don't want to miss that.

The beautiful trauma tour finishes in the US around the end of May, she tweeted months ago that she'd tour Europe in summer 2019 but I can't find anything online yet.

I hope she comes to Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    I hope she comes to Cork

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

General gripe - am I missing something or have prices been awol for a while on the ticketmaster site for upcoming events?

A few times now I've tried to check prices before something goes sale and noticed there's nothing listed in the info apart from the "Prices are in EUR €"

maximoose wrote: »
    General gripe - am I missing something or have prices been awol for a while on the ticketmaster site for upcoming events?

A few times now I've tried to check prices before something goes sale and noticed there's nothing listed in the info apart from the "Prices are in EUR €"
    Yeah completely correct. The section with pricing info disappeared when they redesigned the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

George Ezra Announced!
    ・June 20 - Irish Independent Park, Cork
    ・June 21 - Malahide Castle, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Just confirmed that The Cure will be playing Malahide Castle. Tickets on sale 10th October €69.50 and limited to 4 per person

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    George Ezra Announced!
    ・June 20 - Irish Independent Park, Cork
    ・June 21 - Malahide Castle, Dublin

No way he's big enough for malahide castle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

colmufc wrote: »

isnt malahide 20,000?
    He'll get close anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I've never been to a concert in Malahide Castle and have none coming up either. Is it just a stage out in the grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

maximoose wrote: »

Yeah noticed that myself. It's annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Is there seating? Or is it all standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I've never been to a concert in Malahide Castle and have none coming up either. Is it just a stage out in the grounds?

Yes....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

colmufc wrote: »
    Yeah it's a good size for his fanbase. Won't be more than that so everyone who wants to go see him will get to go. If it's 18k, everyone can push up a bit and there'll be a bit of space down the back, it's not like there'll be empty seats visible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a good size for his fanbase. Won't be more than that so everyone who wants to go see him will get to go. If it's 18k, everyone can push up a bit and there'll be a bit of space down the back, it's not like there'll be empty seats visible.

Ah fair enough I've only been once for a concert and that was 2008 I think for arctic monkeys and it was 35,000 capacity then if it's only around the 20,000 mark now it just goes to show we could do with the 3arena being that size for winter tours and have a 10,000 and 5,000 venue in the same complex, were missing on so many shows in this country because it not worth the artist while to play to 12,500 people

Advertisement