Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

julyjane wrote: »
    oh that's interesting. I've seen on Facebook a few people are interested in or going to westlife comeback tour on 14.07.19 but it doesn't look official

Westlife will be croker, I'd be as confident saying that as I've ever been in my life. Maybe púc and thomond, but I'd back croker with money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foo Fighters just announce for Hurricane/Southside festival in Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Foo Fighters just announce for Hurricane/Southside festival in Germany

Taking place over June 21-23, with The Cure and Mumford & Sons also headlining.

Given that the Cure are already doing Malahide, the other two could also be in with a good shout of being Marlay Park/Malahide shows next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Taking place over June 21-23, with The Cure and Mumford & Sons also headlining.

Given that the Cure are already doing Malahide, the other two could also be in with a good shout of being Marlay Park/Malahide shows next summer.

Think Mumford and Sons are playing 3Arena in November. Dunno would they play again so soon

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think Mumford and Sons are playing 3Arena in November. Dunno would they play again so soon

Ah! Hadn't seen that. They wouldn't be my thing at all anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eod100 wrote: »

They will def be back in Europe next summer , Maybe headline EP or a stand alone gig.

Hoping FF's include Ireland on this tour

• Registered Users Posts: 38,260 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pity about the Aviva had Bon Jovi nailed on for a gig there myself. Wonder where he will play now if he comes here. Surly Croke Park is too big

Saw the foos in manchester last July excellent and hoping they play here next summer

hoping For Garth Brooks still but all things seem to be quite down his way

Westlife for Croke Park will deff be announced for the Xmas market no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Slow burner on the on Jovi front. Don't know why mcd put the two posts on social media a few weeks ago if announcement wasn't imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they were posting about Metallica for a good few weeks before they were announced, i think.

Bon Jovi in the RDS maybe? 40,000 capacity there I think? or else maybe the Phoenix Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

they were posting about Metallica for a good few weeks before they were announced, i think.

Bon Jovi in the RDS maybe? 40,000 capacity there I think? or else maybe the Phoenix Park?

Are the refurb works for Aviva and RDS confirmed?
    2 large venues out of action for summer gigs then....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Are the refurb works for Aviva and RDS confirmed?
    2 large venues out of action for summer gigs then....:confused:

Re Aviva, it's because of EURO 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

p!nk is making an announcement on Tuesday :)))
    nice little promo video that mentions London, Warsaw etc. no Ireland but MCD shared it so chances are we'll be seeing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

p!nk is making an announcement on Tuesday :)))
    nice little promo video that mentions London, Warsaw etc. no Ireland but MCD shared it so chances are we'll be seeing her.

Some venues confirmed already and they are stadiums. If Aviva is closed, can she fill Croke Park?

what venues are confirmed already? I saw something about France on July 3rd but I was reading an article that was written in French so I could be way off.

I don't know about selling out CP but she'd draw a good crowd, more than Taylor Swift anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Some venues confirmed already and they are stadiums. If Aviva is closed, can she fill Croke Park?

I'd like to have seen her indoors .
    Not sure I'd go to an outdoor gig,I definitely wont be going if its Croke Park,I've had my fill of that place.
    I dont think she could fill Croke Park to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

what venues are confirmed already? I saw something about France on July 3rd but I was reading an article that was written in French so I could be way off.

I don't know about selling out CP but she'd draw a good crowd, more than Taylor Swift anyway

I think the France date confirmed is La Defense Arena, it says arena but it holds 40k. Date in Berlin is at Olympiastadion stadium.

It was odd how she only played 1 date in Dublin the last tour, I think the demand will be big since a lot missed that tour because of that. Maybe a date in Cork too.

Phoenix park maybe? I've never been to the PP except for going to the zoo so I don't know but it was good enough for ed sheeran and handy enough to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Phoenix park maybe? I've never been to the PP except for going to the zoo so I don't know but it was good enough for ed sheeran and handy enough to get to.

Marlay can be pushed out to 40,000 if necessary, Cork is always a possibility, same with thomond and Belfast, but if Aviva is off limits, I'd say Marlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭colmufc

Phoenix park is a terrible venue unless you live in Dublin, Marley park is a far better venue, good transport links for locals and it's beside the motorway for those who want to drive , the pp is a nightmare to park at and it's a 30min walk into the venue area from the gates near on the city side and even more so to get out as it's dark and everyone leaves together
    Malahide and Marley park are the only park venues that should be used in Dublin

Someone else said in another post that there would be more demand for pink than Taylor swift ,well I'm sorry but not a chance she's great and has a great live show reputation but no way would she be able to sell out croke park never mind put on 2 shows there

Mcd Instagram says Tuesday for news on pink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Irelandfan1990

No gigs in the Aviva next year. New pitch being installed.

Is this confirmed as will be matches played their next year in euro qualifiers. Either way pink playing somewhere here next year

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Marlay can be pushed out to 40,000 if necessary, Cork is always a possibility, same with thomond and Belfast, but if Aviva is off limits, I'd say Marlay.

If it's MCD promoting, Cork may not be an option. Aiken run the Marquee so unless Musgrave Park are doing more than one show this summer - George Ezra already sold out - there'd be no option.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Irelandfan1990

If it's MCD promoting, Cork may not be an option. Aiken run the Marquee so unless Musgrave Park are doing more than one show this summer - George Ezra already sold out - there'd be no option.

pairc ui chaoimh be an option for cork too already has Rod Stewart their next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

colmufc wrote: »
    Mcd Instagram says Tuesday for news on pink

Will go on sale the following week to coincide with the end of the month pay day .
    General sale will be Fri Oct 26th no doubt.

pairc ui chaoimh be an option for cork too already has Rod Stewart their next year

That's true but, so far, all the Pairc gigs have been Aiken too. Ed Sheeran last year and Rod this. Not sure if that means it won't be used by MCD or if there's an agreement there or what, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If I had to guess where in Dublin, I'd say she'll play Marley Park, Kilmainham or the Aviva before they relay the pitch seeing as it'll be at least late May (with rugby fixtures) before they relay it (if it's true that they are)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What about PUC Cork for Bon Jovi, some talk of Westlife for Thomond Park Limerick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What about PUC Cork for Bon Jovi, some talk of Westlife for Thomond Park Limerick

Jovi in cork would be awesome but not a chance Westlife play limerick , far too small Croker or nothing I'd say even if they play cork it's 40,000 thomond park is only 24,000 for concerts at best

Facebook is saying Dublin Thursday July 11th for P!nk - no venue as yet.

• Advertisement

Facebook is saying Dublin Thursday July 11th for P!nk - no venue as yet.

Where did it say that ?

Advertisement