Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

colmufc wrote: »
    Jovi in cork would be awesome but not a chance Westlife play limerick , far too small Croker or nothing I'd say even if they play cork it's 40,000 thomond park is only 24,000 for concerts at best

Westlife doing a sprigsteen-esque tour is what rumour is
    2 days in croker, thomond, galway

whether is through or not is left to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭colmufc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Westlife doing a sprigsteen-esque tour is what rumour is
    2 days in croker, thomond, galway

whether is through or not is left to be seen

I still think limerick is too small unless it's the Gaelic grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Discokiiid

Pink Is Playing RDS 18th June Announced Tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Discokiiid wrote: »
    Pink Is Playing RDS 18th June Announced Tomorrow!!!

she's in Amsterdam the 16th would they really get the set etc. over that quickly? what's the RDS like as a venue does it hold many?

thanks for the tip off I may check out hotels today:)

julyjane wrote: »
    she's in Amsterdam the 16th would they really get the set etc. over that quickly? what's the RDS like as a venue does it hold many?

I saw her there last time she did RDS, was great, weather was beautiful I was front row and sound was perfect but not sure what it’s like further back to be fair!!!

I think RDS is 30,000+ gonna be a struggle to get tickets!! I was also led to believe tickets on sale next Tuesday 23rd!! GA is €90!!

• Advertisement

Its more than possible she could have 2 rigs on the tour or that she has only a small rig to attach to a stage the promoters would supply so more than possible as far as capacity it seems to be around the 30,000 mark some people say 40,000 but there is No way it's that ,35,000 max

Its more than possible she could have 2 rigs on the tour or that she has only a small rig to attach to a stage the promoters would supply so more than possible as far as capacity it seems to be around the 30,000 mark some people say 40,000 but there is No way it's that ,35,000 max

Only one night penciled in too :( here’s hoping it changes gonna be such a quick sell out

Discokiiid wrote: »
    Only one night penciled in too :( here’s hoping it changes gonna be such a quick sell out

I know she's got a great rep for her live show and I love some of her music but am I crazy in thinking she's living off her past work , ya seems to be no room for another show

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

I've read 11th July for Pink in Dublin on FB .

I've read 11th July for Pink in Dublin on FB .

Where on fb

• Advertisement

it's an event on Facebook. realistically anyone can set one up but it looks just like the European event pages. we'll know tomorrow anyway, I'd be more inclined to believe the 18th of June date given that there's a venue also mentioned. hotels are mad money for a Tuesday night though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any official time for tomorrows confirmation news?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,553 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I know she's got a great rep for her live show and I love some of her music but am I crazy in thinking she's living off her past work , ya seems to be no room for another show
    I think so TBH her last album was in 2017 but it was number 1 all around the world pretty much. "What about us" was a massive worldwide hit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

julyjane wrote:
    it's an event on Facebook. realistically anyone can set one up but it looks just like the European event pages. we'll know tomorrow anyway, I'd be more inclined to believe the 18th of June date given that there's a venue also mentioned. hotels are mad money for a Tuesday night though

Ya it was something like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Yeah me too. Amsterdam on the 16th, Cardiff on the 20th. I'm just surprised only 1 date and at the RDS. I expected a bigger venue than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Yeah me too. Amsterdam on the 16th, Cardiff on the 20th. I'm just surprised only 1 date and at the RDS. I expected a bigger venue than that.

really? RDS is fine for most artists and she's not big enough for croke park by any stretch

I don't know, just looking at my own Facebook feed there seems to be huge interest. every female between 18 and 40 is going

And the July date would suit us better because a lot of us have children in school!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I thought the RDS was getting done up next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I thought the RDS was getting done up next year?

It's a long running project unfortunately. Had been being done up "next year" for a couple of years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I don't know, just looking at my own Facebook feed there seems to be huge interest. every female between 18 and 40 is going

And the July date would suit us better because a lot of us have children in school!

She is hugely popular ,her tour is one of the most successful of 2018 .
    The RDS only holds 35k, that's nowhere near big enough for her,as she appeals to both men and women unlike most female artists.
    About half the people buying will be as Christmas presents and then factor in the bandwagoners ,I'd say she could sell 60k tickets if the price isnt too high.

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    really? RDS is fine for most artists and she's not big enough for croke park by any stretch

I think she could fill Aviva easily but someone said it's closed next year?

It's definitely the June date since the Amsterdam date is the 16th and the 20th is Cardiff, that leaves the 18th free and most artists normally tour Ireland just before the UK dates or right after, the July date is too late.

If anyone is interested, she is doing Cardiff, Liverpool, Glasgow and 2 London (Wembley stadium) shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I think she could fill Aviva easily but someone said it's closed next year?

It's definitely the June date since the Amsterdam date is the 16th and the 20th is Cardiff, that leaves the 18th free and most artists normally tour Ireland just before the UK dates or right after, the July date is too late.

If anyone is interested, she is doing Cardiff, Liverpool, Glasgow and 2 London (Wembley stadium) shows.

Are the dates out for those other shows yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Zardoz wrote: »
    She is hugely popular ,her tour is one of the most successful of 2018 .
    The RDS only holds 35k, that's nowhere near big enough for her,as she appeals to both men and women unlike most female artists.
    About half the people buying will be as Christmas presents and then factor in the bandwagoners ,I'd say she could sell 60k tickets if the price isnt too high.
    Would she not be more of an act that was formerly big, like Lady Gaga? She was huge and had a gig in the Aviva, then couldnt sell out the Point 2 years later in 2014.

I have a hotel booked for June 18th anyway, a delightful establishment on Harcourt street :D I can cancel for free on booking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keithrevenge

Any idea what date she is doing Liverpool?Was planning on going there mid june so might kill 2 birds with 1 stone

where and when in Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I have a hotel booked for June 18th anyway, a delightful establishment on Harcourt street :D I can cancel for free on booking.com

Think ye are spot on with the date
    Hotels have been increasing their prices all day

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Are the dates out for those other shows yet?

June 20th - Cardiff
    June 22th - Glasgow

That's the only 2 with dates I can find, but Liverpool is next and then Wembley, it's probably the 24th, 26th and 27th.

where and when in Liverpool?

Anfield stadium. No official date but it's after Glasgow so probably the 24th.

• Advertisement

those UK dates probably mean no second irish date if the first sells out

Advertisement