Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Yes, i just got the text & smashed my phone off the ground. Why oh why not the O2. What a waste of a concert in my eyes. Cant see this selling out.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,779 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://garthbrooks.com/news/garth-brooks-announces-north-american-stadium-tour

It's a world tour but doesn't mention going to outside North America ??

Doesn't mention a world tour anywhere there....

James 007 wrote: »
    Yes, i just got the text & smashed my phone off the ground. Why oh why not the O2. What a waste of a concert in my eyes. Cant see this selling out.:rolleyes:

Seriously??? It'll sell out in seconds, so will the other 2 dates they almost certainly have planned....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

James 007 wrote: »

What?,
    This will sell out in seconds!

There's nowhere else they could play!

Who would you think is a better CP fit??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Seriously??? It'll sell out in seconds, so will the other 2 dates they almost certainly have planned....

1355331549061.jpg

• Advertisement

1355331549061.jpg

I thought so, but it's hard to know on this forum anymore with the amount of "can they sell out venue x" posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Another year of the Croke Park slots being wasted on absolute dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bennyl10 wrote: »
    What?,
    This will sell out in seconds!

There's nowhere else they could play!

Who would you think is a better CP fit??

But have Westlife as a 4 piece back together this soon still got mass appeal, all failed as single artists

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    But have Westlife as a 4 piece back together this soon still got mass appeal, all failed as single artists

Yes, yes they have. Look at take that's original comeback, plus their fans are still fans, but with more disposable income these days....

Zardoz wrote: »
    Another year of the Croke Park slots being wasted on absolute dross.

Who else could sell it out though???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

They've the Saturday booked too but will depend on ticket sales.

They've the Saturday booked too but will depend on ticket sales.

It'll probably go on sale the same day as the other gig.

Taylor Swifts second day was 'announced' and went on sale the same day as the first gig and the sales were crap by that point. If its booked, it's going on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Doesn't mention a world tour anywhere there....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpCq5_ZFvsU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wo5egvv0zd2s

Mentions world tour

With Westlife getting 1 Croke Park with another one rumoured to take place it only leaves 1 offical Croke Park left for 2019 but we have seen more events happen there like this year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpCq5_ZFvsU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wo5egvv0zd2s

Mentions world tour

With Westlife getting 1 Croke Park with another one rumoured to take place it only leaves 1 offical Croke Park left for 2019 but we have seen more events happen there like this year

Yeah, but that idiot called his last tour a world tour too, despite never leaving North America.....

Yeah, but that idiot called his last tour a world tour too, despite never leaving North America.....

Just wish he would come over here and we can bury the hatchet on 2014 and play his shows

Him talking about Love is cringy as **** and he is making a show of himself but the fans lap it all up

Just wish he would come over here and we can bury the hatchet on 2014 and play his shows

Him talking about Love is cringy as **** and he is making a show of himself but the fans lap it all up

What hatchet? Bar a few idiots and one gob****e of a cowboy, all those concerts are now are a pub quiz question at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Little Mix play 3 Arena in Oct 2019
    Missed the exact date...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you seem to be the one most obsessed with him coming to Ireland tbh:
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=124&subforums=1&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=brooks

I'm still bitter about 2014 ruined my summer

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

There is no Irish show on this tour but just in case any fans might have missed it
    Dave Matthews band are touring Europe next march/April
    2 shows in London with shows in Germany, Poland,Italy,Spain and Portugal
    I'm gutted I won't be able to make any of them but there a great live show minimum 3 hour sets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Dave Fanning was doing his review of the Sunday papers on 2FM a minute ago and said that one of them (I didn't catch which one) said that the other two Coke Park dates are a second Westlife one and Bon Jovi.

He didn't say if it said what date either will be on and said that the article only credits "a stadium insider" so take it how you will but I'm sure some will be happy with at least one part of that if it turns out to be more than a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Croke Park? They didn’t even fill it the first time and Richie was with them.

Seen this info on Facebook as well but it was on evoke.ie not sure how credible they are either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Irishshin wrote: »
    Croke Park? They didn’t even fill it the first time and Richie was with them.

Seen this info on Facebook as well but it was on evoke.ie not sure how credible they are either

That Evoke article is quoting the Mail on Sunday. Presume that's the paper Fanning was reading too.

Also, in a funny showing of how poor they are, Evoke mark their article as EXCLUSIVE and then reference the Mail on Sunday... That's not how exclusives work folks.

Didnt expect Bon Jovi in Croke Park this time round but it's been a few years since he played here and if he has a strong support lineup it could sell well but then again GNR were tipped to play Croker in 2017 but ended up playing Slane and support at Irish Gigs can be generally ****e ie at the Stones we got the Academic

If I were to guess Bon Jovi will be in May or June with Westlifes 2x being July 5th/6th or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Hopefully not Croker, what’s the story with the RDS is it closing next year for refurb or is that on hold ? If it is open maybe you would see a night or two there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

it'll only sell well if the tickets are priced right and there's savage support, which is what I hope will happen :D

roadmaster wrote: »
    Hopefully not Croker, what’s the story with the RDS is it closing next year for refurb or is that on hold ? If it is open maybe you would see a night or two there

It's on hold. No date yet. I'd say it'll be 2020 at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

roadmaster wrote: »
    what’s the story with the RDS is it closing next year for refurb or is that on hold ?

Two in the Pink playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,364 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bon Jovi in CP....free tickets going galore for that I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mushy wrote: »
    Bon Jovi in CP....free tickets going galore for that I'd say

Yeah ,it would be another Taylor Swift giveaway.
    At their peak Bon Jovi only ever played the RDS or Lansdowne Road.

They'd struggle to sell out 2 nights in the 3arena at the moment.

Advertisement