Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

A-ha posted on twitter that they're playing Dublin in "fall 2019" too.

They're announcing a city a day until November when they do the full announcement with venue details and dates.

I know there was a few in the Electric Picnic thread this year that were disappointed that Cork was the only A-ha show this year. Wouldn't be my kind of thing but there we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Mushy wrote: »
    Bon Jovi in CP....free tickets going galore for that I'd say

I might hold out for them so, I "won" 4 tickets to Taylor Swift a few nights before the show this year but didn't claim them because nobody I knew wanted to go

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭colmufc

Zardoz wrote: »

They'd struggle to sell out 2 nights in the 3arena at the moment.

They would sell out 2 nights there no problem because some people would go to both ,like my partner went to both in the rds and would again if he played 2 nights but Croker is too big

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A-ha posted on twitter that they're playing Dublin in "fall 2019" too.

They're announcing a city a day until November when they do the full announcement with venue details and dates.

I know there was a few in the Electric Picnic thread this year that were disappointed that Cork was the only A-ha show this year. Wouldn't be my kind of thing but there we go!

Hopefully the sound in Dublin will be better than in the Marquee ,it ruined the concert .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,259 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I like having my ticket the day of sale and don't want to wait around to win a ticket (my luck I won't win one lol). Nothing beats peace of mind

I remember got a cheap ticket off Seatwave for Queen at Marley Park during the summer but seatwave are no more

Toutless always handy too pick up cheap tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Know I’m taking a punt here but anybody hardly have a three presale code for picture this that they aren’t using? Daughter driving me mental to see if there’s a way to guarantee tickets for the Saturday night which happens to be her birthday 🙄😂 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Know I’m taking a punt here but anybody hardly have a three presale code for picture this that they aren’t using? Daughter driving me mental to see if there’s a way to guarantee tickets for the Saturday night which happens to be her birthday 🙄😂 thanks
    PM'd as no way it was needed by me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,259 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone else want a code for picture this send me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone else want a code for picture this send me a PM

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Also have a Picture This code if anyone wants.

• Advertisement

boris1234 wrote: »
    Also have a Picture This code if anyone wants.

Could you send it to me please?
    The last poster hasnt sent it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Could you send it to me please?
    The last poster hasnt sent it yet...

PM'd

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

44602287_2140301862723380_1998275491999514624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f3f7f7bab2c94d162280cfdd60c236ed&oe=5C4CC27B

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

44397316_10155977738226089_3800636750871658496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0e4a2ca8a1a120a4b7bf351e1ee1919e&oe=5C44CF2E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Is this playing the album in full thing a bit of a cash cow? I think Bloc Party are doing it too. Just to latch on to people's nostalgia?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is this playing the album in full thing a bit of a cash cow? I think Bloc Party are doing it too. Just to latch on to people's nostalgia?

Yeah big time. A lot of bands are doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭colmufc

Mark knopflerr and his band 3arena 24th may

Yeah big time. A lot of bands are doing it now.

Yes.
    Also some fans may have got into that artist late and missed the tours for their earlier albums so this is a great opportunity for them to see these hits

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

It is a bit of a cash cow, but I don't mind it. Went to a Mew 15th anniversary gig on sat, good chance to see earlier stuff that wouldn't be played on a normal tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Manics aren't short of few bob - this is for the fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

maximoose wrote: »
    It is a bit of a cash cow, but I don't mind it. Went to a Mew 15th anniversary gig on sat, good chance to see earlier stuff that wouldn't be played on a normal tour.

Almost had a heart attack thinking that was Dublin and I'd missed it. Frengers is an incredible album, I'd have loved to have been at that

(Also, I did see them tour it. I feel old!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Swedish House Mafia have confirmed they are reforming and playing a gig in Stockholm.

Tour seems likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Swedish House Mafia have confirmed they are reforming and playing a gig in Stockholm.

Tour seems likely.
    I doubt they'll be back here after the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Almost had a heart attack thinking that was Dublin and I'd missed it. Frengers is an incredible album, I'd have loved to have been at that

(Also, I did see them tour it. I feel old!)

It was fantastic, far far too long since they played Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Qpr123

colmufc wrote: »
    Mark knopflerr and his band 3arena 24th may

Anyone know does he play much Dire Straits these days? Not big into his solo stuff but love Dire Straits!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Qpr123 wrote: »
    Anyone know does he play much Dire Straits these days? Not big into his solo stuff but love Dire Straits!

3-4 tunes. Doesnt play Money for Nothing. Theres no more MOR or AOR than this guy live. None. A lot of people from Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gabrielle playing the Olympia Theatre on March 22nd

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1054336837257490432?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Fleetwood Mac June 13th RDS Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I also have a presale code for picture this if anyone wants it

Edit gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

44397316_10155977738226089_3800636750871658496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0e4a2ca8a1a120a4b7bf351e1ee1919e&oe=5C44CF2E

Anyone else take a while to figure out what month this is on?

Advertisement