Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Manics in the Olympia in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm officially old. I have never even heard this name before.

:confused:

Hoping for a few new acts at LATM next year. Been a while since I was excited about catching someone down there.
    I've seen the name a few times (possibly even played a festival here recently?), but surprised that she's booked to headline the Marquee, isn't that about 5k?
    Her album was only released a few weeks ago and got to no.67 in Ireland, which is surely only a handful of copies....

e: Apparently she played Vicar Street last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

It's ok I'm the same- I haven't a clue who she is!

Me neither...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Know it’s late but anybody hardly got a presale code for westlife with 2 tickets left on it?? Only realized that the max is 4 per code and there’ll be two disappointed kids in my house if I can’t get two more hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

I’ve got a code for one ticket if anyone wants it,I just need to get one with 2 together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm officially old. I have never even heard this name before.

:confused:

Hoping for a few new acts at LATM next year. Been a while since I was excited about catching someone down there.

Not just me then! Playing Iveagh Gardens too. Seems ambitious enough for someone with only the 1 album out!

Yeah would love to see someone like the National come back and play but not sure they would. Think it definitely needs to be livened up a bit. No disrespect to Christy Moore and the Coronas but think more changes would def help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not just me then! Playing Iveagh Gardens too. Seems ambitious enough for someone with only the 1 album out!

Yeah would love to see someone like the National come back and play but not sure they would. Think it definitely needs to be livened up a bit. No disrespect to Christy Moore and the Coronas but think more changes would def help!

Yeah I've got no issue with Christy Moore, the Coronas, etc as they sell. I won't be there but it makes business sense.

The thing is, though, that for years, it seemed that Aiken used to balance those ones that would definitely sell (Coronas, Moore, Imelda May, etc) with one or two seemingly risky shows - Beck, Foals, the National, for example. Some of those were successful, others not.

But for the last few years, since the second National show I think?, there has been less and less of those. It'd be great to throw some cash and get one or two more unusual acts down, though I wouldn't necessarily be expecting it.

At least in 2017, the Opera House filled that void by getting Fleet Foxes, Future Islands, the National, Bon Iver, Ryan Adams, etc but they haven't done as many of those shows this year. Not that all of those guys would necessarily sell the Marquee but it just seems like I had far fewer options this year than in previous years.

Yeah I've got no issue with Christy Moore, the Coronas, etc as they sell. I won't be there but it makes business sense.

The thing is, though, that for years, it seemed that Aiken used to balance those ones that would definitely sell (Coronas, Moore, Imelda May, etc) with one or two seemingly risky shows - Beck, Foals, the National, for example. Some of those were successful, others not.

But for the last few years, since the second National show I think?, there has been less and less of those. It'd be great to throw some cash and get one or two more unusual acts down, though I wouldn't necessarily be expecting it.

At least in 2017, the Opera House filled that void by getting Fleet Foxes, Future Islands, the National, Bon Iver, Ryan Adams, etc but they haven't done as many of those shows this year. Not that all of those guys would necessarily sell the Marquee but it just seems like I had far fewer options this year than in previous years.

Yeah you're right. Did notice that change in Marquee. Guess with Opera House (and Marquee) for US acts in particular, it might depend on tour schedules but did notice less acts like that playing there this year.

I know they've very good Irish acts like All Tvvins and Talos playing this weekend for the jazz alright though.

Think Bon Iver and the National were part of that Sounds from a Safe Harbour festival. Think it's due back again September 2019 so fingers crossed they might play then. Guess that probably rules them out for Marquee in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Mastodon on 15th January in Olympia

Ulster Hall night before too.

Scott Kelly a touring member with them for these shows!

Kvelertek and Mutoid Man supporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah you're right. Did notice that change in Marquee. Guess with Opera House (and Marquee) for US acts in particular, it might depend on tour schedules but did notice less acts like that playing there this year.

I know they've very good Irish acts like All Tvvins and Talos playing this weekend for the jazz alright though.

Think Bon Iver and the National were part of that Sounds from a Safe Harbour festival. Think it's due back again September 2019 so fingers crossed they might play then. Guess that probably rules them out for Marquee in that case!

Yep, SFASH is back for 2019 for sure; would imagine the line up may be changed quite a bit from last time though.

Haven, one of their other fests in Copenhagen, had Arcade Fire, Ariel Pink, Big Thief, Brockhampton, Dirty Projectors, Kraftwerk, Moses Sumney, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and a few others but no Bon Iver or National, though I believe the Dessners were involved in some orchestral work.

As far as I am aware, the PEOPLE fest in Berlin and the Eax Claires one in Wisconsin also went for more of a collaboration vibe than a straight up music festival performance like we saw at SFASH 2017.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some unique performance collaborations but hopefully we get a well known headliner or two too.

And, inevitably, Lisa Hannigan. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Does someone that nobody here has heard of, with one album released not count as risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

First Live at the Marquee announced! Tash Sultana on July 3rd. Isn't Christy usually announced first??!!

:confused::o Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Twinklyeyes

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    I’ve got a code for one ticket if anyone wants it,I just need to get one with 2 together

I would really appreciate that if ifs still available. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

See Country 2 Country is on 8th-10th of March in 3 arena. Should be a good week of music. Mainly just want to see Chris Stapleton live though

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

See Country 2 Country is on 8th-10th of March in 3 arena. Should be a good week of music. Mainly just want to see Chris Stapleton live though

Keith Urban, Chris Stapleton and Lady Antebellum to headline

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

not buying any tickets this week but my god the amount of stuff on sale and a lot would have the same demographics

Picture This/Pink/Westlife/Fleetwood mac

really feel for parents. Promoters have no souls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    not buying any tickets this week but my god the amount of stuff on sale and a lot would have the same demographics

Picture This/Pink/Westlife/Fleetwood mac

really feel for parents. Promoters have no souls

Every year around this time is the same and only gonna be more in the run up to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

Anyone with Little Mix presale code could they send it my way. Looking for chrissie presents for the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Anyone with Little Mix presale code could they send it my way. Looking for chrissie presents for the kids

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

If anyone has a spare presale code for Country 2 Country it be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

If anyone has a spare presale code for Country 2 Country it be much appreciated.

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Little Mix AA1QNLH3H
    C2C AA1NQQAGQ

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CarCrashStufff

Little mix 3 presale about sold out, anyone got the URL or code for the artist presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

According to TV3’s Entertainment Expert some people mightn’t be too keen to see Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham. When the Expert was asked why “she” wouldn’t be touring the so called Entertainment Expert confirmed that “she’s currently in a legal argy-bargy with the band”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

According to TV3’s Entertainment Expert some people mightn’t be too keen to see Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham. When asked “she” wouldn’t be touring the so called Entertainment Expert confirmed that “she’s currently in a legal argy-bargy with the band”.

Lindsey is a guy for a start,

Where's this quote from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Lindsey is a guy for a start,

Where's this quote from?

I know who Lindsey is! Thought I was highlighting that by using the inverted commas.

Interview on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Some entertainment expert but thats what I'd expect from TV3.

A-ha will be playing in November 2019. Few details at the moment but tickets on sale 9th November apparently. Think they played Cork last summer afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I know who Lindsey is! Thought I was highlighting that by using the inverted commas.

Interview on TV3.

TV3, I should have known.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

TV3, I should have known.... ;)

Yeah, you probably should have, since the first 5 words of the post were "According to TV3’s Entertainment Expert".

Advertisement