Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Yeah, you probably should have, since the first 5 words of the post were "According to TV3’s Entertainment Expert".

the orginal post was edited....

and didn't mention that tidbit of info

hence why I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Nathan Carter is playing in Dublin in the Helix on the 31st Jan and 1st Feb.
    He is also playing in Belfast on the 29th March

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Did anyone get a breakdown of the prices for little mix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I know this is the 2019 thread so wasnt sure where to put this beauty which is really taking the piss

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1055132357349531650

Dec 2020 folks .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

He's obviously a slow writer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

MCD tweeting about Bon Jovi again
    Lot of promoters all over Europe have been
    Hopefully dates are released this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Zardoz wrote: »
    I know this is the 2019 thread so wasnt sure where to put this beauty which is really taking the piss

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1055132357349531650

Dec 2020 folks .

That carry on should be banned. Peter Kay is notorious for this. I know someone who bought tickets for a Peter Kay show in the UK thinking it was 9 months away. Went and booked flights and accommodation and discovered it was actually 21 months away.

I think it’s a poor reflection on the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Its hard enough to plan for gigs during the summer next year never mind 2020!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That carry on should be banned. Peter Kay is notorious for this. I know someone who bought tickets for a Peter Kay show in the UK thinking it was 9 months away. Went and booked flights and accommodation and discovered it was actually 21 months away.

It does seem a bit daft but out of curiosity why is it poor reflection on artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Eod100 wrote: »
    It does seem a bit daft but out of curiosity why is it poor reflection on artist?

I can only assume it’s a pure money grab. Get money into an account. You can slap that into a deposit for 12 months and make money for nothing. Even at low interest rates it’d be a sizeavle amount of cash. When tickets for Peter Kay’s 2018/2019 tour went on sale in Jul/Aug17, there was earnings of £60m - all paid up front. That’s earn you a nice amount of interest on 12month fixed term deposit.

I’m sure the promoters get their cut but I place the responsibility of this with the artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I can only assume it’s a pure money grab. Get money into an account. You can slap that into a deposit for 12 months and make money for nothing. Even at low interest rates it’d be a sizeavle amount of cash. When tickets for Peter Kay’s 2018/2019 tour went on sale in Jul/Aug17, there was earnings of £60m - all paid up front. That’s earn you a nice amount of interest on 12month fixed term deposit.

I’m sure the promoters get their cut but I place the responsibility of this with the artist.

I completely disagree with this. It's not a poor reflection on the artist at all.

His tour starts in May 2019 and runs the way through to the Dublin gig in 2020 which is strangely two months after the previous gig on that tour but is the final date.

If you're a big Jimmy Carr fan in Ireland, you'll want to go to his tour and if he doesn't announce that he will get Dublin eventually, a fan would probably travel to see them abroad. If they then see an Irish date announced a few months or a year later for that tour, they'd probably be pretty annoyed that they didn't know he'd actually eventually get around to Dublin.

Agreed that announcing for two years away is mad but there is sound logic to it if the tour does start soon, which it does.

Peter Kay did the same. Irish date announced for 16/17 months away but the tour actually started 4/5 months later. Irrespective of cancellation, if I travelled to see Peter Kay and found he announced a gig for Dublin in the interim, I'd be fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Nathan Carter is playing in Dublin in the Helix on the 31st Jan and 1st Feb.
    He is also playing in Belfast on the 29th March

No Cork Marquee or 3 Arena for him, is he going back to his "Irish Country roots" :p he had got a bit big, pop big

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭colmufc

He's done shows around Ireland either lately or soon, road testing material and then once it's honed and then announce the entire tour so people have a chance to decide if they want to go to a local show or travel ,ya it's a nice little earner to have ticket sales sitting in the bank but generally the artist is paid a holding fee by the promoter and paid in full in the weeks leading up to the gig so essentially the promoter if it sells out sits on the cash not the artist

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Irishshin wrote: »
    MCD tweeting about Bon Jovi again
    Lot of promoters all over Europe have been
    Hopefully dates are released this time around

June, RDS apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Tico Torres mentioned European tour dates for bon Jovi in June/July recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

June, RDS apparently.

croke park id read?

[PHP][/PHP]
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    croke park id read?

An "insider" said it was Croke Park.
    The three dates for CP being Westlife x 2 and Bon Jovi x 1.

Personally I would prefer the RDS, and to me the capacity would make more sense but sure who knows....

dragonfly! wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

An "insider" said it was Croke Park.
    The three dates for CP being Westlife x 2 and Bon Jovi x 1.

Personally I would prefer the RDS, and to me the capacity would make more sense but sure who knows....

Westlife added ten extra dates there this morning including one more in Belfast but no sign of a Croke Park second date yet which is unusual given they've announced all the other added dates.

Maybe they only have one night there...

EDIT: And its been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Comedy gigs seem to be getting crazier and crazier with advance notice. Had a temporary blip there and forgot that 2020 is two years away. Now that is mad - pay a significant chunk of change up front and then hope that you can keep a specific day two years away free. There's being organised and then there's that!

🤪

And night two in Croke Park announced for Westlife on July 6!

• Advertisement

Westlife added ten extra dates there this morning including one more in Belfast but no sign of a Croke Park second date yet which is unusual given they've announced all the other added dates.

Maybe they only have one night there...

EDIT: And its been announced.

2nd date up now

Sorry posted at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd say westlife could do the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

julyjane wrote: »
    Theres only so much torture those residents will put up with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

julyjane wrote: »

They aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

There are still a couple of hundred tickets on ticketmaster for the Friday night gig. The majority are single seats though.

The demand for them doesn’t seem to be as high as other concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There are still a couple of hundred tickets on ticketmaster for the Friday night gig. The majority are single seats though.

The demand for them doesn’t seem to be as high as other concerts.

Much bigger stadium,
    there's huge demand for them,
    sold more than t.swift has

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Much bigger stadium,
    there's huge demand for them,
    sold more than t.swift has

If demand is huge then they would have sold out by now.

Usually when they are said that tickets are sold out you can’t buy any and maybe closer to the time they realease some more. This time however I can go online and buy for either night.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If demand is huge then they would have sold out by now.

Usually when they are said that tickets are sold out you can’t buy any and maybe closer to the time they realease some more. This time however I can go online and buy for either night.

I think TM has changed something there
    I was looking at tickets for Snow Patrol in Belfast and I could buy 1 or 3 seats but not 2.
    It was giving me that option rather than in previous years where it was "sold out"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I've also experienced this with tm. I couldn't get 2 but would buy three. Makes zero sense... but then again it's TM

Advertisement