Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eod100 wrote: »
    What's the capacity of RDS?

Think its about 35000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What's the capacity of RDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

He had trouble selling Slane, that's around 80k. So second date might be a stretch.
    But then again Dublin is handier for people to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

hard to know how it'll sell - there's a lot of concerts for the same few weeks from early June to the beginning of July. much as I'd love to go to them all life gets in the way unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah summer concert season in Ireland is a bit congested alright and most of them are outdoors. It's more to do with laws of the land as some venues have a certain dates only allowed for concerts

Prob go too Bon Jovi but think much of the RDS as a venue. It's grand inside as there's lots of room for food places/drinks etc but the Angelsesa stand is a disgrace and should be long knocked and rebuilt. The new stand is not too bad but the north stand is a bit far away for a concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah summer concert season in Ireland is a bit congested alright and most of them are outdoors. It's more to do with laws of the land as some venues have a certain dates only allowed for concerts

Yeah know that's why some people don't like summer concerts. There's the variables of weather and also sound quality outdoors. Other issue is festival sets usually being shorter than standalone gigs but flipside is getting to catch a few acts in same place, timetable clashes aside! ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

julyjane wrote: »
    Dermot and Dave to announce "massive Take That news" this morning, wonder if it's Croke Park?

I'd like Bon Jovi and love the manics too but it's a bit close to P!nk for people like me who have to travel a long way to get to Dublin

Robbie Williams for CP?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Robbie Williams for CP?

Nah. They just announced that they were giving away tickets for Take That but as Dermot and Dave were meeting Take That in the next few weeks, they'd get Take That to say on air who the winner is.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Prob go too Bon Jovi but think much of the RDS as a venue. It's grand inside as there's lots of room for food places/drinks etc but the Angelsesa stand is a disgrace and should be long knocked and rebuilt. The new stand is not too bad but the north stand is a bit far away for a concert.

Just noticed that Aiken seems light so far on big concerts next year, they had Billy Joel and Ed Sheeran last Summer. Not sure if they have anyone to pull out of the bag for Croker next Summer especially if Aviva not in use for concerts - old Aiken reliable Springsteen maybe?? Or God forbid Mr Brooks although hard to see him settle for less than 5 nights :) maybe they will add another gig in pairc ui chaoimh, I see Aiken has Rod Stewart there in May!

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Just noticed that Aiken seems light so far on big concerts next year, they had Billy Joel and Ed Sheeran last Summer. Not sure if they have anyone to pull out of the bag for Croker next Summer especially if Aviva not in use for concerts - old Aiken reliable Springsteen maybe?? Or God forbid Mr Brooks although hard to see him settle for less than 5 nights :) maybe they will add another gig in pairc ui chaoimh, I see Aiken has Rod Stewart there in May!

Yup I think Springsteen is due a return soon, last gig was 2016 here. Could well do PUC too.

• Advertisement

Yup I think Springsteen is due a return soon, last gig was 2016 here. Could well do PUC too.

All quite on backstreets about him touring in 2019. Possibly taking 2019 off and then do a world tour in 2020 but he is pretty unpredictable

His Broadway show has been going on for over a year now and looks to be finished this Dec

Rolling Stones prob won't play this side of the world again in 2019. Still pretty cool they played here this year and was a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Spice Girls are due a reunion as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Spice Girls are due a reunion as well...

Yeah announced next week. I guess a few nights at 3arena if they come here?

Yeah announced next week. I guess a few nights at 3arena if they come here?

Wonder would they be the 3rd Croke Park?

Wonder would they be the 3rd Croke Park?

Westlife :P

Bon Iver touring next summer. Hopefully a good omen for a September gig in Cork in Sounds from a Safe Harbour festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bon Iver touring next summer. Hopefully a good omen for a September gig in Cork in Sounds from a Safe Harbour festival.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Really interested to see what they do next with SFASH. Loved both years, though the second one certainly had more well known acts that appealed to me.

First time, the National didn't actually play as a unit, just the Dessners popping up in several performances.

This year, PEOPLE in Berlin and Haven in Copenhagen both took different approaches to SHASH last year, as (I think) the Eaux Claires festival did too. Heavy focus on one-off collaboration, etc rather than standard performances so could be something like that too.

Haven was slightly more regular festival but the line up had a few different acts, all of which would be very welcome here - Arcade Fire, Dirty Projectors, Big Thief, Kamasi Washington, Phoebe Bridgers, Unknown Mortal Orchestra - all of which are very much in the National/Bon Iver circle of collaborators. Haven put a big focus on food around the music too, to differentiate it a bit from a typical festival.

What I'm hoping the Bon Iver festival dates mean is new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wonder will Rammstein include Ireland on their upcoming tour. Unlikely I'd say, but be great

First stop on the Garth Brooks stadium tour is St Louis Mo USA on Sat Mar 9th

Very much doubt it will come over here next summer as we prob lack stadiums of his standard or rules of his liking ha

• Advertisement

Fingers and toes crossed.

Really interested to see what they do next with SFASH. Loved both years, though the second one certainly had more well known acts that appealed to me.

First time, the National didn't actually play as a unit, just the Dessners popping up in several performances.

This year, PEOPLE in Berlin and Haven in Copenhagen both took different approaches to SHASH last year, as (I think) the Eaux Claires festival did too. Heavy focus on one-off collaboration, etc rather than standard performances so could be something like that too.

Haven was slightly more regular festival but the line up had a few different acts, all of which would be very welcome here - Arcade Fire, Dirty Projectors, Big Thief, Kamasi Washington, Phoebe Bridgers, Unknown Mortal Orchestra - all of which are very much in the National/Bon Iver circle of collaborators. Haven put a big focus on food around the music too, to differentiate it a bit from a typical festival.

What I'm hoping the Bon Iver festival dates mean is new music.

I didn't get to much of the 1st SFASH but got to the 2nd one which I really enjoyed. I think they had aspects of the PEOPLE festival but nothing major, think it was just a couple of collaborative gigs and then some spontaneous ones.

I'd really like something like Haven, haven't been but line-up looked awesome! Food idea would be great. Could have a few food stalls by Opera House say. Looking forward to seeing what it's like next year!

Ariana Grande has a new album so I assume she will being touring in 2019, a few 3Arena nights or bigger stadium?

David Gray has just announced his new album 'Gold In A Brass Age' along with three Irish dates for his European tour!
    ・April 2 - @BelWaterfront, Belfast
    ・April 4 - @RoyalCastlebar, Mayo
    ・April 5 - @BGETheatre, Dublin

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1057999877832167430

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ariana Grande has a new album so I assume she will being touring in 2019, a few 3Arena nights or bigger stadium?

I thought she was taking time off no?

First stop on the Garth Brooks stadium tour is St Louis Mo USA on Sat Mar 9th

Very much doubt it will come over here next summer as we prob lack stadiums of his standard or rules of his liking ha

I read somewhere there is only 30 stadiums on the tour?
    Sounds like its going to be very US based AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/biggest-80s-90s-disco-dublin-19-10-2019/event/1800555BF96E4AA1
    Anyone see this event? I love 80s/90s music so thinking of going. Would it just be a Dj on the stage and a big huge dance area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rammstein announce a european tour
    playing Stadium MK in Milton Keynes
    only date in uk so far

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

45285476_10156971391104548_7998273181636886528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=1ea23e95e955704c99f8833b38388fa3&oe=5C740E25

I read somewhere there is only 30 stadiums on the tour?
    Sounds like its going to be very US based AGAIN

Would not be surprised if he never tours outside North America

Its prob not worth the hassle if he doesn't get his 5 precious shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

No Irish dates for Rammstein. For the ones considering to travel for a gig, here's some useful info (in German):
    https://www.eventim.de/magazin/rock-pop/feuer-frei-rammstein-gehen-2019-auf-grosse-europatour/

Advertisement