Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭bennyl10

laros wrote: »
    Ahemmm... Can I ask what the above has to do with 2019 Irish Gigs.... ??????

A load of irish people go to featival in the continent
    Also indicate they are touring and may slot in here

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the RDS allocation for 2019 used up now ???

Prob a few big gigs will be announced in time for the Xmas market but can't think who else could there be ??. Don't think Pearl Jam and Foos will tour Europe in 2019 imo but ya never knw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

A load of irish people go to featival in the continent
    Also indicate are touring and may slot in here

Except.... It's not In Ireland ...

Ahhh sure ... I'm Only Buzzing..... Don't be minding me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't think Pearl Jam and Foos will tour Europe in 2019 imo but ya never knw
    Foos in Germany announced weeks ago.

Foos in Germany announced weeks ago.

Ah they could play here then to make a few €€€

Give them the third Croke Park spot they deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Removed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah there's more foreign gigs being posted here at this stage than Irish gigs. I propose another thread for foreign gigs for those who are able to travel.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah there's more foreign gigs being posted here at this stage than Irish gigs. I propose another thread for foreign gigs for those who are able to travel.

The thread title literally says rumours?

Surely a band playing Europe is a rumour and has a chance they may play here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Good chance they will also play Ireland is my guess

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The thread title literally says rumours?

Surely a band playing Europe is a rumour and has a chance they may play here?
    It's not a rumour, it's just that someone happens to be on tour. Rumour is when someone hears that Slane is bokked June 8th, a week later someone hears a rumour that Metallica are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's not a rumour, it's just that someone happens to be on tour. Rumour is when someone hears that Slane is bokked June 8th, a week later someone hears a rumour that Metallica are playing.

It can very easily be made a rumour that a band is in the region and so could possibly play here.

In this case of Vampire Weekend, they're playing Europe next summer so the rumour can be they're playing EP or ATN. Does that fit the criteria for People now?

Backstreet's Back alright! Backstreet Boys have announced a Dublin date as part of their biggest arena tour in 18 years.

The iconic boy band will play 3Arena pm June 11th 2019. Tickets go on sale on Friday November 16th at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Have vampire weekend ever done a headline show here? I know they played oxygen in 2010 and supported arcade fire? But surely they played the academy or something in support of the first album??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Have vampire weekend ever done a headline show here? I know they played oxygen in 2010 and supported arcade fire? But surely they played the academy or something in support of the first album??

I remember them headline longitude on the Saturday in 2013.

Mushy wrote: »
    It can very easily be made a rumour that a band is in the region and so could possibly play here.

In this case of Vampire Weekend, they're playing Europe next summer so the rumour can be they're playing EP or ATN. Does that fit the criteria for People now?
    There's a difference between "I'll just make up a rumour" and "I heard a rumour". Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty that like the speculation. I love this thread as an early warning of upcoming gigs.

It's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine when you read it and think "Ah cool, Vampire Weekend are coming", then read the small print and realise "oh, coming to Spain"

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The Ambassador during the first album tour. One of the shortest gigs I've ever been at.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's a difference between "I'll just make up a rumour" and "I heard a rumour". Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty that like the speculation. I love this thread as an early warning of upcoming gigs.

It's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine when you read it and think "Ah cool, Vampire Weekend are coming", then read the small print and realise "oh, coming to Spain"

That can be fair enough. Maybe the title should include Speculation in it, that may clarify it a bit. Do find it handy seeing what bands are touring, so feel they fit into the thread.

Until people add in bands that announce gigs that doesn't make it likely they'd play here/Europe that is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

To be honest I'd lose all interest in the thread and unfollow if its a rake of posts about bands touring in other countries in between Irish announcements.

The thread is for announcements or genuine rumours of Irish gigs. If the thread starts getting cluttered with chats about some band playing Spain or France it completely loses the point of its existence and becomes clutter.

Make a separate thread about bands touring Europe but not Ireland if needs be.

Merely playing in Europe is not a rumour or speculation. Its just a fact about them playing somewhere not covered by this thread.

• Advertisement

To be honest I'd lose all interest in the thread and unfollow if its a rake of posts about bands touring in other countries in between Irish announcements.

The thread is for announcements or genuine rumours of Irish gigs. If the thread starts getting cluttered with chats about some band playing Spain or France it completely loses the point of its existence and becomes clutter.

Make a separate thread about bands touring Europe but not Ireland if needs be.

Merely playing in Europe is not a rumour or speculation. Its just a fact about them playing somewhere not covered by this thread.

Its had these posts in it all year, and the same with last years thread.

It shows who may be playing here. It won't get cluttered bedauae it hasnt been before, its the occasional post about whos in europe, amd 8 times out of 10, a european tour means there may be a date here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Michael Buble on Thursday,June 6th at the 3Arena,Dublin.

Prices start at €90.50 for Dublin excluding booking fees and facility charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Michael Buble on Thursday,June 6th at the 3Arena,Dublin.

Prices start at €90.50 for Dublin excluding booking fees and facility charge.

I’ve been to a few Michael Buble concerts. He puts on a good show. I didn’t expect him to return to Ireland so soon again after Croke Park. I might have to give him a miss on this occasion as I’ve tickets to Bon Jovi the week after and The Eagles the beginning of July. He’ll more than likely add extra dates to both venues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Seinfeld is doing four shows in London in the summer. Hopefully he comes back to Ireland, like he did the last time he toured the UK.
    First and only time he performed here was 2012.

Buble out of the his Xmas cave I see lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Razorlight playing the Olympia on the 19th of February.

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1061921544077742081?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Buble out of the his Xmas cave I see lol

I thought he had retired .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Dido announces an Irish date:

"Dido is back for her first tour in 15 years! Coming to Dublin's Olympia Theatre on 27 May. #Tickets on sale this Friday http://bit.ly/2QBsWO1"

via Ticketmaster on Facebook

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

St Johns Church line up for Other Voices. Not a spectacular list this year. I guess, given the sponsorship problem this isnt surprising.

Courtney Marie Andrews
    David Keenan
    Gruff RHys
    Jade Bird
    Loah
    Mahalia
    Nakhane
    //
    Whenyoung

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gruff Rhys worth a look.