Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michael Buble on Thursday,June 6th at the 3Arena,Dublin.

Prices start at €90.50 for Dublin excluding booking fees and facility charge.

Just 1 Dublin date and quite an expensive starting price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just 1 Dublin date and quite an expensive starting price

A second will be added .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

St Johns Church line up for Other Voices. Not a spectacular list this year. I guess, given the sponsorship problem this isnt surprising.

Courtney Marie Andrews
    David Keenan
    Gruff RHys
    Jade Bird
    Loah
    Mahalia
    Nakhane
    //
    Whenyoung

I think sponsorship is only a recent thing, and seems to be sponsorship now of the music trail. David Keenan and Loah are quite good, wouldn't know others too well.

Not sure if more will be added but Other Voices Ballina in September seemed to have a stronger line up. Guess a lot of it is down to who's touring Ireland around the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think sponsorship is only a recent thing, and seems to be sponsorship now of the music trail. David Keenan and Loah are quite good, wouldn't know others too well.

Not sure if more will be added but Other Voices Ballina in September seemed to have a stronger line up. Guess a lot of it is down to who's touring Ireland around the time.

There is a lot of talented people on the list, but compared to acts that have played in previous years, it is a big step back

*Rumour* : Below just a rumour so may be nothing in it..

Below acts are playing All Points East in London on 2nd June. Forbidden Fruit usually takes place same weekend of June bank holiday. Could potentially see some of these acts play there or else their own headline show in around same time.

https://twitter.com/stereoboard/status/1062314131540197377

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

*Rumour* : Below just a rumour so may be nothing in it..

Below acts are playing All Points East in London on 2nd June. Forbidden Fruit usually takes place same weekend of June bank holiday. Could potentially see some of these acts play there or else their own headline show in around same time.

https://twitter.com/stereoboard/status/1062314131540197377

There was a good bit of crossover between the two festivals last year. Bon Iver headlined FF in 2017 so can't see him back again so soon. Mac Demarco could be a contender to play one of the nights though.

There was a good bit of crossover between the two festivals last year. Bon Iver headlined FF in 2017 so can't see him back again so soon. Mac Demarco could be a contender to play one of the nights though.

I've my fingers crossed they will be back in September for Sounds from a Safe Harbour and maybe his new project Big Red Machine so would be great if they played either or ideally both! :)

Yeah think FAK, Julien Baker and Mac Demarco have all played here last couple of months but could well be back in the summer. Think Tallest Man On Earth is due a gig here alright as it's been a few years but dunno would he fit in with Forbidden Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I've my fingers crossed they will be back in September for Sounds from a Safe Harbour and maybe his new project Big Red Machine so would be great if they played either or ideally both! :)

Yeah think FAK, Julien Baker and Mac Demarco have all played here last couple of months but could well be back in the summer. Think Tallest Man On Earth is due a gig here alright as it's been a few years but dunno would he fit in with Forbidden Fruit

Caught Big Red Machine last week in NYC.

It's just thrown together and not really reflective of the album. I really wouldn't bother with it. It's like they didn't practice at all. Alot of improvising which didn't pan out.

Inviting other artists to play along while their electric guitars aren't even plugged in to an amp or even a wireless system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the Eaux Claires reviews were similar, for them and various other acts that were collaborating over the weekend, a few even commented that it was their first time playing together. very haphazard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Spice Girls to announce a May Croke Park date soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Robyn announced European tour...no Irish dates.... yet I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Can I ask how you know?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can I ask how you know?

No you cant ask.................... Ah no ive just heard from a reliable source

No you cant ask.................... Ah no ive just heard from a reliable source

:pac:

Wonder why they didn't just announce it with the UK dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Irelandfan1990

Would they have it in them to sell croke park out now was actually surprised to hear they were playing Wembley (not sure how that's sold to date),

Would they have it in them to sell croke park out now was actually surprised to hear they were playing Wembley (not sure how that's sold to date),

Think all 3 nights at Wembley are sold out. Not sure how they would do here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Think all 3 nights at Wembley are sold out. Not sure how they would do here though.

Those dates aren't really sold out .
    They have held back thousands of tickets.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Those dates aren't really sold out .
    They have held back thousands of tickets.

Yeah the usual but they ain't struggling to sell.

Caught Big Red Machine last week in NYC.

It's just thrown together and not really reflective of the album. I really wouldn't bother with it. It's like they didn't practice at all. Alot of improvising which didn't pan out.

Inviting other artists to play along while their electric guitars aren't even plugged in to an amp or even a wireless system.

Ah really, that's disappointing. Yeah you'd think at minimum they would practice

Ah really, that's disappointing. Yeah you'd think at minimum they would practice

I guess they haven't had time. Justin (Bon Iver) was playing in Paris only two nights before the gig. So flights and then having to meet up with Aaron (The National) and others in NYC and then practicing was very rushed.

Lisa Hannigan was also there and they played a PEOPLE song that she wrote. It was lets say.. messy and incoherent.

I'll stick to solo Bon Iver and The National gigs in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

dEUS playing the Academy on 10th May - 20th anniversary tour of The Ideal Crash. Same night as the Manics in the Olympia - there'd surely have been crossover there in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

I've heard this also. Possibility of second gig if first sells well too.

I've heard this also. Possibility of second gig if first sells well too.

What a waste...

Spice girls and then two nights of Westlife.

It'll sell but would rather something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

What a waste...

Spice girls and then two nights of Westlife.

It'll sell but would rather something else.

Croke Park would never get away with having 4 gigs there again next year?

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Croke Park would never get away with having 4 gigs there again next year?

If it is true there won't be a 2nd date.

I don't think 2018 Spice Girls could sell out both when Taylor Swift can't.

That's your three dates.

But what a waste.

Do venues like RDS and Aviva have a limit of number of concerts they can hold like Croke Park?

no, nowhere has a limit on how many concerts it can hold.
    Croke Park can have as many as it likes if it gets applies for and gets a licence, same as anywhere else.
    there have been more than 3 gigs/non-sports events a year at Croke Park a number of times, there were 4 last year....

no, nowhere has a limit on how many concerts it can hold.
    Croke Park can have as many as it likes if it gets applies for and gets a licence, same as anywhere else.
    there have been more than 3 gigs/non-sports events a year at Croke Park a number of times, there were 4 last year....

Ah thought there was something about 3 a year in Croker. So they can in theory but in reality is never more than 4 say?

they have something set up for 3 events automatically getting licences per year, then after those 3 they have to apply for each licence individually, or something like that. The Rolling Stones gig this year had to go through the complete licensing process, Michael Buble (1 gig) and Taylor Swift (2 gigs) had the 3 initial licences.

there were 7 licences granted the Garth Brooks year I think? 2 of the 5 Brooks ones were refused, which would have made 9 non-sporting events, from what I can remember. Brooks cancelled all 5 concerts in the end, so only 4 non-sporting events went ahead that year (3 One Direction and some motorbike show thing?).

• Advertisement

they have something set up for 3 events automatically getting licences per year, then after those 3 they have to apply for each licence individually, or something like that. The Rolling Stones gig this year had to go through the complete licensing process, Michael Buble (1 gig) and Taylor Swift (2 gigs) had the 3 initial licences.

there were 7 licences granted the Garth Brooks year I think? 2 of the 5 Brooks ones were refused, which would have made 9 non-sporting events, from what I can remember. Brooks cancelled all 5 concerts in the end, so only 4 non-sporting events went ahead that year (3 One Direction and some motorbike show thing?).

Wasn't the pope event there this year too. I don't think they even needed a licence for that though.

Advertisement