Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Croke park announcement at 7.45 this morning

Spice girls for Croker !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Friday 24th May - Spice Girls - Croke Park - confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

lambayire wrote: »
    Friday 24th May - Spice Girls - Croke Park - confirmed.

Jaysus H chriost ........
    :confused::(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

mossy464 wrote: »
    This would be unreal. Been wanting a chance to see the Foos after missing them at slane the last time they were here.

Might not be announced till 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What a waste...

Spice girls and then two nights of Westlife.

It'll sell but would rather something else.

What would you rather?

Waste? Delighted things I don't wanna go to end up there tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

What would you rather?

Waste? Delighted things I don't wanna go to end up there tbh :D

Muse/Smashing Pumpkins double headline, or AC/DC/Foo Fighters double headline (or mix and match however you want it)

with support from

Slash or Weezer
    Royal Blood
    Ash

Would fill up croke park either combination.

3 nights of manufactured pop just isn't cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I think Croke park is terrible for a gig so it doesnt bother me when the pop acts get the slots

• Registered Users Posts: 17,001 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Muse/Smashing Pumpkins double headline, or AC/DC/Foo Fighters double headline (or mix and match however you want it)

with support from

Slash or Weezer
    Royal Blood
    Ash

Croke Park will only host a certain type of group/act for concerts there. Its no co-incidence that the likes of them, Springsteen, Ed Sheeran and so on play at GAA stadia.

There's obviously a big difference between Westlife/Spice Girls fans and fans of SP, AC/DC, Foos and thats the type that the GAA want to see coming through the turnstiles for concerts in their venues.

BPKS wrote: »
    Croke Park will only host a certain type of group/act for concerts there. Its no co-incidence that the likes of them, Springsteen, Ed Sheeran and so on play at GAA stadia.

There's obviously a big difference between Westlife/Spice Girls fans and fans of SP, AC/DC, Foos and thats the type that the GAA want to see coming through the turnstiles for concerts in their venues.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Noel Gallagher, Ash, Nickelback, Basement Jaxx, The Vaccines, The Bravery have all played there.

Not to mention the grandfathers of rock and roll 'The Rolling Stones' ; so I can't see the conspiricay against certain other tastes of music being at play here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

threein99 wrote: »
    I think Croke park is terrible for a gig so it doesnt bother me when the pop acts get the slots

Slane and itself are the two worst venues in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very disappointing series of shows for Croke Park for 2019 but at least the fans of the band's will be happy

After the great Rolling Stones concert there this year, there's not many band's that I can see in Croke Park that I haven't seen play there or in another venue. Garth Brooks is still on my bucket list which is pretty empty thankfully and is being refilled again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Kamasi Washington playing the Olympia on 3rd March - on sale already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,763 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

bkrangle wrote: »
    Kamasi Washington playing the Olympia on 3rd March - on sale already

Ooh might try get to that. Worth it just for that Truth jamarooni.

Some of the new album is a bit Ron Burgundy mind you

with support from

Slash or Weezer
    Royal Blood
    Ash

Yup very unrealistic propositions so Muse and Smashing Pumpkins I happen to be a fan of both but is there much of a cross over there?, SP couldn't sell out Wembley arena so quite sure they have no business donning any sort of headline tag in a stadium.

AC/DC and the Foo Fighters makes zero sense, tickets for either are what €100? Why would promoters put them together at I'm assuming a similar price, either that or you've got an even more ludicrously expensive ticket to watch dots for many in a f#cking stadium!

Yup very unrealistic propositions so Muse and Smashing Pumpkins I happen to be a fan of both but is there much of a cross over there?, SP couldn't sell out Wembley arena so quite sure they have no business donning any sort of headline tag in a stadium.

AC/DC and the Foo Fighters makes zero sense, tickets for either are what €100? Why would promoters put them together at I'm assuming a similar price, either that or you've got an even more ludicrously expensive ticket to watch dots for many in a f#cking stadium!

You said yourself you like both bands (as do I) of course there can be crossover.

If you read the post I said you can mix and match headliners.

Croke Park has capacity of over 80000 so conservative estimate you could pull in 7+ million to be split between band and running costs.

Yes smashing pumpkins didn't sell out Wembley hence why I mentioned double headliner.

Finally I was responding to a question from another poster of who I'd like to see so my answer doesn't have to play to whatever rules you're setting in your own head.

If the money lineup and atmosphere is right bands play and people pay for concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,001 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Noel Gallagher, Ash, Nickelback, Basement Jaxx, The Vaccines, The Bravery have all played there.

Not to mention the grandfathers of rock and roll 'The Rolling Stones' ; so I can't see the conspiricay against certain other tastes of music being at play here.

Dont think they will be having the RHCP back.

Rolling Stones fans are hardly going to be on the "rowdy" side.

And its not a conspiracy theory.

You said yourself you like both bands (as do I) of course there can be crossover.

If you read the post I said you can mix and match headliners.

Croke Park has capacity of over 80000 so conservative estimate you could pull in 7+ million to be split between band and running costs.

Yes smashing pumpkins didn't sell out Wembley hence why I mentioned double headliner.

Finally I was responding to a question from another poster of who I'd like to see so my answer doesn't have to play to whatever rules you're setting in your own head.

If the money lineup and atmosphere is right bands play and people pay for concerts.

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying Muse,AC/DC and Foos are all bands who would drag 40k and above and at their own shows here @ around 100 notes a ticket, why on earth would promoters pair those bands together it would clearly affect profitability.

A co headliner is a headline tag, it signifies both bands getting equal set length, can you guarantee casual fans which is what these big events rely on are all showing up for SP for instance or will they be playing in a not so full stadium while people not too fussed about them grab another jar in the boozer? I don't ever recall a co-headline being done in a stadium here either.

It was me who asked the question you who you'd like to see! ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very disappointing series of shows for Croke Park for 2019 but at least the fans of the band's will be happy

After the great Rolling Stones concert there this year, there's not many band's that I can see in Croke Park that I haven't seen play there or in another venue. Garth Brooks is still on my bucket list which is pretty empty thankfully and is being refilled again lol

I think the Garth ship may have sailed, thought he would be back this year or next year but no sign of it & only talking about 3 year stadium tour in the US starting next year. Apparently tried to come back this year but if he is clinging on to hope of 5 gigs in Croke Park its highly unlikely!! Unless Aiken tries to do a Springsteen or Sheeran Ireland tour with him but hard to see him buying that, likes his own way as history shows!

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying Muse,AC/DC and Foos are all bands who would drag 40k and above and at their own shows here @ around 100 notes a ticket, why on earth would promoters pair those bands together it would clearly affect profitability.

A co headliner is a headline tag, it signifies both bands getting equal set length, can you guarantee casual fans which is what these big events rely on are all showing up for SP for instance or will they be playing in a not so full stadium while people not too fussed about them grab another jar in the boozer? I don't ever recall a co-headline being done in a stadium here either.

It was me who asked the question you who you'd like to see! ;):pac:

ha yeah I guess it was you who asked me. Could have used some coffee yesterday evening. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Foo's are doing the RDS i hope they bring over Weezer with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭colmufc

BPKS wrote: »

The gaa don't care who plays there as long as they get paid
    The rock crowd tend to be more respectful of the areas there in after concerts where as dozens of drunk women leaving the pop shows I've seen in Croker don't give 2 shots, the acdc show in punchestown had the best crowd I've ever seen the ed sheeran one in cork last summer was the absolute worst of the worst with drunk groups of women and rowdy teens after the show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

colmufc wrote: »
    The gaa don't care who plays there as long as they get paid
    The rock crowd tend to be more respectful of the areas there in after concerts where as dozens of drunk women leaving the pop shows I've seen in Croker don't give 2 shots, the acdc show in punchestown had the best crowd I've ever seen the ed sheeran one in cork last summer was the absolute worst of the worst with drunk groups of women and rowdy teens after the show
    Comparing ACDC to Ed Sheeran fans.....

You're basically just saying old people are better behaved than young people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mike Skinner confirmed that the Streets will be doing festivals next year , Could see them either doing FF or a slot at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭colmufc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Comparing ACDC to Ed Sheeran fans.....

You're basically just saying old people are better behaved than young people.

Absolutely nothing to do with age if I was to compare foo fighters fans and take that fans I would say the foo fans are much better behaved ,sure they will always be a few drinks buts at the take that show I was at there would be swarms of drunk women not just in the venue but before the show they would be pissed and there still let into the venue, generally rock fans no matter the age are better behaved and more respectful of the venue and local area than the 16+ heavily female crowds at pop concerts

Foos confirmed for Belfast

And Dublin
    21st August ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

dragonfly! wrote: »
    And Dublin
    21st August ....

RDS???

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Greg81 wrote: »
    RDS???

yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

handy date, far away from all the June dates.

Advertisement