Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,253 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ok promoters no more tickets please til after Xmas

2019 so far
    Ozzy/Judas priest
    Metallica
    Bon Jovi
    Eagles
    Foo fighters

Not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Qpr123

Anyone know how to access Foo Fighters presale?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Oh good point , forgot about FF. But FF dont announce till after the new year i think so even if they confirmed 1 or 2 headliners for ATN along with a few mid tier acts just to get the cash coming in for xmas

Yeah would definitely make sense but no sign of any rumblings yet so would imagine it might not be until spring next year I'd say. Doesn't seem to be many festivals that do line-up announcements this side of Christmas. Think Indiependence and Sea Sessions like you say could be exceptions. With EP say earlybirds are gone and waiting til new year to release new tickets so guess there's no incentive til then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lambayire wrote: »
    Friday 24th May - Spice Girls - Croke Park - confirmed.

Their ad is so cringey

• Registered Users Posts: 38,253 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got 2 Michael Buble tickets in the 3 pre sale dis Morning for a family member.

€325.70 for 2 😯😯😲😲😲

Thank God I'm not paying that

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

PTH2009 wrote: »

€325.70 for 2 😯😯😲😲😲

Thank God I'm not paying that[/quote

Hard to credit when he proclaims to love his Irish fans!!! Saw him at croke park last summer and think ticket was about 90. I see they are either 129 or 155 for 3arena next June. Hard to credit as his stage production is not out of the ordinary - he is obviously making up for lost revenue while being off due to his sons ill health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Their ad is so cringey

Everytime I hear it I wish I could go... alas funds do not allow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭Zardoz

€325.70 for 2 ����������

Thank God I'm not paying that

I had a quick look ,he is looking for 163 euro for upper level seats ,thats extortion.
    The guy is no Frank Sinatra .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,857 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Hard to credit when he proclaims to love his Irish fans!!! Saw him at croke park last summer and think ticket was about 90. I see they are either 129 or 155 for 3arena next June. Hard to credit as his stage production is not out of the ordinary - he is obviously making up for lost revenue while being off due to his sons ill health.

He's always been an expensive act. I think the suggestion that he's making up for lost revenue is way way off and a bit of a cynical way to look at it. Also they were 140 per ticket in the category one seats last year in Croke Park so it's on par with them.

Gigs like Pink, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Andrea Bocelli, Ennio Morricone etc. have the same pricing band for seating and for the RDS gigs, that's even in a stadium not designed with great seating like the 3Arena.

Gig prices are just going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

He's always been an expensive act. I think the suggestion that he's making up for lost revenue is way way off and a bit of a cynical way to look at it. Also they were 140 per ticket in the category one seats last year in Croke Park so it's on par with them.

Gigs like Pink, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Andrea Bocelli, Ennio Morricone etc. have the same pricing band for seating and for the RDS gigs, that's even in a stadium not designed with great seating like the 3Arena.

Would agree gig prices going up but EUR129 minimum for seats at the back of the 3arena is OTT in my opinion for someone who regularly gigs here, they even repeated the doc on TV last night to generate sales again, prob given the prices & fact he was only here last Summer and had big crowd at Croke Park. At least there are some allowances for seats further back / restricted views in some outdoor venues. Turning into a bit of a cash grab by some artists at this stage, when you see acts like Westlife & Spice Girls selling tickets for an 80k venue when they haven't given one live performance this year let alone the last few years or even realeased a single this year yet the mind boggles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If Foo's are doing the RDS i hope they bring over Weezer with them :)

Weezer announced for a London show on June 29th before Hamburg on July 2nd.

David Gray for Live at the Marquee Cork on 7 July 2019

Weezer announced for a London show on June 29th before Hamburg on July 2nd.

Is there a chance Weezer could support Foos? They did in Australia at the start of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭Zardoz

He isn't in the league of any of the other acts you mentioned ,he is a two bit crooner .

Anyway his UK gigs are priced £62.45 - £96.50 including the Hydro in Glasgow which is a similar capacity to the 3Arena.
    So charging £96.50 there for a ticket and 155 euro in Dublin is a huge markup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Qpr123 wrote: »
    Is there a chance Weezer could support Foos? They did in Australia at the start of the year

I'd say given the date in London chances are extremely unlikely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Weezer standalone dublin date please Santa

Fortyjocks wrote: »

€325.70 for 2 ����������

Thank God I'm not paying that[/quote

Is it all seated?

That is pretty expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Just been on looking at the MB tickets myself too. I know the general sale is tomorrow but I've decided I won't be bothering. Even though both the GF and I like him, I'd rather pay for 2 nights away and listen buy his new album than buy 2 tickets for seats in the 3 arena where you'd hardly get to see him. **** that.

• Advertisement

Tears For Fears at the INEC Killarney on the 30th of January 2019

@kcshowcork
    Big outdoor summer gig for #Cork is coming, hear the announcement and line up with myself and Ross on @Corks96FM Monday 8.45AM

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

The word "lineup" makes it sound like a festival of some sort doesn't it?
    Any chance it could be someone like Westlife or The Spice Girls at PUC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

too late no one has any money left!

I'm intrigued I wonder is it a standalone gig or another night for someone who's already announced for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wild guess would be Hozier or Picture This for some reason.

Dream one for me would be Weezer in Musgrave Park though. Think they may do the marquee though

when they say "line-up" it suggests a few acts, possibly piggy backing on the success of Féile in Thurles last year. When Aslan said a few weeks ago they'd be playing in cork did they specifically say the marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

julyjane wrote: »
    when they say "line-up" it suggests a few acts, possibly piggy backing on the success of Féile in Thurles last year. When Aslan said a few weeks ago they'd be playing in cork did they specifically say the marquee?

Yep 100% when at their gig in Bantry.Thought it would be announced by now being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

julyjane wrote: »

I was only thinking of headliners, but that could be a good call too. Nice to see more shows coming this way though

Yep 100% when at their gig in Bantry.Thought it would be announced by now being honest.
    thanks I'd like to see them in the marquee I must look at the other LATM dates and see can I guess. I saw them last year at the Liverpool feis and was hoping they'd be back there but nothing has been announced for that yet either

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Wild guess would be Hozier or Picture This for some reason.

Dream one for me would be Weezer in Musgrave Park though. Think they may do the marquee though

Yea the first band that popped into my head was Picture This.

For selfish reasons i hope Weezer do Dublin too but if not i suppose my first trip to Marquee will be for them :)

Advertisement