Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'm going to go for the longshot and say I hope it's the smashing pumpkins. unlikely but I can keep dreaming until I hear otherwise

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MCD
    Stay tuned - Big News coming tomorrow morning

46526174_10157027879809548_3573163308506677248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=898c41b9c1025c7807d60e3b6f1f6045&oe=5C73CF4C

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Who's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I think it's Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Thank god I'm not the only person thinking 'who is the T-shirt model supposed to be?'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Rfrip

He’s one of the guys in the Netflix remake of queer eye I think!?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

MCD

Who the fùck is that guy

Rfrip wrote: »
    He’s one of the guys in the Netflix remake of queer eye I think!?

Yea looking at the comments on fb it looks like he is some from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 38,252 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MCD

Who's he ?

• Advertisement

The Corona's have a big announcement tomorrow too. Could just be there usual Live at the Marquee date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Jack o rourke has on his Facebook that there’s something exciting to be announced tomorrow, imagine that’s part of the red fm one 2m

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

julyjane wrote: »
    when they say "line-up" it suggests a few acts, possibly piggy backing on the success of Féile in Thurles last year. When Aslan said a few weeks ago they'd be playing in cork did they specifically say the marquee?

Think you could be on to something here. Maybe Feile style festival in PUC?

Picture This
    Hozier
    Gavin James
    The Corona's

Just a guess

☆ The Coronas + special guests:
    ★ Sigrid & All Tvvins
    :: Sat June 22nd :: Irish Independent Park, Cork

➣➣ Tickets on sale this Friday 9:00am via Ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The Coronas
    With special guests Sigrid and All Tvvins

Irish Independent Park, Saturday, June 22nd.

Tickets on sale Friday from €49.50.

The Coronas

Massive gig announcement ???

These lads so love touring I have too say that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Frees up a slot in the marquee anyway

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Massive gig announcement ???

These lads so love touring I have too say that

Yeah I wouldn't describe this as massive but the radio shows always big up any sort of announcement that they can make.

That said, people seem very excited about Sigrid so I'd say this will sell well.

Still waiting on a single gig that I want to go next year, though. Fingers crossed for something a bit more unusual in the Marquee next summer after a few safe years from Aiken.

The Coronas

Wonder are they support slots? Or a bit longer sets and make it all day festival? Not sure there's a huge overlap of fans of all three but they're all decent acts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

hozier and Maggie Rodgers @ Ormeau Park

Belfast Thurs June 27th

Stormzy @ Ormeau Park Belfast Thurs 20th june

Belsonic

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wonder are they support slots? Or a bit longer sets and make it all day festival? Not sure there's a huge overlap of fans of all three but they're all decent acts

It's advertising them as "special guests" rather than support but I'm not sure if that actually means anything in practice.

I could see the doors being 3/4pm given that it's a Saturday, with another act on from 4.30 or 5 for half an hour (someone like Stephanie Rainey or Wild Youth?) then 45-60 minutes each for All Tvvins and Sigrid and then 90 for the Coronas. Based on nothing other than poster placement and the fact that Sigrid and All Tvvins only have an album each at present (though I think All Tvvins will have a second by then) so they wouldn't have material for more.

I think I read on twitter that Sigrids headline show in the Olympia (I think) recently only lasted about 60 minutes as she doesn't have more material than that so would expect the same here.

It's advertising them as "special guests" rather than support but I'm not sure if that actually means anything in practice.

I could see the doors being 3/4pm given that it's a Saturday, with another act on from 4.30 or 5 for half an hour (someone like Stephanie Rainey or Wild Youth?) then 45-60 minutes each for All Tvvins and Sigrid and then 90 for the Coronas. Based on nothing other than poster placement and the fact that Sigrid and All Tvvins only have an album each at present (though I think All Tvvins will have a second by then) so they wouldn't have material for more.

I think I read on twitter that Sigrids headline show in the Olympia (I think) recently only lasted about 60 minutes as she doesn't have more material than that so would expect the same here.

Yeah that all makes sense. And for the price too. Guess if it was Marquee, Coronas would be €35 or thereabouts. Obviously scaled up with the capacity (guess 5k vs 10k for Musgrave Park).

All Tvvins are playing National Arena in April so guess they will have new album by then. Maybe Sigrid will have a new one by November for 3Arena gig, but June could be too early alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

I was at Sigrid's show at the Olympia it lasted about an hour and 10 minutes. Flew by. Saying that she was very good and will more than likely have an album out before June 2019. Sounds like a good lineup would love to see Coronas but only so many gigs I can go to.

Here's the Jack O Rourke, announcement. Added to Other Voices. Thought line up looked a bit on the light side alright. https://twitter.com/JackORourkes/status/1067110277978705920?s=19

The National announced for a gig in Manchester in July???. Wonder will we get another show next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

The National announced for a gig in Manchester in July???. Wonder will we get another show next summer

Maybe the Marquee Cork? Maybe All Together Now in Waterford either? They can't possibly do another Dublin gig so soon.

lc180 wrote: »
    Maybe the Marquee Cork? Maybe All Together Now in Waterford either? They can't possibly do another Dublin gig so soon.

Yea they would be perfect for ATN

Yea they would be perfect for ATN

I'm hoping they play Sounds From A Safe Harbour in Cork in September. (If I say it enough times it might happen..:P) Think with it being indoors its better sound but then flipside is less capacity so swings and roundabouts I guess.

Think last few times they've played here its been with Aiken (Marquee) and most recently Donnybrook Arena so would be suprised if they went with POD for ATN. Half thinking could they do a gig in Musrgrave Park as a step up from Marquee but think that's an MCD yoke.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they play Sounds From A Safe Harbour in Cork in September. (If I say it enough times it might happen..:P) Think with it being indoors its better sound but then flipside is less capacity so swings and roundabouts I guess.

Think last few times they've played here its been with Aiken (Marquee) and most recently Donnybrook Arena so would be suprised if they went with POD for ATN. Half thinking could they do a gig in Musrgrave Park as a step up from Marquee but think that's an MCD yoke.

True but some acts do work with different promoters , I know the last time Bon Jovi played the RDS it was with Aiken but the last few times has been with MCD and Kasabian were mostly MCD but did Forbidden Fruit a few years ago

Advertisement