Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

True but some acts do work with different promoters , I know the last time Bon Jovi played the RDS it was with Aiken but the last few times has been with MCD and Kasabian were mostly MCD but did Forbidden Fruit a few years ago

Fair shout. I'd like if they played there too, think it would be a great fit. Saw them at Longitude a few years back but think ATN would be perfect. Think Forbidden Fruit is more towards electronic stuff lately so besides EP, think ATN would probably be most likely of places if they're on the festival circuit here. Or guess could do another standalone gig too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eod100 wrote: »
    Fair shout. I'd like if they played there too, think it would be a great fit. Saw them at Longitude a few years back but think ATN would be perfect. Think Forbidden Fruit is more towards electronic stuff lately so besides EP, think ATN would probably be most likely of places if they're on the festival circuit here. Or guess could do another standalone gig too

Unless they do a Belfast show either?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Slash with Myles K & Conspirators/Blackberry Smoke/Screaming Eagles announced for Belsonic, Wed June 12.

46891386_10157286372899369_4913693923815194624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=87080ee506bf3e7ea8fdb45c2c9d41d3&oe=5C6F4ECF

46830870_10156706243224223_3816419132186820608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0c6f5eda90b6eb7e4e624409dc9934fa&oe=5C6EA9EE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭budgemook

Sigrid again!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Sigrid must be moving to Ireland for the summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,252 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Sigrid must be moving to Ireland for the summer!!

Moving in with Chic and Nile Rodgers lol

I wonder will Slash and Co and a Dublin show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

budgemook wrote: »
    Sigrid again!

Bit of a trek from Bundoran to Cork or vice versa on the one weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Moving in with Chic and Nile Rodgers lol

I wonder will Slash and Co and a Dublin show

wouldn't surprise me if they were added to the Slane lineup

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    wouldn't surprise me if they were added to the Slane lineup

be nice but there in Germany or somwhere that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭bennyl10

be nice but there in Germany or somwhere that weekend

They're at rock am, but they could the fri and sunday there, while slane on the saturday..

MCD need to add someone to slane.. they'd fit at least!

They're at rock am, but they could the fri and sunday there, while slane on the saturday..

crazy travel but not impossible

yeah they would fit perfect but MCD will prob go cheap and add the Academic or some other irish band

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's two fests in Germany so the likelihood of coming to Ireland inbetween those is slim to none!

Despite the amount of bands around, it's hard to guess at who will be added. Don't see many bands who would fit the main support and still shift numerous tickets

Ya logistically it would be stupidity a support slot in Ireland sandwiched between two German dates only to return to the Island days later for a headline show in Belfast? Rule it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Wilco have just announced European dates in June. No Irish ones yet but can't see them not playing here.

Would they fill the Marquee? Maybe not. Another two-night stand at Vicar Street, as they have done before on a couple of occasions, would be great, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mrk75 wrote: »
    Wilco have just announced European dates in June. No Irish ones yet but can't see them not playing here.

Would they fill the Marquee? Maybe not. Another two-night stand at Vicar Street, as they have done before on a couple of occasions, would be great, though...

Oooh that would be lovely. Tweedy touring in the US until mid April and then they're back to the US for their Solid Sound festival late June so they'll have to squeeze in a few dates in Europe assuming he takes a week or two off after the solo tour. Which he may not. Their touring schedule is usually quite erratic.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

The Nal wrote: »
    Oooh that would be lovely. Tweedy touring in the US until mid April and then they're back to the US for their Solid Sound festival late June so they'll have to squeeze in a few dates in Europe assuming he takes a week or two off after the solo tour. Which he may not. Their touring schedule is usually quite erratic.

2f69e5f1-dba3-4191-b758-96f81b07b19c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭rednik

Toto live at the Marquee on Sat 15th June, tickets on sale Weds 05th Dec.

rednik wrote: »
    Toto live at the Marquee on Sat 15th June, tickets on sale Weds 05th Dec.

Love to go but have Bon Jovi in the RDS that night

Bloody clashes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hugh Jackman accompanied by a live orchestra on the 30th of May 2019 at 3 Arena Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hugh Jackman accompanied by a live orchestra on the 30th of May 2019 at 3 Arena Dublin

I saw that - it will be interesting to see if that will sell out. He is will able to sing alrite but can he sell out the 3 Arena I wonder!

TheJet wrote: »
    I saw that - it will be interesting to see if that will sell out. He is will able to sing alrite but can he sell out the 3 Arena I wonder!

Be cool to see a Hollywood legend in person. A real 'i saw him in person' thing. It will sell well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TheJet wrote: »

I think he will sell out fast, anyone have an idea of ticket prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think he will sell out fast, anyone have an idea of ticket prices?

Well, I think myself they could be €70plus - it will be very unlikey they will be any cheaper, but then again I could be surprised.

Just the price of tickets is gone absolutley crazy....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OMG OMG OMG an A-lister singing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Be cool to see a Hollywood legend in person. A real 'i saw him in person' thing.

24e48d5ca61acb4b5bd39413110d899e2067901ba27c03df5643662dd34f889a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Be cool to see a Hollywood legend in person. A real 'i saw him in person' thing. It will sell well I think
    Didn't Russel Crowe play Olympia recently with his band?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Didn't Russel Crowe play Olympia recently with his band?

think so and Keifer Sutherland played Academy too i think

didnt go to either myself

• Advertisement

Yeah and David Duchovny is playing the Academy in February :pac:

Advertisement