Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

53891097_2078316172206320_5076192826048380928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e5d8c18f7675a751784fa10ca473822b&oe=5D0F791B

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

Wherever Eddie goes I'll go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

maximoose wrote: »
    Honestly, I've been to a lot of gigs in the UK over the last few years and as bad as gigs in Ireland are - it's a whole different breed of arsehole over there

This. Some serious amount of romanticising going on here about UK crowds. Friends from the UK have come over here for gigs and have praised Dublin crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

This. Some serious amount of romanticising going on here about UK crowds. Friends from the UK have come over here for gigs and have praised Dublin crowds

yeah, I've met lots of english groups at Primavera over the years and generally to be avoided or at least bring earplugs, jesus they love to talk sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Electric Picnic Lineup is piss poor anyway Hozier 1975 Strokes and Florence and the machiene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Electric Picnic Lineup is piss poor anyway Hozier 1975 Strokes and Florence and the machiene

As we suspected the promoters felt no need to get decent headliners due to having all the money in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »
    As we suspected the promoters felt no need to get decent headliners due to having all the money in the bag.

Whatever about Hozier and 1975 wouldn't think the Strokes and FATM are exactly the cheapest headlines out there tbf! Line-up usually planned in advance anyways, doubt it selling out in advance makes a huge difference tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The lineup is entirely subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

threein99 wrote: »
    The lineup is entirely subjective.

Yeah the EP line ups of the past mostly wouldn't really appeal to me, so it's no surprise it doesn't again but surely it certainly caters to those who'd attend the last couple if it doesn't I'd suggest maybe quit buying tickets without knowing the line up.

Yeah the EP line ups of the past mostly wouldn't really appeal to me, so it's no surprise it doesn't again but surely it certainly caters to those who'd attend the last couple if it doesn't I'd suggest maybe quit buying tickets without knowing the line up.

If you want to go to it you have to buy the tickets in advance or theyll sell out so they have got you to a certain degree. So if you dont buy a ticket and the lineups good your screwed and if you do have one and its **** then your in the same situation the fact it sold out in advance means they could of added anyone to the bill that lineup isnt worth €205 at all considering Kings Of Leon , Childish Gambino , Black Keys are all free around that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

If you want to go to it you have to buy the tickets in advance or theyll sell out so they have got you to a certain degree. So if you dont buy a ticket and the lineups good your screwed and if you do have one and its **** then your in the same situation the fact it sold out in advance means they could of added anyone to the bill that lineup isnt worth €205 at all considering Kings Of Leon , Childish Gambino , Black Keys are all free around that time

If you have a ticket and it's sold out you could easily sell it to someone for face value. Not a fan of festivals selling out tickets before line-up is announced but it's the way it is unfortunately. There's usually a very limited presale for tickets 3 customers. Guess being able to offload an unwanted ticket is easier than paying over the odds for a wanted ticket if it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

EP is a good weekend, but the 1975 seem to be playing all the time. I don't know Hoziers new album but would not be a fan of him live in the past. Florence and the machine are good live. I'm not a fan, but they/she can belt it out.
    The Strokes... Nope.

Echo & The Bunnymen is kinda funny being so far down, where a few years ago they would have been a headline heritage act.
    Nothing stands out at all for me on that lineup. Festival Republic may be looking at setting up other festivals to dominate summer, as this seems to be focused on the event over the acts (for the price).
    I won't miss this, I'm no longer saddened to say it. Good weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pitchforks review of Hoziers new album is amusing.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/hozier-wasteland-baby/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The Nal wrote: »
    Pitchforks review of Hoziers new album is amusing.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/hozier-wasteland-baby/

*honest*

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Just seen this on twitter - Eddie Vedder will play 3Arena on 3 July with special guest Glen Hansard. Tickets on sale 22nd March.

Just seen this on twitter - Eddie Vedder will play 3Arena on 3 July with special guest Glen Hansard. Tickets on sale 22nd March.

Thought it would never be announced waiting weeks for it

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Thought it would never be announced waiting weeks for it

Was on tenterhooks meself - just hope to get tickets now! :D

Was on tenterhooks meself - just hope to get tickets now! :D

If your on three youll have no hassle would it be majority seating with a tiny portion standing like the bluesfest setup i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

It's fully seated

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Teenage Fanclub in Belfast on 2 May:

https://cqaf.ticketsolve.com/shows/873604287

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

mrk75 wrote: »
    Teenage Fanclub in Belfast on 2 May:

https://cqaf.ticketsolve.com/shows/873604287

No Gerard Love, though. :(

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Sadly not, no. A whole chunk of songs we'll not hear unfortunately....

Anyone have any idea what the prices are for Eddie Vedder i know it starts off at 69.50 but ive been seeing on forums that hes charging in the region 100's for a ticket in some sections

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone have any idea what the prices are for Eddie Vedder i know it starts off at 69.50 but ive been seeing on forums that hes charging in the region 100's for a ticket in some sections

Probably a handful of seats for the €69.50 price

Afaik it's all seated and they close seats will prob cost €150+

Not sure what price I'd go for but not going for the top level

Have too count those bastard fees and €1 venue fee too

Yeah **** that no artist is worth 150 same.story with Elton John he charged way too much money for tickets. This is becoming a new trend where artists are charging enormous sums to see them and adding different price levels for how close you are. Ill be buying them as a mothers day present but like yourself ill have a limit to what id be willing to pay. Ive no doubt he will sell the place out though

Yeah **** that no artist is worth 150 same.story with Elton John he charged way too much money for tickets. This is becoming a new trend where artists are charging enormous sums to see them and adding different price levels for how close you are. Ill be buying them as a mothers day present but like yourself ill have a limit to what id be willing to pay. Ive no doubt he will sell the place out though

Agree nowadays the norm for a decent seat Is over €100 for most bands

Personally dont mind being up the very back row and paying a cheaper price. The views are good anywhere in the 3arena bar the very corners. Saw Def Leppard last Dec from the last row of Block L and the view was amazing and think it was Cat 2 price

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Probably a handful of seats for the €69.50 price

Afaik it's all seated and they close seats will prob cost €150+

Not sure what price I'd go for but not going for the top level

Have too count those bastard fees and €1 venue fee too

10c tix are 246 dollars per pair in the best seats, so it's probably bout 100e max

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mushy wrote: »
    10c tix are 246 dollars per pair in the best seats, so it's probably bout 100e max

€68.50 - €98.50 plus fees

Let's hope were not in for a land come Wednesday - Friday when there on sale. I'd hate to think now that hes going to be charging Elton John / Bublé prices cause I can't see how he could possibly justify charging those prices considering the overheads for one of his shows is tiny in comparison to other artists considering it's just himself and a guitar with a screen behind him. I wouldnt be at all surprised if he adds another date cause I can see it selling out fairly quickly

• Advertisement

Let's hope were not in for a land come Wednesday - Friday when there on sale. I'd hate to think now that hes going to be charging Elton John / Bublé prices cause I can't see how he could possibly justify charging those prices considering the overheads for one of his shows is tiny in comparison to other artists considering it's just himself and a guitar with a screen behind him. I wouldnt be at all surprised if he adds another date cause I can see it selling out fairly quickly

Payed €103.60 last year too see Pearl Jam in London and they had no support and nothing too spectacular for their stage

Glen Hansard is a big enough deal as support and would cost a pretty penny I'd guess

Advertisement