Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Well in fairness there's sections of Block A with a very small angle offset from the stage and then there's others with a great view.

Doors open at 6.30pm according to my ticket??? What time would you think people should aim to arrive? Is there any support act on before hand would you think?

Would like to be there in plenty of time and soak up a bit of atmosphere but not stuck sat in a seat patiently for 3 hours before the show!

Glenn Hansard is the support... he'll probably be on after 7.. Eddie at 8.30 is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Would like to be there in plenty of time and soak up a bit of atmosphere but not stuck sat in a seat patiently for 3 hours before the show!

Just spend all the extra time queuing for the poster - easy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The Killers playing Belfast on June 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The Killers playing Belfast on June 25th

That Belsonic Festival looks class Stormzy, Slash , Ezra and now The Killers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

David Blaine announced a date in the 3Arena for 8 June. Tickets on sale on Friday next week.

Yet another event I'd like to go to but which falls on June 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Yeah i dont know what they were thinking having Metallica and The Cure on the same day let alone this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Machine Head

7th Nov - Telegraph Building, Belfast
    8th Nov - Olympia Theatre, Dublin

Shows in 2 parts...Part 1 career spanning set, Part 2 "Burn My Eyes" album in full. Chris Kontos and Logan Mader return to the band. Tickets on sale Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

£27.50-100 plus fees for the Apollo in Manchester ,3500 capacity
    76.50-106 euro in the 3arena, 10k capacity.

Irish people ripped off yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Deacon Blue and Basement Jaxx DJ Set round out the Dun Laoghaire pier three days of gigs.

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1110240840876724225?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Deacon Blue and Basement Jaxx DJ Set round out the Dun Laoghaire pier three days of gigs.

Basement Jax Dj set what a crock of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah i dont know what they were thinking having Metallica and The Cure on the same day let alone this

It's this year's equivalent of 2018's Flight of the Conchords/Taylor Swift/The National clash.
    Double whammy on all three (June 15th and 16th), though I acknowledge that the Flight of the Conchords shows were rescheduled dates.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I have seen every act on the bill for the three days. Very reasonable ticket prices though, for a change.

Stereophonics
    Exciting news! Pleased to announce that Kelly is heading out on a solo tour in the UK in June and July 2019 for only the 3rd time in his career!

Dates are as follows :

SATURDAY 01 JUNE EDINBURGH USHER HALL
    SUNDAY 02 JUNE GLASGOW ROYAL CONCERT HALL
    WEDNESDAY 05 JUNE SHEFFIELD CITY HALL
    THURSDAY 06 JUNE LIVERPOOL PHILHARMONIC
    SATURDAY 08 JUNE CARDIFF ST DAVID’S HALL
    MONDAY 10 JUNE BRIGHTON DOME
    TUESDAY 11 JUNE BATH FORUM
    SATURDAY 15 JUNE CAMBRIDGE CORN EXCHANGE
    SUNDAY 16 JUNE LONDON EVENTIM APOLLO
    MONDAY 01 JULY BIRMINGHAM SYMPHONY HALL
    TUESDAY 02 JULY MANCHESTER O2 APOLLO
    WEDNESDAY 03 JULY NOTTINGHAM ROYAL CONCERT HALL
    Tickets go on general sale on Friday 29th March at 10am.

To gain access to the pre-sale via the Stereohonics official mailing list please sign up before midnight tonight (Mon) at : https://stereophonics.com/sign-up/
    (If you are already on the mailing list, you don’t need to sign up again)

Would love a Vicar St or Olympia gig

Stereophonics

Would love a Vicar St or Olympia gig

His Vicar Street solo gig many moons ago was incredible. Fingers crossed he plays here.

His Vicar Street solo gig many moons ago was incredible. Fingers crossed he plays here.

Yea i only got into the Phonics after his solo gig so missed it. Somewhere like Whelans would be unreal tho ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Brass Against doing an Irish tour. Unfortunately the Dublin date is the same day as Slane. Was at their gig in the Button Factory a few weeks back and they were great!

476344.jpg

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Brass Against doing an Irish tour. Unfortunately the Dublin date is the same day as Slane. Was at their gig in the Button Factory a few weeks back and they were great!

Damn it.

Another one clashes with Metallica.

I have missed last one in Button Factory so looks like trip to Cork or Belfast for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.facebook.com/126879580715806/posts/2603125443091195/

Back from the dead it seems ha

I'd find all this hologram stuff too creepy for my liking

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/126879580715806/posts/2603125443091195/

Back from the dead it seems ha

I'd find all this hologram stuff too creepy for my liking

I went to the Roy Orbison gig as I won tickets (and actually wanted to go). It was very good and I did enjoy it but it felt very odd knowing it wasn't him (obviously). The show was embarrassingly short though and a total rip off had you paid for tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I went to the Roy Orbison gig as I won tickets (and actually wanted to go). It was very good and I did enjoy it but it felt very odd knowing it wasn't him (obviously). The show was embarrassingly short though and a total rip off had you paid for tickets.

Was there a big cheer when the hologram appeared on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

In fairness, that hologram isnt a young man any more. Not easy to do a long set.

Wonder do their families get anything from it? Do record companies own the rights to the music and to have it performed live? Wonder will we see artists in future having instructions not to turn them into a hologram after their death :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

66-77 euro to watch a hologram ,people have more money than sense it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wonder do their families get anything from it? Do record companies own the rights to the music and to have it performed live? Wonder will we see artists in future having instructions not to turn them into a hologram after their death :P.

It's interesting, I remember a Michael Jackson hologram was developed and 'performed' at the Billboard Music Awards a few years back.

ABBA are currently developing something similar, a live concert-style show with band and dancers surrounding avatars showing them as they were in their prime.

Eod100 wrote: »

Yep his family own the image rights and essentially lease them to the production. Royalties for the songs go to whoever owns the music rights. His children were heavily involved in the whole thing.

Prince called the technology demonic which some saw as his request not to be a hologram.

The Orbison show was about 55 minutes with three or four video intervals about Roy, some of which looked from the 90s. He quite literally rose from the ground at the start which was so creepy and then sunk back in for the intervals. Thanked his orchestra each song and turned around when a backing vocalist sang to watch them. Enjoyable but very odd.

He was a dick though, didn't take one crowd request.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Any chance The Killers will play Dublin before Belfast?

I hope they have a 3arena show, and there is nothing booked for the 3arena dates in the period before June 25th Belfast show.

• Advertisement

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Any chance The Killers will play Dublin before Belfast?

I hope they have a 3arena show, and there is nothing booked for the 3arena dates in the period before June 25th Belfast show.

I highly doubt it. They played two gigs in fairly quick succession in the last 18 months in Dublin

Advertisement