Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

I highly doubt it. They played two gigs in fairly quick succession in the last 18 months in Dublin

Tempted alright to go up but the journey is the annoying part Cork to Belfast and accomodation just puts me off if i were to go up there it would be for Slash and the conspirators

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Tempted alright to go up but the journey is the annoying part Cork to Belfast and accomodation just puts me off if i were to go up there it would be for Slash and the conspirators
    Get a cheap flight to somewhere in Europe and make a weekend out of it tbh..

Take your pick: http://www.slashonline.com/tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Basq wrote: »
    Get a cheap flight to somewhere in Europe and make a weekend out of it tbh..

Take your pick: http://www.slashonline.com/tour/

Not exactly good advice on this occassion tbh, in my experience as someone living in county Tipp the cheap flights rarely exist in Cork so find myself flying out of Dublin due to cost. Belfast is only an hour and a half from Dublin it's a small island, all Slash dates there bar around 3 (Belfast being one of them) are festival slots and not headline sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »

Well that's good. It was probably the only weekend of the entire summer that didn't have a festival on...

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Well that's good. It was probably the only weekend of the entire summer that didn't have a festival on...

:P

Heh. Remember when Jim Carroll had his On the Record blog he used count festival/outdoor concerts in summer and used be 100 odd most years. Wonder what it would be these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

maximoose wrote: »
    Sold out

Second date added on Sunday 8th

Left it too late buying Saturday tickets, gobsh!te that I am redface.png

VICTIMSBELFAST is the presale code for the Killers in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I highly doubt it. They played two gigs in fairly quick succession in the last 18 months in Dublin

They are playing in Cardiff that Friday so I doubt they will add on a Dublin date although I would LOVE one....
    I saw on Twitter prices of £80 :eek: steeeep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

dragonfly! wrote: »
    They are playing in Cardiff that Friday so I doubt they will add on a Dublin date although I would LOVE one....
    I saw on Twitter prices of £80 :eek: steeeep

And its only two of the band who actually tour these days!

• Advertisement

That is true
    A lot of the "Mr Brightside" fans wouldnt even cop that though:rolleyes:

Just checked Belfast are £49.50 plus charges
    waaaay better prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yes ,that is correct.
    Dave Keuning ,the original guitarist was actually in Dublin on Mon night playing a solo gig in the Academy Green Room ,I hope he got a decent turnout.

Back from Chris Shiflett well worth the €20 to see him. He did a meet and greet before and after and was signing albums and taking photos with everyone another great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ngunners

Villagers and John Grant playing the Galway international arts festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Villagers played Galway in December and John Grant on Saturday so a bit too soon to be coming back if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

David Blaine announced a date in the 3Arena for 8 June. Tickets on sale on Friday next week.

David Blaine: New York police investigate magician over sexual assault allegations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

The Nal wrote: »

Guess he can't magic away everything.

Dude needs Copperfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Pixies

Ulster Hall 25th Sep
    Olympia Dublin 26th

Celine Dion's residency is finishing in Las Vegas over the summer
    Apparently shes then going on a world tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

WdJS.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

World tour initial dates only consist of the US and Canada.
    Would she play the 3arena I wonder ,its probably too small in the all seated layout for her high ticket prices.
    The missus is a big fan so it would be nice to see her indoors ,no interest in an outdoor gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Saturday 29th June will see a very special performance at NCH of I Am The Greatest, the A House album consistently recognised as one of the best to come from Ireland. Of the album's title track, Melody Maker wrote: "unforgettable ... a systematic, blow-by- blow destruction of the music business and the state of the nation coupled with a dramatic determination not to give in."

For this one-off concert Dave Couse, Fergal Bunbury and friends re-interpret the seminal 1991 album for 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

[ GIG NEWS ] @Hot_Chip have announced a return to Dublin with a headliner in the @OlympiaTheatre on Oct 17th!

➤ Tickets on sale Friday April 12th at 10:00am https://t.co/eunBHA5UXm

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Ozzy Osbourne has postponed all dates till 2020 ..to recover from his medical issues.... Not looking good at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

laros wrote: »
    Ozzy Osbourne has postponed all dates till 2020 ..to recover from his medical issues.... Not looking good at all....

He should just call it a day. No guarantees he will be healthy enough too tour then

I'll still hold on too my ticket til its officially cancelled

Would she play the 3arena I wonder ,its probably too small in the all seated layout for her high ticket prices.
    The missus is a big fan so it would be nice to see her indoors ,no interest in an outdoor gig.

Today FM were talking about this - they are hinting at Croke Park

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

She is playing Hyde Park this year i think? But its a European Exclusive as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You'll have to change your username if you start rocking up at Celine Dion gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Today FM were talking about this - they are hinting at Croke Park
    Up until recently she was the only female to have played Croker (more recently Beyonce and Taylor Swift)

Advertisement