Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Went to see them last year they put on a great show but they were only able to sell half the seats and nearly all the standing. It may be too soon for them to announce another gig here

It was a Monday night I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Electric picnic maybe?
    After Asia and US tour, they're playing one date in Switzerland and then a string of dates in UK creamfields (22nd August – 25th August) is their last date until the 31st October where they are playing in Brisbane.

So they could easily fit EP in.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Went to see them last year they put on a great show but they were only able to sell half the seats and nearly all the standing. It may be too soon for them to announce another gig here
    Another gig where a 5k venue would have been ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 llb

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Of Monsters and Men are playing the the Olympia in Oct

Anyone know the presale code? I tried registering to pre-order their album on their website a few days ago but it was only itunes, not a real album so I didn't proceed. Now I'm worried I'll miss the tickets! Got engaged at their last Dublin gig 4 years ago so really want to make this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

llb wrote: »
    Anyone know the presale code? I tried registering to pre-order their album on their website a few days ago but it was only itunes, not a real album so I didn't proceed.

FWIW, there is usually always a no purchase option for these kind of presale as well - for this gig it seems you have to have signed up to their website mailing list before 12pm yesterday though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 llb

I did try that a few days ago when it was announced. Maybe I made a mistake somewhere along the way, but I didn't receive a code unfortunately. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Tickets for Fleetwood mac have been released there some decent seats available

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/fleetwood-mac-dublin-13-06-2019/event/18005559CB1A7385

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tickets for Fleetwood mac have been released there some decent seats available

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/fleetwood-mac-dublin-13-06-2019/event/18005559CB1A7385

A bit cheeky but shows never trust that sold out bollocks from promoters

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They are unsold 'platinum' tickets being released as normal tickets.
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/fleetwood-mac-official-platinum-tickets-dublin-13-06-2019/event/18005559E3947CC4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I dont think they are in this case are there were no platinum seats available for the last few months.

People will eventually cop on to this .
    Very little incentive to buy tickets early ,often 6-9 months in advance when loads of tickets released closer to the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't think so. as I said in the FM thread, they're almost all in potentially obstructed/restricted view of the stage, and grouped in patterns/lines, so they're production hold tickets that didn't go on-sale until after the mixing desk, stage etc. went up and sight-lines were established.
    when you click on the seat map, most are in Block E looking almost 180 degrees on at the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Am I alone in not liking the RDS as a venue?
    Can't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Suckit wrote: »
    Can't stand it.

Yea it’s a nightmare for queues for toilets/bar etc. Was at the killers last year and it was a disaster

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Can't stand it.

i can only recall being there for 2 gigs

u2 zoo tv in 1993, and Bruce in 2012

the first gig i was full of youthful exuberance and it being my first real gig i didnt notice any problems with it.

with the bruce gig, we stayed well back from the front to get decent sound... i still remember the toilets being a complete pain... and, as always, way worse for females.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Deerhunter Whelans nov 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Can't stand it.

Never had a bad experience there and have been to 20 odd gigs there. Even back when the stage was facing the main stand. Decent food, toilets easy to get to, bars ok and on a nice day you can sit on the grass outside. Sound usually bang on too.

Like any big gig though, shíte unless you're in early and close to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.facebook.com/TicketmasterIE/photos/a.10150104719132271/10155925704412271/
    The Twilight Sad (Official) live at The Button Factory on 16 October 2019. Tickets on sale Friday 14 June at 9AM http://bit.ly/2XbcWbZ

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Am hoping they might be a late addition to ATN, but definitely going to see them this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dermot Kennedy in 3Arena on 22nd of December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Marina (and the Diamonds) coming to Dublin on 30th October

https://twitter.com/MarinaDiamandis/status/1140544619958198273

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

From MCD

💥 @GerryCinnamon returns to Ireland later this year! He'll play @SSEBelfastArena on Fri Nov 1st, then the @3ArenaDublin on Sat Nov 2nd!

➤ Tickets on sale this Friday from 9:00am https://t.co/U1mdJHSUGY

lc180 wrote: »
    From MCD

💥 @GerryCinnamon returns to Ireland later this year! He'll play @SSEBelfastArena on Fri Nov 1st, then the @3ArenaDublin on Sat Nov 2nd!

➤ Tickets on sale this Friday from 9:00am https://t.co/U1mdJHSUGY

A lot of acts do a short support set here over the summer and then announce a headliner for later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Garbage playing the iveagh gardens in July

News out that Butch Vig is injured, won't be appearing on the Euro run he'll be replaced by Matt Walker (ex Filter/Smashing Pumpkins) who has done replacement duty for Garbage before and even drummed on most of the tracks on the bands fourth album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

News out that Butch Vig is injured, won't be appearing on the Euro run he'll be replaced by Matt Walker (ex Filter/Smashing Pumpkins) who has done replacement duty for Garbage before and even drummed on most of the tracks on the bands fourth album.

It's a real pity. I've seen Matt fill in for Butch a few years ago he a top notch drummer and Garbage were great but he'd big shoes to fill.

Guns N Roses apparently touring Europe next summer in the UK could we get a croke park date? According to the Gnr forums a fan asked the drummer and he said they will be in the UK , I could see them selling out croke park seeing as they sold out Slane in under a day

Guns N Roses apparently touring Europe next summer in the UK could we get a croke park date? According to the Gnr forums a fan asked the drummer and he said they will be in the UK , I could see them selling out croke park seeing as they sold out Slane in under a day

Slane yet again ??

Would like a Croke Park show with a good support bill. Aviva will prob be out of action with some of the euro 2020 games taking place there

2 nights in the RDS could be a runner too

Wait and see but they have too switch it up a bit and not just be another NITL leg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I could see them selling out croke park seeing as they sold out Slane in under a day

Funny how I bought tickets to Slane on TM a month before the show :)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Slane yet again ??

Would like a Croke Park show with a good support bill. Aviva will prob be out of action with some of the euro 2020 games taking place there

2 nights in the RDS could be a runner too

Wait and see but they have too switch it up a bit and not just be another NITL leg

They are going to keep doing the NITL Tour i can imagine its just a money machine now , they have added more us dates for this fall so hopefully they come back to europe id hate for it to be the exact same show that was at Slane they just seem to play the same songs every show with little variation , they only really ever play one gig when they play a country in europe , Croke would be easier for everyone , i think it wouldnt be out of the question them playing Slane again considering lord henry missed them two years ago but i don't know would it be overkill them playing 3 slane concerts , hopefully they play a date , that may be why Duff or Slash never played a date here who knows , werea handy pay day for them when they do play here so I can't see why not im struggling to think who could even play croke next year

• Advertisement

Funny how I bought tickets to Slane on TM a month before the show :)

Yeah that always happens with shows for some reason they are listed as sold out and about a month beforehand a load of tickets come up i imagine they are production hold tickets , same happened with Fleetwood Mac last week

Advertisement