Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Some random guy on the internet :pac:

"lad at work shur " :cool:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The one thing we know about Metallica...there'll be a tour announced soon.

If Ireland is on it...Hope it's good support!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,260 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah lots of rumours on the Metallica fourms about a summer 2019 Euro stadium tour annoucement monday and that Slane is the irish venue

Sure look at it this way Slane has hosted some of the best acts of all time and is widly known as a Rock venue. Metallica are well deserved to be given a show there, its been 10 years since they last played the Republic, it will sell as Metallica/support bands will go, the usual ole ole ole crowd will go, It will be hyped up to the max etc.

Personally hate open field gigs and would of rathered a stadium but i was lucky enough to see Metallica in Glasgow last year and had a perfect view in Row A of the seating section and im strongly thinking of doing Slane and see what all the fuse is about. Bus services like travelmaster are ideal for me

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Why would MCD keep posting Metallica stuff if they didn't have them booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In fairness it's highly unlikely they aren't booked

• Advertisement

Taken from Metallica forums

'Slane will take place on Sat 8th June 2019 and it will be Metallica with Judas Priest and Ghost supporting'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Personally hate open field gigs and would of rathered a stadium but i was lucky enough to see Metallica in Glasgow last year and had a perfect view in Row A of the seating section and im strongly thinking of doing Slane and see what all the fuse is about. Bus services like travelmaster are ideal for me

I'm glad I saw them front row in the O2 last year ,no way in hell am I going to that dump Slane .
    That place needs to be retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That lineup might tempt me to slane........

Cos' it'll be half empty.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    That lineup might tempt me to slane........

Cos' it'll be half empty.

I think it will pull a similar crowd to Bon Jovi/Foo fighters

We knw one things for sure they will play Whiskey in the jar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bon Jovi sold less than 40,000 tickets, which would literally be half empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Confirmed... Done deal tornado already signed the contract.
    Metallica, judas priest, ghost, count tornado

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I heard that an indie American band which has never played there before will be announced for Slane

I will knife anybody who shouts whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nothing on MCD.ie about Metallica??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

You know that's going to be the chant from about 16.00 onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nothing on MCD.ie about Metallica??

They have tweeted a few things over the past few weeks alright. But that’s not the issue, we know they’re coming here next Summer. The only question is where?

And I’d prefer to wait for something more concrete than someone knows someone who works in Ticketmaster said something or it’s being discussed on some other message board by people who have the exact same zero knowledge of anything definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They have tweeted a few things over the past few weeks alright. But that’s not the issue, we know they’re coming here next Summer. The only question is where?

And I’d prefer to wait for something more concrete than someone knows someone who works in Ticketmaster said something or it’s being discussed on some other message board by people who have the exact same zero knowledge of anything definite.

Yep. Like www.metallica.com for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭roadmaster

i would be worried for them playing slane cant see them filling it without a very strong support line up. But at least if it is slane there will be no problem in getting what ever substitute they have for beer . Looking at there website surprised at the amount arenas in america there is still tickets left for

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

I met a fella who was on hols in Dingle about a month ago and he told me that Metallica will be def playing Slane next summer. He works "in the industry" let's say. He seemed a genuine guy and I have no reason to doubt him. If they were playing in my local pub tonight I'd have to think twice about going to see them. I loved them 30 years ago but they've annoyed me for a long time now. If Judas Priest were on the bill though I'd be there in a shot....even to Slane.

ps. as if it matters where I met him :)

• Advertisement

if it helps i have a great source in ticketmaster who hasn't heard a word of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It may come to pass yet of course, but it's hilarious how much legs this story has gotten from anonymous people quoting other anonymous people on Internet message boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

Arghus wrote: »
    It may come to pass yet of course, but it's hilarious how much legs this story has gotten from anonymous people quoting other anonymous people on Internet message boards.

I'm not anonymous!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Whisky Whisky...Ole Ole Ole Ole...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I've never seen Metallica and Priest are near the top of my metal bucket list. Please not fcuking Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

No way Judas Priest will be at Slane, people need to check themselves. It’s not 1985 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

s8n wrote: »
    No way Judas Priest will be at Slane, people need to check themselves. It’s not 1985 !!

as a support act of course they could..

*just announced as ozzy support, rules out slane then

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Ozzy Osbourne with guests Judas Priest 30th Jan 2019 in the 3 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Public Service Broadcasting Playing the Olympia in January. Tickets onsale on Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Public Service Broadcasting Playing the Olympia in January. Tickets onsale on Thursday

Great news!

Advertisement