Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Bowie Celebration Olympia Jan 9th 2019

Options
  • 16-05-2018 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a presale link to this mornings general ticket sale?

Signed up a couple of days to website.

Anyone catch it the last time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I'm looking for a presale code too. There is no info on the official site as to how you access the presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

poundhound wrote: »
    I'm looking for a presale code too. There is no info on the official site as to how you access the presale.

Kinda hoping link on website opens to presale at 10am

nothing is loading up,

Help me Ground Control!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Sting's kid involved once again and G-AD still absent?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Anyone have a presale link to this mornings general ticket sale?

Signed up a couple of days to website.

Anyone catch it the last time?

Hi I went to the last one,I'm a big bowie fan, but I wouldn't go again, was a good show though

• Advertisement

avfc1874 wrote: »
    Hi I went to the last one,I'm a big bowie fan, but I wouldn't go again, was a good show though

Why not again?

I imagine setlist will be similar,

Didn't come off as karaokesqe?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why not again?

False advertising. There were a lot of people singing Bowie songs, but the man himself never made an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Messaged the management and they denied there was a presale for general admission today. Didn’t even argue with him even though TM clearly showed presale for general admission on their website.

I attended the last show. I don’t do Bowie tribute acts as I’ve been lucky enough to see the man himself 10 times. But this is not a tribute act. The fact his former band mates were there made it a great experience for me. 2.5 hours of magic.
    If anything the addition of Earl Slick this time around makes this more appealing. As does vocalist Bernard Fowler, who incidently is singing backing vocals for The Stones tomorrow night.

Gail Ann Dorsey is not involved. Carmine Rojas is playing bass. He played on both the Serious Moonlight and Glass Spider tours.

poundhound wrote: »
    Messaged the management and they denied there was a presale for general admission today. Didn’t even argue with him even though TM clearly showed presale for general admission on their website.

I attended the last show. I don’t do Bowie tribute acts as I’ve been lucky enough to see the man himself 10 times. But this is not a tribute act. The fact his former band mates were there made it a great experience for me. 2.5 hours of magic.
    If anything the addition of Earl Slick this time around makes this more appealing. As does vocalist Bernard Fowler, who incidently is singing backing vocals for The Stones tomorrow night.

Gail Ann Dorsey is not involved. Carmine Rojas is playing bass. He played on both the Serious Moonlight and Glass Spider tours.

Thanks, I’ll def have to pick up some now.

FYI

Loads of seats at 50.50

First 2 rows are at 80euro

3rd row onward is less.

For the sake of saving thirty just be aware :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement