Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Frame Crack? Opinions

Options
  • 16-05-2018 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping this isn't a crack beneath my BB. I can't get to the LBS till tomorrow so - thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

no pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

no pic.

Yeah, having trouble uploading them. Bear with me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

is there a photo attached as I can't see any.
    I had what looked like a hairline crack in my front fork on my Giant. I brought it back to LBS and thought it may just be a crack in the paint and they said it defo was not and sent the fork back to Giant. Had a replacement fork fitted within a week courtesy of Giant, no questions asked and the bike was 4 years old. Better to be safe than sorry. I still shudder when I think that I did a mountainous 100km the week before on it.

Photo 2 isn't great. Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Looks like a scrape in the paint (photos are both fairly blurred though). The BB is the thickest part of the frame, if taken chips out of the paint on mine and the carbon is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Very hard to see that to be honest.

Thanks folks. I know the photos were poor but unfortunately the phone ain't great. I'll have time to get it to the LBS tomorrow anyway.

Thank god for the +1 rule I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks folks. I know the photos were poor but unfortunately the phone ain't great. I'll have time to get it to the LBS tomorrow anyway.

Thank god for the +1 rule I say!

The phone is an S8! Its fine!

In future pull the camera away a little, then zoom the photo up in paint. Putting it so close gets you nowhere ;)

Advertisement