Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building a small chest of drawers

• 16-05-2018 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I saw this for sale on a deal site,

s-l500.jpg

I was thinking about buying it but the reviews on Amazon are not great, the drawers are not well supported etc.

I was looking around for something similar and couldnt really find anything. I was thinking maybe I could try making something like this. I have minimal experience with woodwork..

Im just wondering how hard would it be to make something like this where the drawers open smoothly without having a table saw to cut perfect straight lines. Maybe it would be a bit much and just end up a mess..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

rowanh wrote: »
    I saw this for sale on a deal site,

s-l500.jpg

I was thinking about buying it but the reviews on Amazon are not great, the drawers are not well supported etc.

I was looking around for something similar and couldnt really find anything. I was thinking maybe I could try making something like this. I have minimal experience with woodwork..

Im just wondering how hard would it be to make something like this where the drawers open smoothly without having a table saw to cut perfect straight lines. Maybe it would be a bit much and just end up a mess..

Generally wide and shallow drawers don't run very well - they bind easily unless made with great precision. To get around that you will notice the drawers have side sliders so you would need at least a router table to mill a groove in the drawer sides. It can be made but without tools and experience it probably will be a good first effort.

Advertisement