Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Criterion to release extended version of The Tree of Life

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

This film about life, death and either side of these certainly isn't for everyone but it blew me away when I saw it. The cinematography is beautifully handled by the talented Emmanuelle Lubezki and Jessica Chastain excels in her role as the devoted mother. Brad Pitt tries his best God bless him.

It makes you reminisce of a childhood you probably didn't even have. An extra 50 minutes is welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

p to the e wrote: »
    An extra 50 minutes is welcomed.

Even if it's 50 more minutes of dinosaurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

its out. well worth a watch. and its not 50 minutes more of dinosaurs.

would love to see malick go back and do an extended version of the thin red line. apparently the first cut of that was about 5 hours long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

its out. well worth a watch. and its not 50 minutes more of dinosaurs.

would love to see malick go back and do an extended version of the thin red line. apparently the first cut of that was about 5 hours long!

I'd like to see him recut it without those terrible voiceovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The director's cut of The Tree of Life, now with extra dinosaurs.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'd like to see him recut it without those terrible voiceovers.

it wouldn't be a malick movie without the voiceovers, would it? im not sure why you would even watch it if you don't like the directors style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

it wouldn't be a malick movie without the voiceovers, would it? im not sure why you would even watch it if you don't like the directors style

The style is fine. The voice overs on 'The Thin Red Line' are awful.

Tony EH wrote: »
    The style is fine. The voice overs on 'The Thin Red Line' are awful.

well, I would disagree completely but each to their own

Advertisement