Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleblayney 10miler 21/07/2018

Options
  • 16-05-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Blayney Rockets AC host their annual 10 mile road race on Saturday 21st July. Race has grown in numbers each year and have almost 350 finishers last year.

Early bird now open for online registration at only €15 which covers race entry, T shirt, finishers medal and the all important freshments afterwards which never disappoints. Category prizes as well on the day.

Lovely scenic route round Lough Muckno and a decent course.

Early bird open until 18th June when it goes to €20 with entry of €25 on the day.

Hope it is of interest to a few here and any questions let me know.

Online entry here: http://https://www.runireland.com/events/blayney-rockets-10-mile/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

Planning on using this one as a step up from 10k. Anyone here ran it before? Any feedback?
    Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I ran it last year. It's a great race with a few challenges along the way but nothing too tough. Nice stadium finish and the spread afterwards was impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

nowaynever wrote: »
    Planning on using this one as a step up from 10k. Anyone here ran it before? Any feedback?
    Ta.

Ran it last year. Not an easy route but a fair one, plenty of places to make up a bit of time as well as a few rolling hills. Great set up, really well organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

Ah thanks for the feedback folks much appreciated. Think I’ll give it a bash, sure what’s the worst that can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Super race, on a lovely course. Start in Muckno is superb, as the kids can play in one of the country’s top play parks. Quiet country roads, great buzz about the town, and a spread second to none in the Faughs football field. Highly recommended. Hopefully I’ll get there to break the 60 minutes, missed out by 45 seconds last time out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Did this run last year. Tough route, especially long drag to the finish. Will be back this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Great feedback above from past runners, cheers. I tried to stay out of it as obvious bias!

Just to let everyone know early bird entry of €15 closes this Sunday 17th, so great reason to get signed up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Looking forward to this run. Usually a good value run with nice medal and tshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Gentle reminder on this. Only a few days to go to this. Online reg still open at €20 or €25 on the days.

All looking good and weather should be ideal.

Any questions fire away and anyone taking part on day be sure to say hi. Will be floating about Reg that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Absolutely brilliant race again today. Definitely my favourite 10 mile race. Great course, great atmosphere and support around the route. Lovely medal and t-shirt too.
    Also got a PB.
    Can't wait for next years race now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement