Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I switch mortgage providers after 18 months after receiving a 2% cashback

Options
  • 16-05-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Back in December 2016 my partner and myself switched mortgage providers to get a better rate. We also received a 2% cashback bonus for switching.

I was comparing mortgage rates this week and there are a few banks offering a better mortgage rate which would decrease our monthly repayments by €80. I'm just wondering if there are terms and conditions with switching to another bank after receiving a bonus cashback? I checked the terms and conditions of the offer but I cant see anything about paying back the bonus if you switch mortgages in a certain time period.

Has anybody swtiched their mortgage to different banks over the last couple of years?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

gazzer wrote: »
    Back in December 2016 my partner and myself switched mortgage providers to get a better rate. We also received a 2% cashback bonus for switching.

I was comparing mortgage rates this week and there are a few banks offering a better mortgage rate which would decrease our monthly repayments by €80. I'm just wondering if there are terms and conditions with switching to another bank after receiving a bonus cashback? I checked the terms and conditions of the offer but I cant see anything about paying back the bonus if you switch mortgages in a certain time period.

Has anybody swtiched their mortgage to different banks over the last couple of years?

Thanks.

No claw back - switch away. BOI will give you 2% cash back and another 1% after five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Browney7 wrote: »
    No claw back - switch away. BOI will give you 2% cash back and another 1% after five years.

Thats great. Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

Advertisement