Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - budget Gaming (mostly CS:GO).

Options
  • 16-05-2018 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭

Hi.

looking build a new gaming PC so I can stop playing on my laptop.
    I really just want something than can play CS:GO at 1080p at a high FPS (120+). Will be used for playing CS:GO and some other games, nothing intensive.

1. What is your budget? [€500-600 but the cheaper the better]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming CS:GO]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [YNo]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [21.5'+. 1920x1080]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [n/a]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Yes]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [willing to try]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/]

9. When are you purchasing? [In undetermined days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [n/a I got Linus as a guide :pac:]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mouse: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/
    He also reviewed the upcoming Logitech G305 wireless

Ryzen iGPU:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£76.79 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard (£69.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£74.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.95 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£43.53 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair - Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Monitor: Iiyama - G-MASTER BLACK HAWK 24.5" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (£115.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £467.24
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-16 14:49 BST+0100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Mouse:

Just realised I said I don't need a monitor, but I do. So thanks for including it :D

Your build looks decent, would you recommend using the on-board GPU on that CPU for this level of gaming or would I be better off getting a 1050TI or RX550 or similar?

Just realised I said I don't need a monitor, but I do. So thanks for including it :D

Your build looks decent, would you recommend using the on-board GPU on that CPU for this level of gaming or would I be better off getting a 1050TI or RX550 or similar?

RX 550 is only on-par (or even worse) than Ryzen 2200G's Vega 8 graphics core.

1050 Ti would trounce it but is sadly out of your budget.

RX 550 is only on-par (or even worse) than Ryzen 2200G's Vega 8 graphics core.

1050 Ti would trounce it but is sadly out of your budget.

Honestly would have assumed the rx550 would have improved the performance a lot, so there's me learned!

If I was going to spend the extra would you recommend that Ryzen 3 + a 1050ti or an i3 8th gen with a 1050ti? they'd be similar enough price wise yes?

All Ryzen 3, i3 8th gen or i5 previous gen are roughly similar in performance anyway; as long as it can hit 3.8GHz you'll be GPU bottlenecked.

• Advertisement

All Ryzen 3, i3 8th gen or i5 previous gen are roughly similar in performance anyway; as long as it can hit 3.8GHz you'll be GPU bottlenecked.

So for my purposes I'd be as well off with the on board Vega 8 unless I was willing to overclock to 3850 on the Ryzen3?

So for my purposes I'd be as well off with the on board Vega 8 unless I was willing to overclock to 3850 on the Ryzen3?

You can overclock the Vega 8 on the Ryzen 2200G.

You can overclock the Vega 8 on the Ryzen 2200G.

mind = blown here. This chip set sounds like a bit of a game changer in terms of budget gaming builds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The RX550 is somewhat better than Ryzen 2200G's integrated graphics. However the 2400G would be pretty much identical.

A €120 GTX1050 would be twice as fast as 2200G but if the budget is strict it's not really feasible.

However obviously the 2200G would get you by very well on CS:GO until you decide to buy a dedicated card down the line. It's the beauty of it really, gives you a lot of flexability. Maybe consider the 2400G either. Better CPU overall and better integrated graphics.

Intel i3 8th gen + motherboard is somewhat better paired with a discrete card but the integrated graphics are really poor compared to Ryzen.

Also, aiming for 120fps in CS:Go is a bit redundant until you have a 120hz+ monitor!

The RX550 is somewhat better than Ryzen 2200G's integrated graphics. However the 2400G would be pretty much identical.

A €120 GTX1050 would be twice as fast as 2200G but if the budget is strict it's not really feasible.

However obviously the 2200G would get you by very well on CS:GO until you decide to buy a dedicated card down the line. It's the beauty of it really, gives you a lot of flexability. Maybe consider the 2400G either. Better CPU overall and better integrated graphics.

Intel i3 8th gen + motherboard is somewhat better paired with a discrete card but the integrated graphics are really poor compared to Ryzen.

Also, aiming for 120fps in CS:Go is a bit redundant until you have a 120hz+ monitor!

Depends on the game really.

But the monitor in the above build is 75Hz ;)

• Advertisement

cheers, all makes sense!

This would appear to make sense, but it's not actually true. Higher FPS in the source engine, even at 60hz offers a much smoother in game experience.
    It's counter intuitive but that's why pro cs:go players will use stupidly overpower machines and still play at mid quality 1080p because the higher fps, even at 60hz, offers more advantages than playing at high quality and sub 100fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I got a hp 8300 mini tower (not the small form factor which was ten cheaper) for 240 delivered with 8gb ram and an I7 3770 from ebay and bought a 1050ti for 140. Something simiolar may be an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's something up with that first video, it has the 2200G rivalling and even beating the 1200 + RX550 combo. That doesn't stack up with pro reviews of the 2200G which has it pretty significantly slower than the GT1030 which trades blows with the RX550 game-dependent.

I would say an overclocked 2400G would be closer to on-par though.

I have a 2200G here but I haven't gotten around to using it yet. Very interested to see what it can do. I'm a big Overwatch player, so the prospect of actually being able to run a popular, relatively modern arena shooter at 1080p medium @ 60fps on a €100 APU is really just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There's something up with that first video, it has the 2200G rivalling and even beating the 1200 + RX550 combo. That doesn't stack up with pro reviews of the 2200G which has it pretty significantly slower than the GT1030 which trades blows with the RX550 game-dependent.

I would say an overclocked 2400G would be closer to on-par though.

I have a 2200G here but I haven't gotten around to using it yet. Very interested to see what it can do. I'm a big Overwatch player, so the prospect of actually being able to run a popular, relatively modern arena shooter at 1080p medium @ 60fps on a €100 APU is really just incredible.

Ryzen and the integrated APU's respond really well to high bandwidth low latency ram, I would guess thats the difference.

Advertisement