Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree felling at Tennis Club Threadneedle Road

Options
  • 16-05-2018 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Just came across this now. Cutting down all the old trees inside the wall which have been there for a long time. Anyone know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

smurf492 wrote: »
    Just came across this now. Cutting down all the old trees inside the wall which have been there for a long time. Anyone know why?

Did you think of asking them?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Would have if i wasn't driving...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Would have if i wasn't driving...

If they are old they are probably at risk of falling down or diseased so they might be taking them for health and safety reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Having to listen to Ed Sheeran for two days probably killed them off.

Having to listen to Ed Sheeran for two days probably killed them off.

Ha ha brilliant ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,122 ✭✭✭✭zell12

They were deemed not high net worth enough to be on Threadneedle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

zell12 wrote: »
    They were deemed not high net worth enough to be on Threadneedle

oooooo..... stinging! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I noticed they were cut yesterday, it looks so strange without them. I hope they plant some new ones.

I noticed they were cut yesterday, it looks so strange without them. I hope they plant some new ones.

My thoughts exactly. Being from the area it looks so strange. I know they were fairly overgrown but most of tje growth came over onto the footpath and didn't seem to cause any obstruction to the tennis courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

My thoughts exactly. Being from the area it looks so strange. I know they were fairly overgrown but most of tje growth came over onto the footpath and didn't seem to cause any obstruction to the tennis courts.

It didn't really cause obstruction to anyone though. It used to be a good spot to shelter during a shower if you were out for a walk! It looks stark without them there. Hopefully they won't cut the ones at the top of Dr Mannix road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement